What's new

Information required regarding ICTO

haha, yea man .. karachi k interviews bhi hogye.. and karachi guys aren't responding to tell what happened :O :bounce:

hmm :disagree:

Hello eveyrbody.

I am from Khi, we had our interview on 5th. There were 23 guys in total (including 5-6 guys that had come from hyderbad etc). 12 guys cleared the interview, and got the medical letter on the spot.

The interview was quite easy, they were very friendly. There were 5 people in the room in my time. 1 General, 2 Brigs, and (if I remember correctly) 2 were colonels. My interview consisted of 80% of technical questions, and very little about the personal or psychological questions. So, I think if you have even a decent knowledge of your subjects, than you are good to go.

Just know your subject well, and show what ever you have got in your self.

Currently we are going through a very hectic process of medical examination, we all go there on around 8 am and all we do there is wait...wait....wait...., :angel:[

Best of luck to all of those who have there interviews scheduled in coming week.

@ spacepk
Thanks for the update and congrats on your success bro. Hope you guys pass medical soon now :p

Can you please tell:
1- what type of non syllabus questions they asked?
2- were any questions related to general knowledge/current affairs?
3- what kind of academic related questions did they ask, since we studied too many subjects in the BS 4 years course, whice ones to focus on?
4- anything else you noticed in interview?

thanks!

Last edited:
@ spacepk
Thanks for the update and congrats on your success bro. Hope you guys pass medical soon now :p

Can you please tell:
1- what type of non syllabus questions they asked?
2- were any questions related to general knowledge/current affairs?
3- what kind of academic related questions did they ask, since we studied too many subjects in the BS 4 years course, whice ones to focus on?
4- anything else you noticed in interview?

thanks!

1. They asked me the following questions only:
........First the asked me to intorduce my self.
........ what your father do?
........ Why you want to join army?
........ Which sports you play?
The non-syllabus questions would vary alot. It all depends on the initial form that you filled. Just make sure that you are ready to give answers about everything that you had written in the form.
........ They also asked me what my friends think about me (both merits and demerits).

2. They asked very little questions of G.K, dunt worry about G.K at all, just know your subjects well.

3. Since this ICTO entry is for Developers. They would ask you alot of questions about Software Development, SDLC, Database, etc. Few questions that I remembered they asked guys were:

.....Difference b/w functions & procedures
.....In .Net who do you connect to my MSSQL DB.
etc.

4. What I noticed from the overall result of KHI is that they really are looking for experienced Developers, with good academic record and working experience. All the guys from KHI (except me :D) are very good in their respective fields, and all are working in good, reputable organizations.

Although I have to admit that I myself is not a developer, but I know how the stuff works, so I was able to answer their questions.

Medical tests would take some time (around 1 week), which makes us all pissed off. :angry:

Last edited:
wow thats great!!!! n best of luck for the medical tests!!!

one thing regarding the tests... they take hell load of time as candidates fall on the least important category... and the patients first :)

the surgical and medical test would take most of your time... i dont know why they call candidates early in the morning but we only get examined around 1-2 pm

just be patient... and keep one thing in mind if God forbid any of you is declared unfit, dont loose hope, complete the remaining tests and apply for the appeal medical board

if you are declared unfit by the appeal medical board you can never join any of the armed forces throughout your life but on the other hand 70% of the people appealing are declared fit by the board!!!

@spacepk,
woah, thats some interesting and scary info. They're going as far as VS.net :O
lets hope things go well.

@vrSoldiers,
that ban-4-life thing is pretty dangerous :P looks like they've put a risk tag to the appeal medical board. i.e. if you gonna appeal, you gonna take a risk :D

@spacepk,
woah, thats some interesting and scary info. They're going as far as VS.net :O
lets hope things go well.

@vrSoldiers,
that ban-4-life thing is pretty dangerous :P looks like they've put a risk tag to the appeal medical board. i.e. if you gonna appeal, you gonna take a risk :D
c'mmon thats the last chance we are getting to join the army... so why not give it a full shot??

2ndly if someone is declared unfit this means they have something severe, and it will be caught again whenever he will go through a medical test!!!

you're right, am not saying that one shouldn't avail this as the lost resort.

BTW, wat kinda tests are in medical? I know of ECG, xrays, blood test. wat else?

you're right, am not saying that one shouldn't avail this as the lost resort.

BTW, wat kinda tests are in medical? I know of ECG, xrays, blood test. wat else?
do you want the details?? ;) lolz

namely they are ENT, Medical, skin, surgical, eyes and dental.. n just a piece of advice, always wear clean underclothing... rest you will know by experience :)

Hello eveyrbody.

I am from Khi, we had our interview on 5th. There were 23 guys in total (including 5-6 guys that had come from hyderbad etc). 12 guys cleared the interview, and got the medical letter on the spot.

The interview was quite easy, they were very friendly. There were 5 people in the room in my time. 1 General, 2 Brigs, and (if I remember correctly) 2 were colonels. My interview consisted of 80% of technical questions, and very little about the personal or psychological questions. So, I think if you have even a decent knowledge of your subjects, than you are good to go.

Just know your subject well, and show what ever you have got in your self.

Currently we are going through a very hectic process of medical examination, we all go there on around 8 am and all we do there is wait...wait....wait...., :angel:[

Best of luck to all of those who have there interviews scheduled in coming week.

congrats man....
best of luck for ur medical examination............

finally we are called for interview on monday....
plz pray for us..........

the surgical and medical test would take most of your time... i dont know why they call candidates early in the morning but we only get examined around 1-2 pm

just be patient... and keep one thing in mind if God forbid any of you is declared unfit, dont loose hope, complete the remaining tests and apply for the appeal medical board

if you are declared unfit by the appeal medical board you can never join any of the armed forces throughout your life but on the other hand 70% of the people appealing are declared fit by the board!!!

Yes I am actually scared of this medical examination, as I never had any medical examination ever in my life. I am not feeling +ve about this medical thing at all. And yeah, If you appeal against the appeal boared, it would take more time, and since this ICTO entry is on a very quick pace, I dont see very bright chances getting declared fit by the appeal board before the start of the course.

By the way dude, whats up with you? Are you going to PMA this time or not? Did they contact you?

finally we are called for interview on monday....
plz pray for us..........

Good, Best Of luck Mann. May Allah bless all of you...Aameen!

hahaha, i know where that's leading :D , we already went through a semi-thorough medical. :p

Lol, Initial medical was nothing comparing to what you will have to face in final medical! trust me =)

I called Quetta centre today and they said that training for ICTO's will start somewhere in September?? Please confirm this information....I am from Lahore? Anyone got interview call from Lahore??

Back
Top Bottom