What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

I frequently visit defencetalk forum as silent reader especially on Indonesian related threads ( Army, Green Navy & Air Force ) because they provided real deep analysis. This one provided by " looks like " Indonesian supermoderator with wayang profile wrote a long analysis on South China Sea dispute and how Indonesia roles in page 40. I insist you should read his/her writtings, quite interesting i say.
Bacaan pengantar tidur yg menarik. Thank you for sharing, I was going to reply but too sleepy. Anyway that scholar in depth analysis basicaly in line with what I have in mind but with a few twist and points which I didnt notice yet rather important for us. First the possibly tighten relation for Sing and Aus; this can impact us in a way of region stability and put more pressure to us as a balancer. Second is Philipine; he brought a point that open up my eyes about phillipine situation and how pinoy suppousedly can play important role yet failed to do so. On the other hand if somehow their next leader lean too much on either china or US this could bring more instability and risk to region. As weak as they are their future action can trigger unneeded ripple effect to scs hot zone.

As for us, well I did mentioned before about having to balance and strong enough for outsiders to mess with us, or to avoid having them adu jotos inside our teritory. And for now there isnt much we can do (military wise) but proceed as plan and make sure what we have outlined can work as planned. Again thank you for sharing man :D

Well i just give my wish, after the retirement of Ki Hajar Dewantara and one VS class, they would be replaced by those two PKR (it doesnt matter if Ki Hajar is a training ship, we would not order such specific ship again in near future and just use what we had and that is the PKR) . The rest of programme actually is to start with a pair heavy frigate programme followed by another four of the same model and class with further modification for each batches (one batch comprised of two ships).

For the Parchim class replacement, the plan would be likely to use India Kora class or Chinese corvettes as model development for our indigenous design, there is design to enlarge KCR 60 class toward 80-90 meter simple corvettes with sufficient sensor (not must top the line but still commerciallly available) and being armed with AShM, triple torps and sufficient AA weaponry (like Mistral tetral , simbad or chinese Fl3000N whatever can fly and give a buzz).
I like it, exactly what I have in mind for frigate program. With 6 purchase and spread over 3 batches we will have lot more tot specially for future own frigate or even corvette class, and dealing with 6 VS class retirement at the same time. Parchim replacement, I couldnt agree more with you sis. We must develop our own 80-90 meter class. KCR-60 cant stopped there, further advancement of designing larger one must proceed to sharpen our engineers. I dont care much if the final design is just mediocare but by doing it we are strengthening our Naval knowledge warship design and to me that is priceless. We sharing the same wish sys... :D

"Itu pengadaan pada renstra (rencana strategis) kedua dan rencananya kita memiliki enam pesawat, enam pesawat itu untuk memenuhi dua sistem," kata dia.
I dont get it, did he mean 2 ska? why did he say 2 systems?

“Mudah-mudahan pada Latihan Gabungan TNI tahun 2021 sudah didukung penuh satu sistem yang sedang dibangun,” kata dia.
I love it, they know their goal. Track has been build, bearing has been set, now lets see whats latgab 2021 going to be :D

Bacaan pengantar tidur yg menarik. Thank you for sharing, I was going to reply but too sleepy. Anyway that scholar in depth analysis basicaly in line with what I have in mind but with a few twist and points which I didnt notice yet rather important for us. First the possibly tighten relation for Sing and Aus; this can impact us in a way of region stability and put more pressure to us as a balancer. Second is Philipine; he brought a point that open up my eyes about phillipine situation and how pinoy suppousedly can play important role yet failed to do so. On the other hand if somehow their next leader lean too much on either china or US this could bring more instability and risk to region. As weak as they are their future action can trigger unneeded ripple effect to scs hot zone.

As for us, well I did mentioned before about having to balance and strong enough for outsiders to mess with us, or to avoid having them adu jotos inside our teritory. And for now there isnt much we can do (military wise) but proceed as plan and make sure what we have outlined can work as planned. Again thank you for sharing man :D

I like it, exactly what I have in mind for frigate program. With 6 purchase and spread over 3 batches we will have lot more tot specially for future own frigate or even corvette class, and dealing with 6 VS class retirement at the same time. Parchim replacement, I couldnt agree more with you sis. We must develop our own 80-90 meter class. KCR-60 cant stopped there, further advancement of designing larger one must proceed to sharpen our engineers. I dont care much if the final design is just mediocare but by doing it we are strengthening our Naval knowledge warship design and to me that is priceless. We sharing the same wish sys... :D

I dont get it, did he mean 2 ska? why did he say 2 systems?

I love it, they know their goal. Track has been build, bearing has been set, now lets see whats latgab 2021 going to be :D
If we follow this infographic from FSM then eventually there will be 2 Squadrons
25158306_1646658452023259_3554146277738185755_n.jpg

The Combined Arms doctrine is strong in this one

They want to emulate what US forces had during battle of Falujah, combined arms at Brigade and Division level and coorperation between Arms (Navy/Marines, Army and Air Force).

If we follow this infographic from FSM then eventually there will be 2 Squadrons
View attachment 578962

The ones had been realized is amphibious squadron, UCAV, CSAR helicopter...

They want to emulate what US forces had during battle of Falujah, combined arms at Brigade and Division level and coorperation between Arms (Navy/Marines, Army and Air Force).

The ones had been realized is amphibious squadron, UCAV, CSAR helicopter...
Also 33rd Squadron ( planned to be C-130 ) & 27th Squadron ( planned to be with composite of CN-235 & C-295 ) while earlier this year 8 H-225M contract was for 9th Squadron.

have a look at our thai neighbour new panus 8x8 interior .
70279097_2503288273071292_4620127506064736256_o.jpg

70362535_1872735146162921_7705264169037070336_o.jpg

70387618_1872735552829547_4559409471796805632_o.jpg

it looks like they were straightly put the armor plate and weld it into the interior (maybe im wrong) , unlike our anoa which if im not wrong use monocoque skeleton/chassis frame and then put the armor plate on it afterward

In another web i found that this panus will equipped with turkish 30mm cannon

@Cromwell
Sorry I cant open your link. Likely it is interesting

Last edited:
I like it, exactly what I have in mind for frigate program. With 6 purchase and spread over 3 batches we will have lot more tot specially for future own frigate or even corvette class, and dealing with 6 VS class retirement at the same time. Parchim replacement, I couldnt agree more with you sis. We must develop our own 80-90 meter class. KCR-60 cant stopped there, further advancement of designing larger one must proceed to sharpen our engineers. I dont care much if the final design is just mediocare but by doing it we are strengthening our Naval knowledge warship design and to me that is priceless. We sharing the same wish sys...

The KCR was set to be elongated by 10metre+ , around 70metre , that's BPPT official recommendation to improve the KCR sea state capability .

The KCR was set to be elongated by 10metre+ , around 70metre , that's BPPT official recommendation to improve the KCR sea state capability .

IMO lengthening of hull is more about increasing "hull speed" rather than sea worthiness. Sea worthiness is about construction rather than size related.

View attachment 578962
Wait, there's no strategic mpa in mef 3? I thought we will nuy it cuz our airforce really interested in poseidon

Btw any news about TNI cruise missile procure? Are we looking for it? As far as i i know matra yg pasti pake cruise missile baru AD doang,idk about navy and airforce tho

Back
Top Bottom