What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Then we can assume, it's not entirely true that PKR will only be used to replace VS, since they have different number on them. I think we will not retire VS fleets until adequate number of PKR frigate produced. Anyone know how many frigate that Navy want until MEF 3 complete?

Last edited:
a bit OOT
All these posts looks nice.. Guys from Indonesia, I have seen something in BBC where an Indonesian Island still has majority of its population following Hinduism and the old Hindu temple there for pilgrimages.. What is its name, and is it true that the Indonesian govt is granting aids to make pilgrimages there for Hindus..??
I've seen it in a Documentary.. Is that true guys ?

Oh that's Bali. And the tmple name is Prambanan located on different island (Java), for the pilgrimage yes our gov. Had special program for pilgrim but you must registering yourself beforehand at our embassy.
if he's talking about the temple in that island, then i think he is talking about Pura Besakih in mount agung,bali....
@Harisudan: there are other temple scattered around the archipelago. for example: Pura Luhur Poten in bromo..... or the one near mount salak, Pura Jagatkarta... some are more active than the others..
Then we can assume, it's not entirely true that PKR will only be used to replace VS, since they have different number on them. I think we will not retire VS fleets until adequate number of PKR frigate produced. Anyone know how many frigate that Navy want until MEF 3 complete?
20ish if i'm not mistaken

20ish if i'm not mistaken

thanks. in the past we have 3 Khristina Tiyahahu class and 4 Samadikun class. Start with 331 & 341. Now we have Ahmad yani class start with 351, end with 356. If we want to standardise our frigate fleet in the future using PKR and it's derivative, start with 331, end with 356, then we can have around 26 frigate.

World class navy :azn:

Last edited:

Why bother to do MRO for YOS and then the Navy still need Ahmad Yani class at least until 2025.

thanks. in the past we have 3 Khristina Tiyahahu class and 4 Samadikun class. Start with 331 & 341. Now we have Ahmad yani class start with 351, end with 356. If we want to standardise our frigate fleet in the future using PKR and it's derivative, start with 331, end with 356, then we can have around 25 frigate.

Actually we had replace them with Diponegoro class and bung tomo class. But we are still fall short of number of platform to adequately cover our vast area. 20 to 30 frigates is needed to do the jobs. BTW i very much eager to see our Naval fleet teview after PKR is finished

Why bother to do MRO for YOS and then the Navy still need Ahmad Yani class at least until 2025.

I guess navy want to persuit proper number of frigate to safeguard Indonesia. Todays number are not very encouraging. Until we produce large enough number of PKR frigate, we will keep VS floating properly.

Actually we had replace them with Diponegoro class and bung tomo class. But we are still fall short of number of platform to adequately cover our vast area. 20 to 30 frigates is needed to do the jobs. BTW i very much eager to see our Naval fleet teview after PKR is finished

really? but that's not 'true' frigate, they are corvette, and they have different number designation on them.

Yah, and dont forget to edit the list in Wiki as well...

I have done my part at a particular page on Wiki

Mungkin karena byk "lekukan"-nya, masbro.. :)

I better call them "it if single or they if plural".......:D

Last edited:
thanks. in the past we have 3 Khristina Tiyahahu class and 4 Samadikun class. Start with 331 & 341. Now we have Ahmad yani class start with 351, end with 356. If we want to standardise our frigate fleet in the future using PKR and it's derivative, start with 331, end with 356, then we can have around 26 frigate.

imho the indication of whether or not we can judge our navy that way is not just the number of ships they have.. a lot of homework must be finished first. the indonesian coast guard is one of the example. when they can took over what now is the navy's job, i think then we can have a world class navy ...

ps: remember few months ago there was a news concerning national ship design and engineering center and something about the 150m fregate(or was it destroyer?) design... any news about that?? (the last one i read somewhere was about their standardize fishing ships design.)

I guess navy want to persuit proper number of frigate to safeguard Indonesia. Todays number are not very encouraging. Until we produce large enough number of PKR frigate, we will keep VS floating properly.

really? but that's not 'true' frigate, they are corvette, and they have different number designation on them.
Still the navy doesnt look 5his way. Diponegoro and Bung Tomo class offered significant upgrading capability over the previous class of ships. About the next steps of modernization, it seems the Navy want to built quality over quantity. They looking for more platforms like submarine, frigate, opv, lst, kcr 60 patrol aircraft and naval

Still the navy doesnt look 5his way. Diponegoro and Bung Tomo class offered significant upgrading capability over the previous class of ships. About the next steps of modernization, it seems the Navy want to built quality over quantity. They looking for more platforms like submarine, frigate, opv, lst, kcr 60 patrol aircraft and naval

But isn't that why we still doing MRO on VS class and keep them floating until the end of MEF 3? Because navy think that they still don't have enough frigate? so they will not retire them until proper number is achieved... since 6 is barely adequate..

More sub, frig, opv, lst, kcr, and patrol aircraft is welcomed offcourse

Last edited:
PKR 1, PKR 2 and SSV in one frame
pkr2.jpg

Around 800 Indonesians join ISIS and 54 confirmed death (Indonesian Coordinator Minister said)

Menko Polhukam: 800 WNI Bergabung dengan ISIS - Kompas.com

On the other hands I believe there are many Indonesians joined FSA group, so there will be Indonesian versus Indonesian there...

According to me, the number of Indonesians joining FSA (most of them very likely join Islamist group) will be likely much much bigger through Salafis movement in Indonesia that has linked to Saudi dan Egyptian Salafist, since they are a legal institution and has many members. These people (Salafist) are Anti-ISIS and put ISIS as khawarij group (outsider from the real Ummah-negative term in Islamic history)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom