What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Calling it right now guys, either the additional Apache order would include more airframes than the speculated 8 (looking at 16) or they would include more weapon fit outs for the ones that are already in operation.

And before someone tells me we can't afford it. Any additional Apache order would not cost $1.68B. The majority of that money in the original contract went to support and infrastructure. Any follow on order does not have to include that since they would just use the infrastructure that's already been built. Freeing up money for either additional airframes or weapons packages.

Example:
https://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/united-arab-emirates-ch-47f-chinook-helicopters

This is the original UAE Chinook deal for 16 CH-47F's valued at $2B. This includes Life Sustainment and Support along with all other associated support costs.

https://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/united-arab-emirates-uae-ch-47f-chinook-cargo-helicopters

This was last year's follow on order for 10 additional CH-47F's valued at $803M. Notice the wide discrepancy between 16 Chinooks and 10 Chinooks. That discrepancy is where all the support costs was supposed to go had they needed to buy another Life Sustainment Package.

Btw what is novel with Osprey, they can go to insert troops in Sarawak or Sabah from Jakarta and fly again to Indonesian territory without the need to refuelling. This is a fatal attraction for the Army command in certain archipelagic country who keeps frustating when the need to deploying their Rotorcraft units is a hassle.

Just look at their combat radius and compared to Chinook then you can see why mobility is very important in Islands country such as Indonesia. Just based them in Semarang and they can reach almost all of our territory within hours. There is no need to rebase the logistic footprint anymore and including flying the crew and spare part when deployment time came (cost tak terlihat) and it Will be cheaper in the long run.

1192px-MV-22B_combat_radius_in_Iraq_compared_with_CH-46E_combat_radius.svg.png

Calling it right now guys, either the additional Apache order would include more airframes than the speculated 8 (looking at 16) or they would include more weapon fit outs for the ones that are already in operation.

And before someone tells me we can't afford it. Any additional Apache order would not cost $1.68B. The majority of that money in the original contract went to support and infrastructure. Any follow on order does not have to include that since they would just use the infrastructure that's already been built. Freeing up money for either additional airframes or weapons packages.

Example:
https://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/united-arab-emirates-ch-47f-chinook-helicopters

This is the original UAE Chinook deal for 16 CH-47F's valued at $2B. This includes Life Sustainment and Support along with all other associated support costs.

https://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/united-arab-emirates-uae-ch-47f-chinook-cargo-helicopters

This was last year's follow on order for 10 additional CH-47F's valued at $803M. Notice the wide discrepancy between 16 Chinooks and 10 Chinooks. That discrepancy is where all the support costs was supposed to go had they needed to buy another Life Sustainment Package.
There was a Lieutenant Colonel did say 11th Squadron to be made complete ( 16 unit) and provision to raise another Squadron

Air Force will follow US centric mode, Army still retain their West European model counterpart especially German and US model.

Local Made rockets, and trying to get technology from Turkey to provide guided precision units for such rockets.

French position is rather precarious as Italy and Nordic countries OEM likely wanted to topple their position
We're shaping our military truly in NATO style

There was a Lieutenant Colonel did say 11th Squadron to be made complete ( 16 unit) and provision to raise another Squadron

We're shaping our military truly in NATO style

Thats why we send tonnes of our younger officers to schooling in various forts in US

ID : I'll buy SU-35
USA : Don't buy SU-35 you violate CAATSA, I'll give you F-16V full squadron
ID : But I need heavy fighter, if not then give me F-35
USA : You can't have F-35, I'll give you V-22 Osprey, just don't buy SU-35

More likely it Will be the Navy who Will piggyback the army in near future for their heavy lift Rotorcraft transport infrastructure. No Marines and Sailor in the world would dare to say no to Osprey afterall, they would love it especially the Spec ops units.
IMG-20200707-WA0042.jpg

Maybe kormar like it

Indonesian Navy invites bids to build hangar for unmanned aviation squadron
by Ridzwan Rahmat

fg_3239907-jni-6833.jpg

A ScanEagle UAV, similar to the one that will be operated by the Indonesian Navy. (Boeing)

The Indonesian Navy (Tentara Nasional Indonesia – Angkatan Laut: TNI-AL) has issued a public tender inviting bids to build a dedicated hangar for its newly established unmanned naval aviation squadron.

