What's new

INS Arihant : Updates & Discussion

Lol, if those fishermen did not report No. 361 submarine, China would still be scratching their heads
about what went wrong, even after all these years!

And that would be a DECADE of head-scratching then. Not much would be left to scratch........

ohh so this is the one in which they performed all the offshore tests:lol:

Yes , that is a working reactor and all the requisite tests were conducted on this reactor .

PS : What is there to laugh about it ?? :undecided:

i was tryn to act smart but apne he swall mein phans gya!!!!!!

what about the thermal scar of the reactor on sea surface?????
:what::what::what::what::what:

Well yaar , we have very scarce information about the ATV project . It is closely wrapped around by IN .

Do you think they will release any such sensitive data ??

sir as u must be kowing that the arihant class uses pressurized water reactor that uses too much heat to create steam.....when this hot water is disposed into sea water a submarine keeps moving ahead it creates a long trail of warm water behind it when u look at it from a satallite with thermal sensors this line would be visible as a light green to orange coloured line, from which the path can be traced till some km back until the water comes at normal temp of its surrounding......it seems as if u had a fight with someone else aur apne toh humhe mardiya.....and yes these are common terms in engineering, doesnt relate any thing to my father......further i would like to tell u behave like an indian and not like a pakistani this is the big diffrence......:pissed::pissed:

the terms are somewhat diffrent bro,but the meaning is same protection of our submarine from chinese satallite constillation above the south china sea and pacific ocean......and yes thank u for putting right words into my thinking 'thermal wake' the right term....:rolleyes1:

LOLL, you are quite a dramebaaz; but that is a factor of young age........

What you are trying to talk about is a thermal signature, which is associated with all heat sources in the water, even with surface ships.
Can it be hidden:No. It can only be minimised.
In any case subs nuke-powered or conventional can be detected by many ways whether Radar, Magnetic, Chemical or Heat Signature. The only way that a Sub can remain hidden is to dive deeper. Nuke Subs are built to dive deeper than most Subs.

bhai i was not tryin to be dramebazz, but the goal for every submarine is to be stealthy as u know, but yes ships too leave heat signature but for a nuclear submarine or any submarine its as deadly as a depth charge, ships if detected can protect itself but submarine is vulnerable to many factors, for nuclear submarine that to a SSN it needs to maintain its presence in international waters if it gets detected its "GAME OVER" and then "DIVE" "DIVE" "DIVE" to death.......:suicide::suicide:

Never mind the smilies and all the dramatic statements..................did you understand what I explained to you?

Any news on trials or whats going on? its too hush hush.. does anybody has any update on the sub or performance during trials//

Any news on trials or whats going on? its too hush hush.. does anybody has any update on the sub or performance during trials//
All trials are complete......
k15 will be tested from Arihant this year......

All trials are complete......
k15 will be tested from Arihant this year......

I doubt that.. u see any platform trials dont get over in 3-6 months.. its a phase wise trial and weapon system engagement and launch comes much afterwards... take a look at LCA.. understand how each sub system is tested and passed before weapon delivery system is checked and then also nt all armaments are checked at one go... u dont expect a K15 launch unless normal torpedoes and other operations are tested and fully verified...

The reactor performance and abilities has to be tuned in a methodological manner and the output usage and stability post going critical is also phase wise.. just like a work schedule..

let us not be fanboys and raise the toast saying everything is done.. i would be rather happy to have a more matured and thoroughly tested system then to just rush and claim we did this and we can do this and that...

@Capt.Popeye : correct me if i am wrong in saying what i said above.. btw can u share some information if u have abt arihant as of now..

Also a quick question.. if u have an option of say longer range K4/K5, limited range K15 or say Nirbhay or say supersonic Brahmos, how do assign numbers or configuration of missile setups .. are roles within submarines also there.. say X sub is our long ranged sub so it carries K4.. Y is having very less noise and is having better speed.. so its a fast reacting sub loaded with say brahmos which has limited range but the subs ability lets u go much deeper into hostile territories.. how all this roles are defined and how armaments will differ for say arihant or follow on subs

I doubt that.. u see any platform trials dont get over in 3-6 months.. its a phase wise trial and weapon system engagement and launch comes much afterwards... take a look at LCA.. understand how each sub system is tested and passed before weapon delivery system is checked and then also nt all armaments are checked at one go... u dont expect a K15 launch unless normal torpedoes and other operations are tested and fully verified...

The reactor performance and abilities has to be tuned in a methodological manner and the output usage and stability post going critical is also phase wise.. just like a work schedule..

let us not be fanboys and raise the toast saying everything is done.. i would be rather happy to have a more matured and thoroughly tested system then to just rush and claim we did this and we can do this and that...

@Capt.Popeye : correct me if i am wrong in saying what i said above.. btw can u share some information if u have abt arihant as of now..

Also a quick question.. if u have an option of say longer range K4/K5, limited range K15 or say Nirbhay or say supersonic Brahmos, how do assign numbers or configuration of missile setups .. are roles within submarines also there.. say X sub is our long ranged sub so it carries K4.. Y is having very less noise and is having better speed.. so its a fast reacting sub loaded with say brahmos which has limited range but the subs ability lets u go much deeper into hostile territories.. how all this roles are defined and how armaments will differ for say arihant or follow on subs

You're correct in the sense that the "Acceptance Trials" have not been completed.
Its just that the Harbor Trials are drawing to a conclusion; however the Sea Trials are still impending.
Apart from that nothing is known about Arihant. Not for nothing it is one of India's most hush-hush projects.

Eagerly waiting for the K-5 missile firing from this boomer :)

Not anytime soon .

First K15 needs to be tested from submarine . Then K4 pontoon and submarine test .

K5 will have to wait .

Back
Top Bottom