What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

@Taygibay

this news is all about on how to enhancing Indonesian research and development in Aeronautica technology, including research in rocket science, UAV development, satellite technology, remote sensing and among other with France institutes as the main partner like Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales/ CNES and Airbus military.....

Thank you very much milady; I will get to it later today but
there is no doubt about the link between France and Indonesia
on security and military matters incl. industrial as for Anoa VAB.*

Best of days to you, Tay.
* Low tech example but it used to be my ride so it's sentimental. :smitten:

Army Battlefield taxi
CklYfAYWkAEHPSq.jpg
STORMER
m113%2B%25281%2529.jpg

M 113
12139587_1533270053641778_1653883415_n.jpg

AMX VCI

I think recoilless rifle is expensive and have less penertration compared to lastest RPG munition
And RPG have different ammo like anti tank, anti personnel and thermobaric
And nlaw and javelin are guided
We have RPG 7 in marine, and army used c90 from spain
both carl gustav and RPG-7 are shoulder-fired recoilless rifle
both are comparable in terms of function, weight and class of weapon
carl gustav does have many type of ammunition like RPG-7
both are relatively cheap and actually does not meant to defeat heavy tanks..they are meant to destroy fortification and lighter vehicle

the differences are:
+Carl gustav is a rifled weapon, the projectile leaves the barrel stabilized by rotational spin..so the projectiles tends to have flatter trajectory and does not influenced by side wind
+meanwhile RPG-7 projectile is stabilized by retractable fin at the back of the rocket..it influenced much more by side wind, so the shooter must be skillful enough to adjust to wind

yes, we do have carl gustav, RPG-7, and C90 in our inventory.. but all of them is in small quantity and doesn't well spread among TNI units
i'd like to see this class of weapon being integrated as a standard in squad level
it will be a tremendous force multiplier to soldier in the field

SSE P6 ATAV (All Terrain Assault Vehicle)
View attachment 342850

so, the Army also intereseted in SSE P6 ATAV? I see "UJI COBA TNI AD" sticker at front of the vehicle.

IMG_20161012_093648-696x392.jpg

Coordinating Maritime Minister Luhut B. Pandjaitan opened the meeting the head of the coast guard in Asia (HACGAM).
Source: Remigius Septian

both carl gustav and RPG-7 are shoulder-fired recoilless rifle
both are comparable in terms of function, weight and class of weapon
carl gustav does have many type of ammunition like RPG-7
both are relatively cheap and actually does not meant to defeat heavy tanks..they are meant to destroy fortification and lighter vehicle

the differences are:
+Carl gustav is a rifled weapon, the projectile leaves the barrel stabilized by rotational spin..so the projectiles tends to have flatter trajectory and does not influenced by side wind
+meanwhile RPG-7 projectile is stabilized by retractable fin at the back of the rocket..it influenced much more by side wind, so the shooter must be skillful enough to adjust to wind

yes, we do have carl gustav, RPG-7, and C90 in our inventory.. but all of them is in small quantity and doesn't well spread among TNI units
i'd like to see this class of weapon being integrated as a standard in squad level
it will be a tremendous force multiplier to soldier in the field

i add more diference
carl gustav are recoiless rifle a rifled bore
and rpg is recoiless launcher because rpg is rocket propeled a different mechanism than carl gustav, and rpg tube are smoothbore

both are recoiless launcher i agree but not recoiless rifle

Last edited:
i add more diference
and rpg is recoiless launcher because rpg is rocket propeled a different mechanism than carl gustav, and rpg tube are smoothbore

Also, aren't recoilless rifles use standard cannon shells instead of rockets?

i agree that TNI lack of fire power in term of light shoulder fired rocket in squad level.
i dont know why pindad is not developing this type of weapons, is it because there are no request from TNI!?

i add more diference

Also, aren't recoilless rifles use standard cannon shells instead of rockets?
i stand corrected
RPG-7 is rocket launcher, which means it has its own propulsion. Once the projectile launched, it accelerates further
whereas, carl gustav is recoilless rifle, it uses modified artillery shells with side facing primer, once launched it doesn't have its own propulsion and behave like normal arty shell..although the more recent ammunition does have built in rocket booster which makes carl gustav a hybrid weapon (recoilles rifle+rocket boosted shell)

i agree that TNI lack of fire power in term of light shoulder fired rocket in squad level.
i dont know why pindad is not developing this type of weapons, is it because there are no request from TNI!?
i think Pindad has the ability to develop shoulder-fired rocket
its just TNI that kinda slow in adopting new warfare tactics

remember, it is only 10 years ago when TNI fielded 40mm Underbarrel Grenade Launcher as standard weapon in squad level
although the technology has been around since vietnam war

another example: Pindad has been offering TNI a Designated Marksmen Rifle for years now, but still no success

i hate to say, but we are lags behind our neighbor in terms of squad firepower
singapore has inducted ultimax LMG, M110 DMR and AT-4 Matador in their squad team
malaysia has minimi and RPG-7
we only have minimi LMG and M203 low velocity grenade launcher

Last edited:
Indonesian Army attend demonstration of WS-43 loitering glide bomb in China

1651667_-_main.jpg

A mock-up of the WS-43 glide bomb system that was demonstrated to the Indonesian Armed Forces on 26 September 2016. Source: Chinese internet sources via www.fyjs.cn
Senior representatives from the Indonesian Army (Tentara Nasional Indonesia - Angkatan Darat, or TNI-AD) were recently in China to witness a live-fire demonstration of the WS-43 rocket-assisted glide bomb, the service announced on 10 October.

