What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

First which rifle this women is carrying secondly first your Air Force need to increase its size. Right now your Air Force is not good you need at least 250 latest Fighter Jets not just hardly 70 or 80. Secondly this can be great answer towards enemy moving armor brigades and also stationary infrastructure
correct me if I'm wrong,i believe it to be ss-1 rifle with silencer. concerning the size of our Air Force, it's critical that this small fleet of jets equipped with the best munitions available to ensure combat effectiveness, and contrary to popular believe of real ground war with our enemy, the main threat coming our way currently is a naval confrontation with our neighbours so it's critical that our fighter jets together with our naval components halt or destroy the enemy as far as possible out at sea, this is not possible by using loitering munitions.

army =/= air force... they have different procurement... they seek different things..
yes I understand, but given the relatively small amount of our military budget, I think we should PRORITIZE, loitering munitions are good news if purchased but then you have to think at a broader terms, since our Air Force most of the time rely on unguided munitions which have limited combat effectiveness compared to guided one.

I say we should look further into the opportunity to acquire such advance weapons system like the N-LAWS with WS-43 loitering munition. I think this is more effective than smart bomb and bring more tactical advantage to the table.

Fire-Shadow-Loitering-Munition3-e1476104599268.jpg

For the smart boms, Pindad and BPPT already getting their hand on it trying to produce some working prototype to be tested. No need to choose one over another, we should have both.
i'm quite aware of that, but most of our military programs are going at a slow phase, remember when we said that we are going to launch sattelites using homemade launch vehicle/rocket and there's no update till now

yes I understand, but given the relatively small amount of our military budget, I think we should prioritize our procurement
no.. each unit has their own budget.. each of them should expand their weapon system according to their own budget.. we do not sacrifice the budget of one for another.

ps: if i'm not mistaken the army has the smallest budget of the three..

yes I understand, but given the relatively small amount of our military budget, I think we should PRORITIZE, loitering munitions are good news if purchased

Getting an advance, strategic weapon system should be on top of the priority list. Especially if we can get those on bargain with no string attached.

I can't imagine we could get this kind of weapon from NATO countries. Or could we?

Last edited:
since our Air Force most of the time rely on unguided munitions which have limited combat effectiveness compared to guided one.
i'm not entirely sure where do you get that informations but the Air Force uses the following missiles:

Missile Origin Type Versions Note
Air-to-air missile[60]

AIM-9 Sidewinder USA Short Range IR guided AIM-9P4 & AIM-9X on F-5E/F, F-16A/B and BaE Hawk 53/109/209
AIM-120 AMRAAM USA Medium Range active radar homing guided AIM-120C on F-16C/D / on delivery[61]
R-73 Russia Short Range IR guided on Su-27 and Su-30
R-77 Russia Medium Range active radar homing on Su-27 and Su-30
MAA-1 Piranha Brazil Short Range IR guided on Super Tucano[62]
Air-to-surface missile[60][63]
AGM-65 Maverick USA Tactical missile On BaE Hawk 209 and F-16A/B
Kh-29 Russia Tactical missile On Su-30
Kh-31 Russia Supersonic Anti Ship Missile On Su-30
Kh-59 Russia TV Guided Cruise Missile On Su-30

those are guided

no.. each unit has their own budget.. each of them should expand their weapon system according to their own budget.. we do not sacrifice the budget of one for another.

Getting an advance, strategic weapon system should be on top of the priority list. Especially if we can get that on bargain with no string attached.
totally

you don't get me, I'm not urging a transfer of budget from the army to the AF, but the level of prioritization in our armed forces is somewhat for me ridiculous. The army is about to get their shinny new guided munitions while our air force stuck with unguided "dumb" bombs. given that our current main threat are coming from the sea I think the governing bodies in our KEMHAN should prioritize on equipping our Navy and Air Force first

i'm not entirely sure where do you get that informations but the Air Force uses the following missiles:

Air-to-air missile[60]

AIM-9 Sidewinder USA Short Range IR guided AIM-9P4 & AIM-9X on F-5E/F, F-16A/B and BaE Hawk 53/109/209
AIM-120 AMRAAM USA Medium Range active radar homing guided AIM-120C on F-16C/D / on delivery[61]

those are guided
yes what about the f-16's, sure maverick are guided but its damn old school

Air-to-air missile[60]

those are guided

Also R-27, as shown in Natuna recently

Getting an advance, strategic weapon system should be on top of the priority list. Especially if we can get those on bargain with no string attached.

I can't imagine we get this kind of weapon from NATO countries. Or could we?
years ago it's hard to imagine the army would get their hands on the latest version on the AH-64 apache's. now?

you don't get me, I'm not urging a transfer of budget from the army to the AF, but the level of prioritization in our armed forces is somewhat for me ridiculous. The army is about to get their shinny new guided munitions while our air force stuck with unguided "dumb" bombs. given that our current main threat are coming from the sea I think the governing bodies in our KEMHAN should prioritize on equipping our Navy and Air Force first
and now you're saying that the army must wait to buy a certain technology until the air force did first... again. i would say that is not how it work..

ps: as mention KEMHAN has prioritize navy and air force.. hence why the army has a smaller budget.

and now you're saying that the army must wait to buy a certain technology until the air force did first... again. i would say that is not how it work..
When the opportunity rise, we should embrace it with open mind.
sure, why not.

ps: as mention KEMHAN has prioritize navy and air force.. hence why the army has a smaller budget.
dude it's called sarcasm

All i want to say is that i support the army decision to "take a look" and further examine this weapon system. Sounds like a pretty cool stuff 8-)

Dude this loitering munition, what happen if after rocket launched to target then we cancel it did rocket land and reusable or explode?

Dude this loitering munition, what happen if after rocket launched to target then we cancel it did rocket land and reusable or explode?
Why we cancel it in the first place? When we hit the fire button, we hit to kill. We are not playing games here. But i guess it will just fall off and explode, since this munition bring 20kg warhead with them.

Why we cancel it in the first place? When we hit the fire button, we hit to kill. We are not playing games here. But i guess it will just fall off and explode, since this munition bring 20kg warhead with them.

maybe suddenly there civilian in target radius but who know?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom