What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Indonesian Air Force Plans to Replace US F-5 Tiger Jets With Russian Su-35S
17:14 05.02.2015

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Indonesian Air Force plans to buy more sophisticated fighter jets to replace its aging US-made Northrop F-5 Tiger II fleet, and is considering Russian Sukhoi Su-35 (Flanker-E) jets, Indonesian Air Force chief Agus Supriatna said.

"We hope the government fulfills our wish to purchase Sukhoi SU-35s. All can place orders, but we, as the operators, want jets over generation 4 to be ordered," Supriatna said, as quoted by the Antara News agency Wednesday.
One of the reasons to buy the Su-35S is that Russian jets are much easier to maintain than US fighter jets, Supriatna stated.
In January, Russian Ambassador to Indonesia Mikhail Galuzin said that Moscow wanted to maintain military cooperation between the two counties and hopes that the agreement to supply Sukhoi jets to Indonesia would be signed.
The Su-35 is a single-seat fighter jet, an upgraded modification of the Su-27. China is currently planning to buy 24 Russian-produced Su-35 jets.

Indonesian Air Force Plans to Replace US F-5 Tiger Jets With Russian Su-35S / Sputnik International

Is it really Su 35 S ? Which is the latest version and used by Russian Airforce...........

But what kind of tot can we gain from russia considering our poor ability in millitary technology, aesa radar?? I doubt it, probably airframe but hopely missile.

Missile is a good one, and after doing R&D with South Korea in KFX/IFX program, I believe our ability to absorb advance technology is going up quickly since then. For radar, our technology is not too poor, we can develop passive radar for ship and has been installed already for our frigate, and our cooperation with Iran in making passive radar is underway currently, so AESA technology is not unreachable in my opinion.

For the su 35,

If indeed we buy, I dont think it will be a full skuadron. maybe 6-8 unit. we never in history buy brand new MRF 1 full skuadron ( more than 16 )

For the su 35,

If indeed we buy, I dont think it will be a full skuadron. maybe 6-8 unit. we never buy brand new MRF 1 full skuadron.

they will, and in the past we had doing this several times

1. Mig 19 UTI (40 unit)
2. Mig-21 (21 unit)
3. Saber Avron
3. A-4 Skyhawk (32 units)
4. F-5 Tiger (12 units)
5. F-16 (12 units)
6. Su-27 SK though cancelled because crisis 98 (we ordered 24 unit of them)

7. F-16 25ID (24+6)

Is t
they will, and in the past we had doing this several times

1. Mig 19 UTI (40 unit)
2. Mig-21 (21 unit)
3. Saber Avron
3. A-4 Skyhawk (32 units)
4. F-5 Tiger (12 units)
5. F-16 (12 units)
6. Su-27 SK though cancelled because crisis 98 (we ordered 24 unit of them)

7. F-16 25ID (24+6)[/QUOTE actualy how much su 35 that we need?? In my oppinion, indonesia need 60-80 to fullfiled MEF, and comprehensive surface to air missile.

At best we will had three squadron of Heavy fighter, around six squadron of Multi role fighter and supported by three Ground attack/Maritime strike fighter.

Indonesian Air Force Plans to Replace US F-5 Tiger Jets With Russian Su-35S
17:14 05.02.2015

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Indonesian Air Force plans to buy more sophisticated fighter jets to replace its aging US-made Northrop F-5 Tiger II fleet, and is considering Russian Sukhoi Su-35 (Flanker-E) jets, Indonesian Air Force chief Agus Supriatna said.

"We hope the government fulfills our wish to purchase Sukhoi SU-35s. All can place orders, but we, as the operators, want jets over generation 4 to be ordered," Supriatna said, as quoted by the Antara News agency Wednesday.
One of the reasons to buy the Su-35S is that Russian jets are much easier to maintain than US fighter jets, Supriatna stated.
In January, Russian Ambassador to Indonesia Mikhail Galuzin said that Moscow wanted to maintain military cooperation between the two counties and hopes that the agreement to supply Sukhoi jets to Indonesia would be signed.
The Su-35 is a single-seat fighter jet, an upgraded modification of the Su-27. China is currently planning to buy 24 Russian-produced Su-35 jets.

Berharap tidak ada bantingan dari ken... :D

Indonesian Police task force operator
Tactical harry potter !!!! :super:
10987314_631381580341683_3164847386406165575_n.jpg

French Foreign Minister and employers will Visit Indonesia

Friday, February 6th, 2015 16:37 pm | 3,276 Views
Announcers: Michael True Adiputra Siahaan

Jakarta (ANTARA News) - Minister of Foreign Affairs and the French Development Laurent Fabius along with dozens of businessmen will visit Indonesia on an official visit and signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU).

"The visit was held at the invitation of Foreign Minister Indonesai Retno Marsudi and held on 10-11 February 2015," the press release of the French Embassy to Indonesia received Between here on Friday.

In Indonesia, Foreign Minister Fabius will do the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) in bilateral energy, education and defense at the Coordinating Ministry for maritime and Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Moreover, Fabius will perform the opening of new building of the French Embassy, which also includes the building of cultural cooperation, linguistic and colleges Institut Francais d'Indonesie (IFI).

French Embassy in Indonesia said the inauguration will be attended by the Governor of DKI Jakara Basuki Purnama Tjahaja This reflects the importance of Indonesia to France.

The arrival of Laurent Fabius will also discuss the issue of climate change in preparation for the Summit (Summit) Climate Paris in 2015 and economic diplomacy.

Associated with climate change, the French Foreign Minister will deliver a speech at the IFI as a form of campaign beginning of the 2015 Climate Summit in Indonesia. They will also be held the signing of the MoU between Pertamina and the French company Akuo Energy.

While in the field of economics, the French will hold a working meeting between the French business community in Indonesia and the entourage of Paris.

After that will be held the inauguration of cooperation between several agencies Indonesian tourism and the French Embassy, which was attended by Laurent Fabius.

Former French prime minister 1984-1986 period is to deepen the strategic partnership between Indonesia and France are already signed in July 2011.

The French foreign minister's visit lasted less than a month after the arrival of the French Finance Minister, Michel Sapin.
Editor: Suryanto
COPYRIGHT © BETWEEN 2015

Between News.com (ANTARA News : Portal Berita Indonesia

Menlu dan pengusaha Prancis akan sambangi Indonesia - ANTARA News

I

Itu dia, dah ngidam2 sukro, eh yg dateng palkon lg......hadeeehhhh
hahaha.. klo ane apapun pespurnya gpp yg penting gen4++ baru :lol:

Do you like puppies?

K9-Kopassus
Photo Credit: yudoprab
kopassusk9.jpg

Anoa Rising ?

Marhalim Abas
February 7, 2015

SHAH ALAM: IN my report on the IndoDefence 2014 in November, I mentioned that “according to a report by Jakarta Post, PT Pindad officials claimed that Malaysia had bought 32 Anoa APCs from them.

The Post story stated that deal was on hold due to Malaysia’s insistence that part of the procurement be paid partly through a barter trade involving Proton made cars.

Late last year, an industry source told me that an LOI to procure the Anoas had indeed been issued to Pindad several years ago. But even this source was unable to say when the deal will be finalised.

Today (Feb 7, 2015), that mystery is answered, sort off following the visit of Indonesian President Joko Widodo. As reported by The Star newspaper:

“Proton Holdings Bhd has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to develop and manufacture an Indonesian national car.

The MoU was signed between Proton and its Indonesian partner, PT Adiperkasa Citra Lestari, at a ceremony at the Proton Centre of Exellence here yesterday

The signing of the MoU was witnessed by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, Proton chairman Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad and Indonesian President Joko Widodo.” The full story here

I know I am assuming too much here but it pretty looked like “National Interest” card is being played out. And as usual it is the Malaysian Armed Forces that will have to carry the burden.

If the statement made by the Pindad officials as reported by Jakarta Post is true, the MOU signing with Proton yesterday probably will lead the way to the final contract.

In the 90s, a similar deal involving Proton was inked with Indonesia (Proton cars for SME Aerotiga trainer aircraft) though it did not translate into any meaningful business relationship between both countries. Indeed the export version of the Aerotiga aircraft ended up with the RMAF instead with only a small number of Proton cars actually exported to indonesia.

Apart from the Anoas, it is also likely that if we choose to fund MPAs in RMK11, we will be ordering CN235s from Indonesian Aerospace, formerly known as IPTN. The siX 235s already in service with RMAF were also manufactured by IAE.

Anoa Rising ? | Malaysian Defence

Is this mean that malaysia have to build automotive industries base on proton but with indonesian badge?? Or is it exporting it straight from malaysia.....how many anoa we are talking here....

Indonesian Police task force operator
Tactical harry potter !!!! :super:
View attachment 190838
:lol:

I

Itu dia, dah ngidam2 sukro, eh yg dateng palkon lg......hadeeehhhh

:rofl:bener bener apess dehh.. i cant imagine, how desperate ForMil member if our Gov chooses F16 :lol:

I think that would be chosen by the government later is F16 or Grippen because maybe in MEF 2 we also will buy AEW C using CN 295 or Saab platform. Thats mean, we will buy stuff from NATO again, Not Russian fighter.

Btw my choice is EF Typhoon.

Last edited:
Is this mean that malaysia have to build automotive industries base on proton but with indonesian badge?? Or is it exporting it straight from malaysia.....how many anoa we are talking here....

Don't know about the detail, but for the number of Anoa, it will be large as they intended to be replacement for their Condor APC (and if i recall for the initial contract they will order around 30 units)

:lol:

:rofl:bener bener apess dehh.. i cant imagine, how desperate ForMil member if our Gov chooses F16 :lol:

I think that would be chosen by the government later is F16 or Grippen because maybe in MEF 2 we also will buy AEW C using CN 295 or Saab platform. Thats mean, we will buy stuff from NATO again, Not Russian fighter.

Btw my choice is EF Typhoon.

if typhoon it better be the one with captor E aesa radar if not, gripen ng is far better choice

if typhoon it better be the one with captor E aesa radar if not, gripen ng is far better choice

I chose EF typhoon because one of its shareholders is EADS . EADS itself has been cooperate with PT DI and made a lot of planes and helicopters like CN 235 and CN 295, and we have been able to make self-improvement technology with the N250 and N219 later . I think EF Typhoon can help complete the project IFX if korean is not able to finish them..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom