What's new

Indus Viper (Pak-Turkey joint military excercise)

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Turkey and Pakistan will conduct a joint military exercise on April 19-30, Turkish Air Forces Command said on its Web site Saturday. The military exercise will be staged at an air base in Sargodha, Pakistan. Five Turkish F-16 jets and 49 Turkish personnel will take part in the exercise, which aims to boost cooperation between the Turkish and Pakistani air forces.
Turkey, Pakistan to conduct military exercise - Turkish Daily News Apr 14, 2008

I've read the article. It's a good thing for both Pakistan and Turkey. The F-16s of the Turkish airforce inventory are mostly advanced versions, so it will revealt exactly how the JF-17s compare with the advanced F-16s. There is one more thing, the pilots of the Turkish airforce are used to the tactics of the Israeli airforce as they had joint exercises in the past. The pakistani pilots can measure their performance with the JF-17 against the performance of the Turkish pilots with their F-16s. Later these data can be used to enhance the design or performance of the JF-17 further.:victory:

Damn!! I wish i was back home, in Sargodha. I might have managed to get a closer look at the exercise with the help of my uncle who is a squadron leader there. Well i don't i would have managed it, but it would have been worth a try.

I've read the article. It's a good thing for both Pakistan and Turkey. The F-16s of the Turkish airforce inventory are mostly advanced versions, so it will revealt exactly how the JF-17s compare with the advanced F-16s. There is one more thing, the pilots of the Turkish airforce are used to the tactics of the Israeli airforce as they had joint exercises in the past. The pakistani pilots can measure their performance with the JF-17 against the performance of the Turkish pilots with their F-16s. Later these data can be used to enhance the design or performance of the JF-17 further.:victory:

Will the JF-17s participate in this exercise, i kinda doubt that. They are still going through the integration phase of avonics and weapons system. Anyhow if they do, it will be a great opportunity for the PAF to evaluate the performance of the JF-17 against the modern F-16s of the turkish airforce.

According to my knowledge Turkey has the license for the manufacturing of F-16’s so can they cooperate with us in developing the most modern F-16s?

According to my knowledge Turkey has the license for the manufacturing of F-16’s so can they cooperate with us in developing the most modern F-16s?

all co-operation is subject to US approval so dont expect any!

all co-operation is subject to US approval so dont expect any!

And that is exactly why sir! F-16 should be the least favourite choice of the PAF which by the way is not the case and instead its the very opposite:disagree:. We do need to talk to the US to allow us to modify the jet as we deem fit.In return we can assure them the all the modification done on the jet will have nothing to do with the chinese.

And that is exactly why sir! F-16 should be the least favourite choice of the PAF which by the way is not the case and instead its the very opposite:disagree:. We do need to talk to the US to allow us to modify the jet as we deem fit.In return we can assure them the all the modification done on the jet will have nothing to do with the chinese.

I dont dis-agree - we just have to take prior permission.

The second case could be that if Turkey has some technical expertise in avionics of F-16s than they can contribute with their technical expertise which has nothing to do with US, so that we can improve JF-17.

Pak-Turkey Air Forces joint exercise begins

Updated at: 1025 PST, Saturday, April 19, 2008
SARGODHA: Pakistan and Turkey Air Forces went into their joint exercises today, which would continue until April 30.

Turk Air Force Command statement issued on the website said that the joint exercises would be held on Satgodha airbase, which has been named Indus Wipers-2008. Turkey’s 49 Air Force men and 5 F-16 planes were taking part in the exercises, which aims at promoting cooperation between the Pakistan and Turkey Air Forces.

Why is that there is no detail any pakistani jets taking part in the exercise?

Why is that there is no detail any pakistani jets taking part in the exercise?

come on ice/c its understood - the PAF CCS operates from sargodha/mushaf AB. currently the CCS is operating Mirages & F-7PGs. i am quite sure the F-16s will also participate in this excercise. after all its called Indus-Vipers.

come on ice/c its understood - the PAF CCS operates from sargodha/mushaf AB. currently the CCS is operating Mirages & F-7PGs. i am quite sure the F-16s will also participate in this excercise. after all its called Indus-Vipers.

It is indeed understood sir. The point that i was trying to make was that no specfic details about the numbers of the F-16 from our side taking part has been mentioned. Also there was another member here who was stating that the JFs will also take part in it, which i kinda doubt, anyways no news about them and how many of them are participating?

It is indeed understood sir. The point that i was trying to make was that no specfic details about the numbers of the F-16 from our side taking part has been mentioned. Also there was another member here who was stating that the JFs will also take part in it, which i kinda doubt, anyways no news about them and how many of them are participating?

Ice,

The JF-17 participation has been mentioned by Farhan Bokhari in his article in Janes Defense Weekly dated 17-Apr-2008.

PAF participation would include No 9 and 11 sqns along with CCS.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom