What's new

Indradhanush 2015

he EFT's used their superior IR sensors and scored kills by putting SU-30 into defense initially,
MKI Also Has Passive IR sensor Much LiKe EFT From the Article Itself "The Su-30’s advanced Infrared Search and Track System (IRST), a passive sensor, which cannot be tracked, proved to be a distinct advantage for the IAF’s pilots in close-combat maneuvering"
We all know that EFT has a superior jamming capability and other electronics also.
MKI Use Israel ELTA’s EL/L-8212/22 Self-Protection Pods are modern, advanced and sophisticated Jamming Pods designed to enhance survivability of fighters and other military aircraft by suppressing multiple threats in dense radar-guided weapon systems environment.
And Other French Avionics
Same As Israelis Use in their F-15

IAF's Su-30MKI was never designed as multi-role combat aircraft (MRCA). Its design and performance parameters were instead optimised for air dominance/air superiority, with standoff all-weather precision strike undertaken from medium altitudes being a secondary capability. It is for this reason that the erstwhile USSR had developed the Su-24 and Su-27IB/Su-34 as all-weather, terrain-hugging deep penetration strike aircraft (DPSA), and the Su-25 as a dedicated tactical strike/close air support aircraft. Consequently, neither the Su-30MKI’s and the MiG-29UPG’s/MiG-29K’s airframes have the stress tolerances that are required for flying terrain-hugging flight profiles. Their existing X-band multi-mode radars or MMR (RLSU-30MK NO-11M ‘Bars’ and the Zhuk-M2E) therefore don’t come with low-altitude terrain avoidance mode or automatic terrain-following capability or weather-mapping mode, and neither are they equipped with low-altitude navigation pods.

That's the reason why the IAF is in dire need of procuring an MMRCA fleet with automatic terrain-following capability - which the Rafale is optimised for - and that's why the IAF was not in favour of dumping the entire MMRCA contract in favour of the MKI's as was our Defence Minister right from the beginning when the original Rafale deal was down.

Kindly provide source for claim.

Indians Busted.......once again.

RAF Challenge Indian Air Force 'Whitewash' Claims

RAF Challenge Indian Air Force 'Whitewash' Claims | Forces TV
So it means again pathetic reporting by Indian media or RAF is hiding something of typhoon weekness.
Anyway interesting war of words. RAF should also clear stance and bring truth , same applies for India.
:pop:
PAF F16s also did same on typhoons. It shows the weak points of typhoon and lack of engagement abilities.

So it means again pathetic reporting by Indian media or RAF is hiding something of typhoon weekness.
Anyway interesting war of words. RAF should also clear stance and bring truth , same applies for India.
:pop:
IAF have not said anything even remotely close to "12-0" or "whitewash" etc

Its brainless reporting, IAF has no official claims

IAF have not said anything even remotely close to "12-0" or "whitewash" etc

I was critical of the reporting myself & I made that point in my post. However what seems to have slipped my attention was who the writer of the piece was. It is Vishnu Som & he is usually as reliable as it comes. It does change my perspective somewhat. While I still don't like the tom-toming, it would be wise to give Vishnu Som's credibility the benefit of the doubt.

I was critical of the reporting myself & I made that point in my post. However what seems to have slipped my attention was who the writer of the piece was. It is Vishnu Som & he is usually as reliable as it comes. It does change my perspective somewhat. While I still don't like the tom-toming, it would be wise to give Vishnu Som's credibility the benefit of the doubt.

Vishnu is not given to shooting his lip, or breaking wind.

Actually indian media has just ruined all export potential for typhoons. it better for RAF to be less diplomatic about this whole episode

62387ce5b0cd3ee20434ca2146034d18.jpg

Back
Top Bottom