What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Former President BJ Habibie passed away
6 minutes ago

bj-habibie.jpg

Former President BJ Habibie passed away at the age of 83 at the Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital (RSPAD) at 6:05 p.m on Wednesday, September 11, 2019. (ANTARA/Ardika/am).

Jakarta (ANTARA) - Former president BJ Habibie passed away at 6.05 p.m on Wednesday at the age of 83 at the Gatot Subroto Army Hospital (RSPAD) where he had been treated since September 1.

The news was conveyed by Habibie's son Thareq Kemal Habibie.

Families of the third president of Indonesia, including his two sons and grandchildren, have gathered at the hospital.

President Joko Widodo has arrived at the hospital to convey condolences to the family.

Habibie was born in Pare Pare, South Sulawesi on June 25, 1936 and led the country from May 1998 to October 1999.

Habibie's wife, Hasri Ainun Habibie, passed away in 2010 in a hospital in Germany.

Related news: National figures pay visit to Habibie at Army Hospital

Related news: National figures discuss Indonesia's current situation with BJ Habibie

Related news: Indonesia`s reforms still far from realized: Habibie
Editor: Gusti Nur Cahya Aryani

COPYRIGHT © ANTARA 2019

https://m.antaranews.com/en/news/132580/former-president-bj-habibie-passed-away

RIP, Innalilahi wa ilaihi rajiun. One of the greatest researcher of Indonesia passed away

innalilahi wa innailaihi rojiun, Rest in Peace eyang Habibie

RBS 15 mk3 gungnir? For klewang
Nice to see it... if it is truly happen.

Btw yg exocet kw si c705 apa c802

gungnir is mk. 4

RBS 15 mk3 gungnir? For klewang
Nice to see it... if it is truly happen.

Btw yg exocet kw si c705 apa c802
Chinese antiship missile developments in 1980s before Tiannamen incident basically cooked up from Italian Otomat co-production, inputs of radar technology from French Thompson and French microturbo engine TRI-60 also reverse engineer from Harpoon. So i surely can't say both C-705 & C-802 as " Exocet KW " since the developments of firstly C-802 and secondly C-705 weren't solely from Exocet but incorporation China could get before International arms sanction post 1989 Tiannanmen incident.

Reminds me of Malang's angkot
still on testing and rnd period , the interior would look more polished than this later , they were helped by south africa paramount group , known to produce such high quality MRAP and APC

Former President BJ Habibie passed away
6 minutes ago

bj-habibie.jpg

Former President BJ Habibie passed away at the age of 83 at the Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital (RSPAD) at 6:05 p.m on Wednesday, September 11, 2019. (ANTARA/Ardika/am).

Jakarta (ANTARA) - Former president BJ Habibie passed away at 6.05 p.m on Wednesday at the age of 83 at the Gatot Subroto Army Hospital (RSPAD) where he had been treated since September 1.

The news was conveyed by Habibie's son Thareq Kemal Habibie.

Families of the third president of Indonesia, including his two sons and grandchildren, have gathered at the hospital.

President Joko Widodo has arrived at the hospital to convey condolences to the family.

Habibie was born in Pare Pare, South Sulawesi on June 25, 1936 and led the country from May 1998 to October 1999.

Habibie's wife, Hasri Ainun Habibie, passed away in 2010 in a hospital in Germany.

Related news: National figures pay visit to Habibie at Army Hospital

Related news: National figures discuss Indonesia's current situation with BJ Habibie

Related news: Indonesia`s reforms still far from realized: Habibie
Editor: Gusti Nur Cahya Aryani

COPYRIGHT © ANTARA 2019

https://m.antaranews.com/en/news/132580/former-president-bj-habibie-passed-away

RIP, Innalilahi wa ilaihi rajiun. One of the greatest researcher of Indonesia passed away
Rest In Peace.

https://www.***************/military/forums/t/south-china-sea-thoughts.13747/page-40

I frequently visit defencetalk forum as silent reader especially on Indonesian related threads ( Army, Green Navy & Air Force ) because they provided real deep analysis. This one provided by " looks like " Indonesian supermoderator with wayang profile wrote a long analysis on South China Sea dispute and how Indonesia roles in page 40. I insist you should read his/her writtings, quite interesting i say.

You just perform surgery to previous words " looks like " which means i'm not really sure of his/her nationality.
Based of his / her other post its Singaporean.
Who knows
Deep analysis btw, thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Based of his / her other post its Singaporean.
Who knows
Deep analysis btw, thanks for sharing.
Reading his/her writting idk whether the current situation in South China Sea will remain static and develop into another Cold War zone between 2 powers or level up to escalation with possible armed conflicts in the region which whatever political stance we have, the impact is felt. For whatever that is in future South China Sea; Indonesia has to be ready in all terms and we have to be the smart giant in the corner which noone would want to mess with. We can't afford being unprepared and stupid should the worst happen.

You just perform surgery to previous words " looks like " which means i'm not really sure of his/her nationality.

OPSSG is Singkies, well i known him since long he had lurking in timawa.net since old days and he made nice contribution too at another forum. Btw, i concur with his assessment, our Navies must put priority on surface forces, and there is should be no more 40 meter class boats armed with 20/35/40 mm peashooter called KRI they all should be degraded to KAL and being tasked to guard their respective area of LANAL. Unless something like Hayabusa class i would not giving a damn though.

Well i just give my wish, after the retirement of Ki Hajar Dewantara and one VS class, they would be replaced by those two PKR (it doesnt matter if Ki Hajar is a training ship, we would not order such specific ship again in near future and just use what we had and that is the PKR) . The rest of programme actually is to start with a pair heavy frigate programme followed by another four of the same model and class with further modification for each batches (one batch comprised of two ships).

For the Parchim class replacement, the plan would be likely to use India Kora class or Chinese corvettes as model development for our indigenous design, there is design to enlarge KCR 60 class toward 80-90 meter simple corvettes with sufficient sensor (not must top the line but still commerciallly available) and being armed with AShM, triple torps and sufficient AA weaponry (like Mistral tetral , simbad or chinese Fl3000N whatever can fly and give a buzz).

Though it just my very wishfull thinking

Reading his/her writting idk whether the current situation in South China Sea will remain static and develop into another Cold War zone between 2 powers or level up to escalation with possible armed conflicts in the region which whatever political stance we have, the impact is felt. For whatever that is in future South China Sea; Indonesia has to be ready in all terms and we have to be the smart giant in the corner which noone would want to mess with. We can't afford being unprepared and stupid should the worst happen.
Sometimes, being an island nation far south provided us and the policymakers a sense of security to the point that we don't see any need/strong urge to rapidly develop our defense capability. But then history also affects this situation, that the Army-strong and political ABRI deliberately weakened the Navy and Air Force for the sake of domination over Indonesia among their ranks, we basically nurtured decades of neglect and perhaps need another 30 years~ post-reformation (or up to 2030) to reverse the effect of the neglect.

Even though our Archipelagic makeup do made our defense' need more challenging, it also provided us with a wide array of choices of how we could nurture our armed forces, if basic force figure is achieved, we really have a quite big freedom of which branch to be prioritized at a time. But i favors the Navy first, Air Force second and Army third on the order of priority, as Naval dominance could ensure our security from most threat. The British knew their advantage and abused this fact to save their skin from direct confrontation on their own land, and made their enemy frustrated from not being able to land on their Island due to the British' Naval dominance, this is also the case with Japan. I think it's an important point for Indonesia to really invest in this "Global Maritime Fulcrum" ambition the government keeps blabbering about, take it to the next level if necessary, not just leaving it as an empty rhetorics.

OPSSG is Singkies, well i known him since long he had lurking in timawa.net since old days and he made nice contribution too at another forum. Btw, i concur with his assessment, our Navies must put priority on surface forces, and there is should be no more 40 meter class boats armed with 20/35/40 mm peashooter called KRI they all should be degraded to KAL and being tasked to guard their respective area of LANAL. Unless something like Hayabusa class i would not giving a damn though.

Well i just give my wish, after the retirement of Ki Hajar Dewantara and one VS class, they would be replaced by those two PKR (it doesnt matter if Ki Hajar is a training ship, we would not order such specific ship again in near future and just use what we had and that is the PKR) . The rest of programme actually is to start with a pair heavy frigate programme followed by another four of the same model and class with further modification for each batches (one batch comprised of two ships).

For the Parchim class replacement, the plan would be likely to use India Kora class or Chinese corvettes as model development for our indigenous design, there is design to enlarge KCR 60 class toward 80-90 meter simple corvettes with sufficient sensor (not must top the line but still commerciallly available) and being armed with AShM, triple torps and sufficient AA weaponry (like Mistral tetral , simbad or chinese Fl3000N whatever can fly and give a buzz).

Though it just my very wishfull thinking
I've read actually from an ITS lecturer ( he isn't directly involved in defence industries ) that best replacement for Parchim Class should be modern multirole OPVs and he's been advocating BAE River Class, Damen 1800 OPV, DCNS/Naval Group OPV 90. Time will tell what to replace Parchim as soon as we done with 50 years old Van Speijk

Sometimes, being an island nation far south provided us and the policymakers a sense of security to the point that we don't see any need/strong urge to rapidly develop our defense capability. But then history also affects this situation, that the Army-strong and political ABRI deliberately weakened the Navy and Air Force for the sake of domination over Indonesia among their ranks, we basically nurtured decades of neglect and perhaps need another 30 years~ post-reformation (or up to 2030) to reverse the effect of the neglect.

Even though our Archipelagic makeup do made our defense' need more challenging, it also provided us with a wide array of choices of how we could nurture our armed forces, if basic force figure is achieved, we really have a quite big freedom of which branch to be prioritized at a time. But i favors the Navy first, Air Force second and Army third on the order of priority, as Naval dominance could ensure our security from most threat. The British knew their advantage and abused this fact to save their skin from direct confrontation on their own land, and made their enemy frustrated from not being able to land on their Island due to the British' Naval dominance, this is also the case with Japan. I think it's an important point for Indonesia to really invest in this "Global Maritime Fulcrum" ambition the government keeps blabbering about, take it to the next level if necessary, not just leaving it as an empty rhetorics.
Britain indeed smart at abusing their situation; King Phillip II of Spain unable to invade the island nations same like Napoleon and Hitler. One thing for sure we must not be like Philippines, the worst situation of archipelagic nation in hotzone of future conflict

Two TNI-AD AH-64E Apache Guardian attacking during TNI Combined Exercise 2019 in Situbondo - East Java.

Apparently the Air Force order six CH 4B, this release from TNI chief of staff, to complete two flight units.

Latgab TNI Tampilkan Drone Tempur, Bisa Mengebom dari Ketinggian 15.000 Kaki
Wildan Catra MuliaKamis, 12 September 2019 - 05:00 WIB
latgab_tni.jpg
Latihan Gabungan TNI Dharma Yudha 2019 di Puslatpur Marinir Karangtekok, Situbondo, Jawa Timur, Rabu (11/9/2019). (Foto-foto: Puspen TNI).
SITUBONDO, iNews.id – Latihan Gabungan TNI Dharma Yudha 2019 di Pusat Latihan dan Tempur (Puslatpur) Marinir, Karangtekok, Situbondo, Jawa Timur tidak hanya menampilkan kemampuan para personel TNI. Latgab juga menyajikan kehebatan pesawat nirawak atau drone tempur.

Dalam latgab itu tampil drone CH-4B berjenis Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE). Drone ini tidak hanya berfungsi sebagai pengawasan, tetapi bisa juga menyerang.

Panglima TNI Marsekal TNI Hadi Tjahjanto mengatakan, drone CH-4B memiliki fungsi pengawasan dan penjagaan wilayah NKRI. Tak hanya itu, pesawat canggih itu juga bisa melakukan penyerangan dengan melemparkan bom yang hasilnya sudah teruji.

"Fungsinya untuk surveillance (pengawasan) dan attack (menyerang). Attack bisa menggunakan bom seperti yang kita laksanakan, kita menembak, ngebom, dari ketinggian 15.000 feet (kaki) dan kita rilis hasilnya sangat presisi," kata Panglima di Puslatpur Marinir, Situbondo, Jawa Timur, Rabu (11/9/2019).

latgab_tni_2.jpg

Panglima mengatakan, drone tersebut juga memiliki keunggulan yakni bisa terbang selama 12 jam. Bahkan, Hadi menyebut pihaknya bisa mengontrol pesawat tersebut dengan jarak 1.000 km dengan menggunakan satelit Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS).

Mantan KSAU ini menambahkan, saat ini TNI memiliki enam drone yang siap menjaga NKRI dari serangan dan ancaman dari negara-negara lain.

"Itu pengadaan pada renstra (rencana strategis) kedua dan rencananya kita memiliki enam pesawat, enam pesawat itu untuk memenuhi dua sistem," kata dia.

Panglima juga menjelaskan, Latgab TNI Dharma Yudha 2019 sudah dilaksanakan secara bertahap, mulai dari gladi posko dan dilanjutkan manuver lapangan selama tiga hari. Pada Rabu pagi dilaksanakan pendaratan amfibi termasuk manuver lapangan dan semua bertumpu di tempat latihan di wilayah Situbondo.

panglima_TNI.jpg

Menurut Panglima, pada Latgab TNI Dharma Yudha 2019 sudah mulai diterapkan pelaksanaan perang modern yaitu network centric operation atau network centric warfare menggabungkan sistem dari ketiga matra (Darat, Laut dan Udara) yang didukung oleh blackbord nya menggunakan satelit.

“Mudah-mudahan pada Latihan Gabungan TNI tahun 2021 sudah didukung penuh satu sistem yang sedang dibangun,” kata dia.

Turut mendampingi Panglima TNI di antaranya KSAD Jenderal TNI Andika Perkasa, KSAL Laksamana TNI Siwi Sukma Adji, dan KSAU Marsekal TNI Yuyu Sutisna.

Editor : Zen Teguh

https://www.inews.id/news/nasional/...mpur-bisa-mengebom-dari-ketinggian-15000-kaki

Back
Top Bottom