What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

It is going to be the 3rd Tarakan Class right? or 4th?
yep, second built by pt batamec.
it would be number fourth, including the other "mangkrak one":alcoholic:
It would be the third Tarakan-class, the "mangkrak" one belong to a different ship class as she's a bit smaller at 95m compared to Tarakan class at 122m and lack helicopter support (no helipad).

Lol, "neutral" Switzerland doesnt bought Flanker and CH4 UAV along with hundreds Russian Made Armor like Indonesian

Not to mention that Switzerland doesn't have a "Prime Minister" (as the person who wield the actual power in our domestic politics) who's practically in bed with the Chinese and their 'development' projects, and who has been pretty much ambiguous in our stance in regards to our relations with the US and China so far.

So yeah, if I were the US then I won't trust us either to wield a practically brand new 5th gen technology at this point of time with potential flashpoint in the SCS looming in the horizon.

Damn, so their requirement for us to operate 4.5 gen fighters is complete bs then?

The Swiss air force has the F-5E and F-18C as their main go-to fighters, both of which are nowhere near 4.5 gen.

I guess they don't trust us enough lol
The fact that the US offered it instead of waiting for Swiss to propose like Indonesia, it's quite hurts man.

============

126245068_3178735235568131_7198361749190171017_o.jpg

we should equip our tank crews with proper flame resistant pixie suit.
here's Malaysia's
124286830_4030286847000200_1061469708316006169_o.jpg

Last edited:
because switz have mature politics and backed with well educated civil society, another example is singapore

Damn, so their requirement for us to operate 4.5 gen fighters is complete bs then?

The Swiss air force has the F-5E and F-18C as their main go-to fighters, both of which are nowhere near 4.5 gen.

I guess they don't trust us enough lol

Well, some US fan boys in here said that we need to operate 4.5 gen fighter because it's a technological learning curve as we won't understand how to operate F-35 without it. So I guess all Swiss Air Force personnel must be summa cum laude MIT graduates.

That PM recent visit to the U.S. was probably just a desperate attempt to clear his image. I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. actually asked Prabowo during his visit "while you're here with us why TF your PM went to china?".

Our position was clear before and even clearer now. We're not trusted. Like I said before just focus on F-16 EDA procurement, while for the brand new aircraft we go for European made jets. I made this point before that some major European countries in fact skip 5th gen and go directly from 4.5 gen to 6th gen. We just follow that path.

Don't tell me that we need to operate 5th gen as a technological learning curve to operate 6th gen. Even if all TNI-AU personnel are summa cum laude Teknik Penerbangan ITB graduates you'd still say they won't cut it.

Last edited:
Well, some US fan boys in here said that we need to operate 4.5 gen fighter because it's a technological learning curve as we won't understand how to operate F-35 without it. So I guess all Swiss Air Force personnel must be summa cum laude MIT graduates.

That PM recent visit to the U.S. was probably just a desperate attempt to clear his image. I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. actually asked Prabowo during his visit "while you're here with us why TF your PM, the guy who's more powerful and has more influence than the president, went to china?".

Our position was clear before and even clearer now. We're not trusted. Like I said before just focus on F-16 EDA procurement, while for the brand new aircraft we go for European made jets. I made this point before that some major European countries in fact skip 5th gen and go directly from 4.5 gen to 6th gen. We just follow that path.

Don't tell me that we need to operate 5th gen as a technological learning curve to operate 6th gen. Even if all TNI-AU personnel are summa cum laude Teknik Penerbangan ITB graduates you'd still say they won't cut it.
Be very careful with your political nuances statement there . Wether LBP has bigger influences or not it still has to be seen and proven and JKW was still our legally our superior chief of Armed forces .

And this is a defence related forum not a political one . Keep the political side of things to the politicians .

And i was one of those so called promote the " learning curves neccesity " mantras . If you just knowed on how much missguided and ill informed personel can cause damages and havocs to our sophisticated equipments you will believed in it too ...

:drag:

Last edited:
because switz have mature politics and backed with well educated civil society, another example is singapore

The same example is Sweden and Finland, they are not nominally US allies but they are quite capable and mature enough as "partner".

That PM recent visit to the U.S. was probably just a desperate attempt to clear his image. I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. actually asked Prabowo during his visit "while you're here with us why TF your PM, the guy who's more powerful and has more influence than the president, went to china?".

our politicians need to get rid some mindset which says we were pretty girl contested by 2 stud, those behaviour need to be ended, everyone needs comitment

Back
Top Bottom