As reported by Janes in July 2018, the new formation is known as Skuadron Udara 700 (Aviation Squadron 700), and it has been established to operate, and maintain the TNI-AL’s unmanned aviation capabilities including the impending donations of ScanEagle unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) from the US government.

A scan of the tender that was provided to Janes on 6 July revealed a total contract value of IDR6,224,864,000 (USD430,000) for the hangar’s design consultation, and construction. The facility will be built at Juanda in Surabaya, and it will be used primarily to store, and maintain the UAVs, and their related equipment. Juanda is also home to the TNI-AL’s naval aviation headquarters.

Companies intending to submit bids for the project must be financially solvent, be led by an experienced management team, and be able to demonstrate evidence of technical competency in building similar facilities, as stated in the tender.

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/...o-build-hangar-for-unmanned-aviation-squadron

ID : I'll buy SU-35
USA : Don't buy SU-35 you violate CAATSA, I'll give you F-16V full squadron
ID : But I need heavy fighter, if not then give me F-35
USA : You can't have F-35, I'll give you V-22 Osprey, just don't buy SU-35
Actually we can, been talked since around 2008. I thought everyone has read the document i posted Last year.

Actually we can, been talked since around 2008. I thought everyone has read the document i posted Last year.

IMO, we should get F-35's once the F-16 A/B MLU's airframe hours wear out since they're already quite aged anyway, F-35 prices should be more affordable by then in terms of acquisition and maybe even CPFH. Unless we want to extend their life and upgrade to or buy more F-16V's if thats still even possible by then

IMO, we should get F-35's once the F-16 A/B MLU's airframe hours wear out since they're already quite aged anyway, F-35 prices should be more affordable by then in terms of acquisition and maybe even CPFH. Unless we want to extend their life and upgrade to or buy more F-16V's if thats still even possible by then
Yes, It's just idk whether we are acquiring F-35A or F-35B for our future acquisition

Yes, It's just idk whether we are acquiring F-35A or F-35B for our future acquisition
I'm dreaming for future lph to be equipped with F-35B and MV-22 tho lmao. I receive some wild rumour stated that there will be lph procurement in the future. The contender is Juan Carlos class and Trieste. Perhaps anyone can confirm this?

Urgh I'm getting so tired refuting that point "U.s wOnT AlLoWed iNdOneSia to bUy F-35" whoever said it next, failed to see the bigger picture and the dynamism in geopolitics.

Btw what is novel with Osprey, they can go to insert troops in Sarawak or Sabah from Jakarta and fly again to Indonesian territory without the need to refuelling. This is a fatal attraction for the Army command in certain archipelagic country who keeps frustating when the need to deploying their Rotorcraft units is a hassle.

Just look at their combat radius and compared to Chinook then you can see why mobility is very important in Islands country such as Indonesia. Just based them in Semarang and they can reach almost all of our territory within hours. There is no need to rebase the logistic footprint anymore and including flying the crew and spare part when deployment time came (cost tak terlihat) and it Will be cheaper in the long run.

View attachment 648797
Yep, reminded me that before the 1998 financial crisis the army was seriously looking into procuring their own C-130.

IMO, I would rather we go initially go with F-35A since its cheaper and has more payload and range, unless we actually have clear ambitions to have VTOL jets onboard LHD's which I doubt, even if we do have those ambitions though we could probably get F-35B's in another batch like what some F-35 operators are doing (Italy, S.Korea, Japan). We're not like Singapore that is going to run on only 2 airbases in the 2030's, we still have lots of Type A and B airbases that aren't hosting any assets right now. The F-35B also has more complicated and strict basing requirements compared to the F-35A (strengthened pavements + landings pads for VTOL ops) which means you need to pour more money into the supporting infrastructure, but there is still a good reason to get F-35B's especially if you want to be able operate them out of smaller airfields with less than 8000 foot runways which we have a lot of.

Back
Top Bottom