What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

I still believe the US gov official source than this news in Reuters who just said 500 million deal from unknown US official. But it can be that the contract will be done in steps with overall purchase will be in near 2 billion USD, including hundreds of hellfire missiles.

Personally, I'm glad Prabowo decided to negotiate Life Sustainment into the contract. This should be the standard from now on. You always see Slavaboos in other forums parroting off saying how operating Mi-26's is the more 'economical' option, but they'd quickly shut their mouths when you ask them about life sustainment because Russia never wants to include them up front. It's how they make their money, trap you in a deep maintenance sink hole.
Those slavaboos are going to cry Hard, Su-35 deal is in limbo and even no banks are going to facillitate BT-3F and follow up orders on BMP-3F, rumour as it is, there's talk on swaping this contract with FMS on LVTP-7

I still believe the US gov official source than this news in Reuters who just said 500 million deal from unknown US official. But it can be that the contract will be done in steps with overall purchase will be in near 2 billion USD, including hundreds of hellfire missiles.
It would likely be lower than $1.68B for the original batch since we wouldn't need to pay for more infrastructure to be built. Similar to how the original Dutch deal for CH-47D's was a lot more than the current $308M deal for 12 CH-47F's.

Those slavaboos are going to cry Hard, Su-35 deal is in limbo and even no banks are going to facillitate BT-3F and follow up orders on BMP-3F, rumour as it is, there's talk on swaping this contract with FMS on LVTP-7
Oh it will, you guys also realize that operating the Ospreys and the 2nd batch of Apaches means we'd have to retire the Hinds and the Hips as well right? They would just eat up the budget for the incoming airframes.

It would likely be lower than $1.68B for the original batch since we wouldn't need to pay for more infrastructure to be built. Similar to how the original Dutch deal for CH-47D's was a lot more than the current $308M deal for 12 CH-47F's.

Oh it will, you guys also realize that operating the Ospreys and the 2nd batch of Apaches means we'd have to retire the Hinds and the Hips as well right? They would just eat up the budget for the incoming airframes.
There will be lots of slavaboos crybabies in local military forums when all of these made official

At least Army not shy away from procuring US arms through open source like this one. They had done before with Javelin and Apache acquisition

The problem is Navy seem not familiar enough with US arms...
They are frenchie lover maybe
you guys also should see , that $2 billion price tag is like what australia does with their defense procurement , it includes full package supporting equipment and also training ,logistic ,maintenance and technical service support for the chopper , that $2 billion is normal for such contract .
Full package with engine etc also the GUN !:guns:

KFX project
Some said the people in top doubt about korean capability or also we want see are korean really will share the tech that promised so we "kelupaan bayar" as a strategy

About kfx is very mang wild speculation though

Look in the brightside guys, having 8 MV-22's with all relevant support infrastructure built on the get go means that the MV-22 would likely become the standard heavy lift across the entire service. If the Air Force wants to get the Chinook they would have to pay for a contract within a similar ballpark of the MV-22 deal, because that means they'd have to pay for a completely new support infrastructure to be built as well instead of piggy-backing off the Army.

Look in the brightside guys, having 8 MV-22's with all relevant support infrastructure built on the get go means that the MV-22 would likely become the standard heavy lift across the entire service. If the Air Force wants to get the Chinook they would have to pay for a contract within a similar ballpark of the MV-22 deal, because that means they'd have to pay for a completely new support infrastructure to be built as well instead of piggy-backing off the Army.

More likely it Will be the Navy who Will piggyback the army in near future for their heavy lift Rotorcraft transport infrastructure. No Marines and Sailor in the world would dare to say no to Osprey afterall, they would love it especially the Spec ops units.

Some said the people in top doubt about korean capability or also we want see are korean really will share the tech that promised so we "kelupaan bayar" as a strategy

Well I don't buy it if they doubt about Korean capability. Because the reality said other wise. Indonesia was the first customer for Wong Bee and GE variant a/c. Also Chiron manpads.

Now suddenly doubting Korean capability, the country that basicaly still in war so they need the best weapon system they can buy/make. With bunch of industrial bases to support the weapon systems project.

Not that I'm a korean fans but doubting korean capability is 'merendahkan' for me.

Better use another term, like 'man, we love to make our own airplane but our last menhan didn't care' or 'sorry bro, my govmt doesn't have money but also doesn't wanna get dragged to mahkamah arbitrase internasional'

Well I don't buy it if they doubt about Korean capability. Because the reality said other wise. Indonesia was the first customer for Wong Bee and GE variant a/c. Also Chiron manpads.

Now suddenly doubting Korean capability, the country that basicaly still in war so they need the best weapon system they can buy/make. With bunch of industrial bases to support the weapon systems project.

Not that I'm a korean fans but doubting korean capability is 'merendahkan' for me.

Better use another term, like 'man, we love to make our own airplane but our last menhan didn't care' or 'sorry bro, my govmt doesn't have money but also doesn't wanna get dragged to mahkamah arbitrase internasional'

The last def minister is someone who doesnt like to do his jobs as def minister albeit he is a retired general. Prabowo on other hand he volunteer himself for the jobs in first place and he kind of people who love the jobs with passion (not to mention he bring several of his old friend who part of defense planner in Susilo era). There Will be lot of deal being talked with our South Korean friend regarding this KFX projects and deal to soothe them.

Certain French aspects will remain intact within our Armed Forces especially The Navy but Russian & Chinese will fade away

so we got additional 192 Hellfire missiles?
upload_2020-7-7_15-27-2.png

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2020-07-01/pdf/2020-14111.pdf

With so many Hellfire....is there any interest to equipped our Hydra rockets with APKWS?

We end up getting more US items. I Just saw " pagu anggaran " on F-16V & 2nd batch of C-130J ( this time FMS payment system instead of DCS) for Air Force and follow up order on AH-64E also unexpectedly " pagu anggaran " on Blackhawk for Army Aviation. The articles on them published in DSCA is imminent

this is great news indeed after osprey, our army try become more hitech and update with modern warfare, can you tell me sir how much we get for blackhawk?

The last def minister is someone who doesnt like to do his jobs as def minister albeit he is a retired general. Prabowo on other hand he volunteer himself for the jobs in first place and he kind of people who love the jobs with passion (not to mention he bring several of his old friend who part of defense planner in Susilo era). There Will be lot of deal being talked with our South Korean friend regarding this KFX projects and deal to soothe them.
And submarines, rumour speaks that after 2nd batch of DSME 1400, we will seek ones more advance with AIP and missile, the priorities on the list are Germany Type-214 & SK DSME 2000

this is great news indeed after osprey, our army try become more hitech and update with modern warfare, can you tell me sir how much we get for blackhawk?
8 - 12 but likely just 8 there Will be follow up order though

Certain French aspects will remain intact within our Armed Forces especially The Navy but Russian & Chinese will fade away

Air Force will follow US centric mode, Army still retain their West European model counterpart especially German and US model.
so we got additional 192 Hellfire missiles?
View attachment 648796
https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2020-07-01/pdf/2020-14111.pdf

With so many Hellfire....is there any interest to equipped our Hydra rockets with APKWS?

Local Made rockets, and trying to get technology from Turkey to provide guided precision units for such rockets.

French position is rather precarious as Italy and Nordic countries OEM likely wanted to topple their position

Back
Top Bottom