What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Let just said to soft , mellowwed , lazy and lack of social empathy for the recent generation was starting to make a concerns and cautions
Many youngsters are smart though. And they are lived in a really good time, which they can get informations easily. They are more exposed with the world too, which make them really early to know about many view and get used with different perspectives.
I think the millenials and the Gen Zs will do their part of history good. I really optimistic with it.

It's far beyond our human resources capacity (qualitative). To reach the capability of operating anything with nuclear propulsion we need strong industrial base first. Think of Japan as an excellent example. And to have the necessary industrial base we need human resources, which mean we need to radically shifting our certain faith based education into STEM based education

Li-ion has better energy density overall compare to any AIP. And NO the Li-ion cell make up for the Sōryū-class submarines isn't the same as the Li-ion we use in our gadgets. Albeit IIRC they were build using 18650 cell

An overly optimistic estimate there

Maybe in the next 30 - 50 years we will eventually able to do so.

And HOW would one SAFELY NAVIGATE 2000+ tonne sub in 100' - 150' deep water with plenty of fisherman nets hmmm...????
FYI I aways bring blunt tip diving knife every time I went under the wave. And it wasn't for cutting / chopping fishes either.

Be patience. The Baby Boomer generation will eventually retire and will be replace by Gen-X that is currently already entering policy making position. I don't have any hope for both Millennial & Gen Zombie though.

So...>2000ton sub will get stuck inside net.
<2000ton sub will never get stuck?

why would sub goes to area where a lot of fishermen? No intel report about area that should be avoid by sub?

Off course a sub can get stuck by fishermen net but how big the chance this would happen compare to sub operational around the country?

Imho, either 2000ton sub or 1400ton sub under the sea 100-200m, you can get stuck by net.

why would sub goes to area where a lot of fishermen? No intel report about area that should be avoid by sub?

Off course a sub can get stuck by fishermen net but how big the chance this would happen compare to sub operational around the country?

Imho, either 2000ton sub or 1400ton sub under the sea 100-200m, you can get stuck by net.
To be honest in my humble opinion we do should operate 2 different class of sub ..
212 class of tonnage and ocean going class one .
And f##k no to midget class wasting away money and time without a meaningfull capabilities ..

Many youngsters are smart though. And they are lived in a really good time, which they can get informations easily. They are more exposed with the world too, which make them really early to know about many view and get used with different perspectives.
I think the millenials and the Gen Zs will do their part of history good. I really optimistic with it.

What is your parameter for "smart"?! Does having the latest gadget on their hand albeit doesn't have the slightest clue how to use them is "smart"?! or having over $2000 worth of computer that only being use for browsing the web & running pirated Microsoft Office is smart?! The list goes on

What information you were referring? Does typing in search query in Google deus ex machina count?
Does trusting whatever pop up in their social medias without the slightest effort of due diligence count as such?

Exposed to what world?! Virtual game world maybe?!

I'm a Gen-X and so far I've been in many part of the world with the exception of Africa & Australia. And all those with personal private funding since I was at grade school. And I've also has use the internet since the days of BBS (assuming you even know what that is without even Oogling it). And yet even today I still have ground source in many part of the world (mostly high heels on marble floor) to feed with on the ground information for my own interest.

Whose perspective?! The mainstream media perspective, or "Bandwagon" perspective?! Have you ever heard "Critical Thinking"?!

Do you have any idea the difference in tonnage effect steering?! There is something call "Inertia" It's part of Newton 1st law of motion. And I believe it was thought in Junior High School / SMP (well at least during my time)

Intel report on fishermen activities in Indonesia water? What next, something involve in using AIS or radar maybe?! Thankfully I had put aside my hot chocolate a side otherwise it would spill on my laptop due to my laughter alone of reading such notion.

You might wanna go out to open sea. Any sea within Indonesia territorial waters would be fine. And see it yourself.

And f##k no to midget class wasting away money and time without a meaningfull capabilities ..

LOL highly agree. Those midget are useless. A SSK is basically already a glorified mobile mine launcher. A true Hunter-Killer sub should either be nuclear or at least Li-ion like the latest batch of Sōryū-class (AIP doesn't have the energy density). Adding smaller (midget) for doing the same role is just no brainer.

What is your parameter for "smart"?! Does having the latest gadget on their hand albeit doesn't have the slightest clue how to use them is "smart"?! or having over $2000 worth of computer that only being use for browsing the web & running pirated Microsoft Office is smart?! The list goes on

What information you were referring? Does typing in search query in Google deus ex machina count?
Does trusting whatever pop up in their social medias without the slightest effort of due diligence count as such?

I'm a Gen-X and so far I've been in many part of the world with the exception of Africa & Australia. And all those with personal private funding since I was at grade school. And I've also has use the internet since the days of BBS (assuming you even know what that is without even Oogling it). And yet even today I still have ground source in many part of the world (mostly high heels on marble floor) to feed with on the ground information for my own interest.

Whose perspective?! The mainstream media perspective, or "Bandwagon" perspective?! Have you ever heard "Critical Thinking"?!

Do you have any idea the difference in tonnage effect steering?! There is something call "Inertia" It's part of Newton 1st law of motion. And I believe it was thought in Junior High School / SMP (well at least during my time)

Intel report on fishermen activities in Indonesia water? What next, something involve in using AIS or radar maybe?! Thankfully I had put aside my hot chocolate a side otherwise it would spill on my laptop due to my laughter alone of reading such notion.

You might wanna go out to open sea. Any sea within Indonesia territorial waters would be fine. And see it yourself.
With the current technology they can get information easily, compared to lets say your generation and mine, when I can only learn stuff from few books i had, they can ask google to help their study or searching stuff, when you learn something from the internet one thing could lead to another and you can learn many thing, ex from reading wikipedia article about x you can also learn y and z, if you are reading a book and there is something that you don't understand and unknow terms then that's it, because a book doesn't have link. And they are getting exposed to technology such as computer and smartphone at a very young age and they will gain useful knowledge and experience to be used later on, they will do better than older generation that is gaptek, at least using ms word, excel, ppt is nothing new for them.

Though because of the technology their alayness and cancerous habit on the net is also stellar, I mean we all also have done some stupid and retarded stuff when still a kids and during ababil phase but at least we kept it up for our self and maybe our bross only, not flexing it to the whole world to see.
Though not only the zoomer that partake in this cringe stuff, doomer, gen x, and even boomer (not many tho) went all out in tik tok.

Always feels uncomfortable when scrolling through YCYL thread.

Last edited:

Relax, chill out. No need to brag about stay behind laptop on sat nite.
I know it's painful to work while others having fun. I have passed that. Or is it online game?

If you don't believe about fishermen activities data collected by navy, that's fine.

To be honest in my humble opinion we do should operate 2 different class of sub ..
212 class of tonnage and ocean going class one .
Yes, 2 different class of sub is the best option imho and yes too, no midget subs, especially that don't have internal torpedo launchers.

Woww... Do I really have to answers all of your questions ?

Please chill. As a Millennial myself I find your assertions insulting.

Almost all of the things you accuse us of is not something most millennials are like, nor are they characteristics we have sole monopoly over. Spoiled rich kids have always been a thing, and lack of critical thinking is a vice of every generation, since I'm pretty goddamn sure that most of the hoaxes we see aren't made and spread by millennials only.

I get it, you're self made. Independent and proud about it. So are many millennials!

Only hear this: I'm not going to claim millennials are brilliant, smart, and world-changing because Mark Zuckerburg is a Millennial! Why? Because I know better. Because I'm not an asshole. Because I have better things to do than puff myself up online.

Act your age. Be mature.

How does complaining about the behavior of millennials and gen z correlate to defense exactly?
I am Z, matter of defence likely some of Z just join military academy wait for a yeras they will became new officer. My juniors that in akmil now sermatar

Ok for gen Z civvy, about deffence matter is varied. It's all about their edu backgorund also other parameter like what they are reading. Gen Z, because usually the oldest (born in 2000-2005) is not yet graduated from higher education.

But maybe because their lack experience in defence (yes how the gen z that mostly is student) understand defence matter clearly while they only can read and talk in forum about it while the older generation (from X to Millenial) maybe have working in some sector like industry, mining-energy, or defence etc they have experince also they have "connection" to know abt defence and etc. So, this older generation still knowing more abt defence

How about Z? They still student. They still didnt have military or defence connection (in case civvy also the civvy whi didnt have relation with military man), older one from boomer to X already have relation either with military officer to sales representative. While the Z? They only know it from other source maybe yes the older geneartion.

Just wait Z to developed. Usually Z more interest in politic stuff. Just wait, maybe we can see Z is like "terombang ambing" still many "fensboi stronkis" or bravo2 etc. They didnt developed yet. Just wait for their time.

(Many said Z is lazy, oke maybe our thinking in miliatry easy : automatisation....)

current technology they can get information easily,
Also get easily distorted. If from book next is find anither book that reliable. While the Z matbe they use book (i use w book) but if it hard to understand easy just gugling but dont know areit is trie or not. Yes maybe very diffrence era when X during collage with Z one. Just searching in YT/google : solution of book mechanical engineering page 132 and BOOOM you have ton solution of the problem

Back
Top Bottom