The demonstration was attended by the artillery regiment's director of doctrine, education and training, Brigadier General Yudi Satriyono, and the director for management, research and development at the TNI-AD's air defence artillery division, Colonel Ruly Chandrayani.

The WS-43 system has been developed by China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation, and was first unveiled at the Airshow China 2014 exhibition in Zhuhai.

According to information gathered by IHS Jane's from the exhibition, the system can deliver payloads of up to 20 kg, at distances of up to 60 km, and loiter for up to 30 minutes before hitting its target.

The glide bomb relies on a combination of inertial navigation and GPS for mid-flight guidance, and imaging infrared (IIR) for terminal guidance. The weapon can track, and engage both moving and static targets.

Prior to the demonstration which was conducted on 26 September, representatives from China's Aerospace Long-March International Trade (ALIT) were in Cimahi, West Java, to conduct a briefing on loitering munition systems, including the WS-43.

The briefing, which was conducted on 15 August, was jointly conducted with Indonesian defence company PT Global Difens Mandiri.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options ihs.com/contact

To read the full article, Client Login
(243 of 309 words)

http://www.janes.com/article/64551/...ration-of-ws-43-loitering-glide-bomb-in-china

CpfBb4aWYAAabDi.jpg

Indonesian Army attend demonstration of WS-43 loitering glide bomb in China

1651667_-_main.jpg

A mock-up of the WS-43 glide bomb system that was demonstrated to the Indonesian Armed Forces on 26 September 2016. Source: Chinese internet sources via www.fyjs.cn
Senior representatives from the Indonesian Army (Tentara Nasional Indonesia - Angkatan Darat, or TNI-AD) were recently in China to witness a live-fire demonstration of the WS-43 rocket-assisted glide bomb, the service announced on 10 October.

The demonstration was attended by the artillery regiment's director of doctrine, education and training, Brigadier General Yudi Satriyono, and the director for management, research and development at the TNI-AD's air defence artillery division, Colonel Ruly Chandrayani.

The WS-43 system has been developed by China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation, and was first unveiled at the Airshow China 2014 exhibition in Zhuhai.

According to information gathered by IHS Jane's from the exhibition, the system can deliver payloads of up to 20 kg, at distances of up to 60 km, and loiter for up to 30 minutes before hitting its target.

The glide bomb relies on a combination of inertial navigation and GPS for mid-flight guidance, and imaging infrared (IIR) for terminal guidance. The weapon can track, and engage both moving and static targets.

Prior to the demonstration which was conducted on 26 September, representatives from China's Aerospace Long-March International Trade (ALIT) were in Cimahi, West Java, to conduct a briefing on loitering munition systems, including the WS-43.

The briefing, which was conducted on 15 August, was jointly conducted with Indonesian defence company PT Global Difens Mandiri.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options ihs.com/contact

To read the full article, Client Login
(243 of 309 words)

http://www.janes.com/article/64551/...ration-of-ws-43-loitering-glide-bomb-in-china
instead of wasting money on this bomb, we should prioritize on purchasing smart bombs and standoff munitions for our fighter jets. as we could clearly see during Angkasa Yudha exercise. Our Air force is pretty much outdated in terms of munitions such as the use of dumb bombs to drop on the enemy.

CpfBb4aWYAAabDi.jpg

instead of wasting money on this bomb, we should prioritize on purchasing smart bombs and standoff munitions for our fighter jets. as we could clearly see during Angkasa Yudha exercise. Our Air force is pretty much outdated in terms of munitions such as the use of dumb bombs to drop on the enemy.
First which rifle this women is carrying secondly first your Air Force need to increase its size. Right now your Air Force is not good you need at least 250 latest Fighter Jets not just hardly 70 or 80. Secondly this can be great answer towards enemy moving armor brigades and also stationary infrastructure

I say we should look further into the opportunity to acquire such advance weapons system like the N-LAWS with WS-43 loitering munition. I think this is more effective than smart bomb and bring more tactical advantage to the table.

Fire-Shadow-Loitering-Munition3-e1476104599268.jpg

For the smart boms, Pindad and BPPT already getting their hand on it trying to produce some working prototype to be tested. No need to choose one over another, we should get them both.

Last edited:
army =/= air force... they have different procurement... they seek different things..

if you wonder why the army doesn't prioritize on purchasing smart bombs for our jet fighters, then you might wanna ask yourself first whether or not our army have any jet fighters.. or if you wonder why our air force are interested in this weapon system, then you might wanna reread the article....

sometimes i wonder why many indonesian especially politician have this kind of train of thought.. like at a time when our army are planning to buy MBTs, many indonesian commented shouldn't we prioritize on buying warships then mbts...

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom