What's new

Insight: Unable to copy it, China tries building own jet engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking about what is written on this dish? If so, I think, if my chinese is good enough, that it means the "Type certification" in December 2005.

1HQaH.jpg

Some other photos of WS-10 in test bed...

2XYA3.jpg

dzhbc.jpg

Lvo5W.jpg

:coffee:

Yeah, it did pass all the tests in November 2005, and being certificated in December 2005.

Thank you for the pics.

from above reference

." Kaveri had already passed ground tests before being sent to Russia for FTB(fight test bid) trials and other simulated tests.""

small changes doesn't make WS-10 & Al-31 different , it's copy this the way china does . china has history of copy so anyone can guess.

For those who claim that WS-10 is a copy of AL-31, you should make a litte more research before trolling, since you are making yourself like an unprofessional troll.

Even Russians themselves don't believe that WS-10 is somewhat related to AL-31.

small changes doesn't make WS-10 & Al-31 different , it's copy this the way china does . china has history of copy so anyone can guess.

Totally false.

I have here a quote of a very old paper showing that the core engine of WS-10 is derivating from... CFM-56... Nothing to see with AL-31FN.

According to this sentence, it says that -

"Thanks to the reverse engineering of the core engine of CFM-56, purchased between 7th Five-Year Plan and 1997, and also the development of WS-6 and program n°14 (I think it's WP-14), we are developing the 132kN thrust engine 10A"

M0TC6.jpg

Totally false.

I have here a quote of a very old paper showing that the core engine of WS-10 is derivating from... CFM-56... Nothing to see with AL-31FN.

According to this sentence, it says that -

"Thanks to the reverse enginnering on the core engine of CFM-56, purchased between 7th Five-Year Plan and 1997, and also the development of WS-6 and program 14th (I think it's WP-14), we are developing the 132kN thrust engine 10A"

M0TC6.jpg

Yeah, the origin of our jet engine mostly derived from the western countries like UK/US/France, and ironically it has almost nothing to do with Russia.

Yeah, the origin of our jet engine mostly derived from the western countries like UK/US/France, and ironically it has almost nothing to do with Russia.

And you guys never paid licence to us... :devil:

But so what, the only thing that counts is that chinese guys did it, painfully but also successfully.

By the way, when are you going to buy some Rafale from us to compensate? :woot:

And you guys never paid licence to us... :devil:

But so what, the only thing that counts is that chinese guys did it, painfully but also successfully.

By the way, when are you going to buy some Rafale from us to compensate? :woot:

We have joined the anti-Soviet campaign by 1970s, for the effort we made, so meanwhile we received the technogy bonus from the West.

France is a relatively neutral western country, unlike UK who follows US too close. Today we still have a lot military exchange with France.

Even Russians themselves have the origin of their jet engine from the West, yet i don't see that they are paying the tribute to them as China has done to the West.

Our knowledge of the aircraft carrier also mostly came from France.

More details please?

More specifically from both France and UK, since most of our pro-aircraft carrier navy generals have spent their time to study in these two countries during the 1980s, where most of their knowledge about aircraft carrier came from.

And you guys never paid licence to us...

By the way, when are you going to buy some Rafale from us to compensate?

Isn't America still coercing EURO countries to embargo China from buying anything that's military related? I think Wen last trip to Europe he did call for the end of the embargo.

Isn't America still coercing EURO countries to embargo China from buying anything that's military related? I think Wen last trip to Europe he did call for the end of the embargo.

In the 1970s, when China and US have forged an alliance against USSR, we did receive the technology bonus from the West during that period.

china never had ACC, its experience is ZILCH in this field..

ontopic : I have provided links to support ws-10 being a rip off.. now lets not delude yourselves anymore..

Reuters new seems to have an urgent need to be updated. In any case, I never refer to this new agency for any technical information.

While this kind of news suggest that whatever you want is a rip-off, all recent photos show exactly the opposite.

For me, I trust what I see, not what I read from non-professional websites which are, in most of the cases, there to create sensational information or copy/paste what the journalists read from other non-professional websites, themselve copy/paste from other non-professional websites, and the cycle goes ahead and ahead...

If we admit that Chinese guys are expert in copy/paste, we do also admit that this pheonomena exists also in all website/media, even in my country. By the same thinking, we should admit that Indian friends have more expertise in Buy strategy than their neighbours, French guys are all eating croissante in the morning and Americans 1 liter of bad tasted cofee (Can we still call it cofee???) before going to bed... All is a question of PoV.

But the fact is, an error copied/pasted 1 000 000 times doesn't make it become a fact. That's the truth.

It was never about copying anyway. It have always been about learning from others. This is what you have do to when your have fallen behind so much, economically and technological, because you just came out of western occupation and civil wars. China and its people, with their great perseverance, had worked diligently to get to where they are today. So what that it doesn't have the best engine tech in the world today. This is merely another small bump on one of many many road of developments for China. Nothing that China can't overcome.

When did this happen? Last I heard they were planning to raise six sqdrns.

You mean "reduced" to six squadrons? Until it actually happens, I suggest you let it rest. India is very punctual when it comes to meeting delays. Everyone knows that.

Ohh may be in your land, CPC filters out success stories of adversaries.

Adversary? India? You are much misguided by your Yindi media. Worry not, China never viewed India as an adversary.
Catching up with America proved us more challenging :lol:

You mean "reduced" to six squadrons? Until it actually happens, I suggest you let it rest. India is very punctual when it comes to meeting delays. Everyone knows that.

How would you know chinese development programs never face any delay ?? when your government never announce anything official?

you trying to make engine from last three decades but still have to bought Russian engine for tiny aircraft like FC1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom