What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

15826878_386197395059809_5998657819280049321_n.jpg

Indonesia, Pakistan should cooperate in fighting terrorism: Diplomat
Sabtu, 7 Januari 2017 03:34 WIB | 625 Views
Pewarta: Aria Cindyara
20170107Mahmud-Ali-Durrani.jpg

Mahmud Ali Durrani. (Reuters)

Jakarta (ANTARA News) - Indonesia and Pakistan, as two of the worlds most populous Muslim-majority countries, should join forces in countering global and regional terrorism threats, former Pakistani Ambassador to the US Major-General (Retired) Mahmud Ali Durrani.

Durrani, who is also Pakistans former National Security Adviser, believed that many members of extremist groups are inclined to carry out ill-advised acts, including suicide bombings, because they have been led to believe that they are fighting on behalf of Islam, and that they have been guaranteed a one way ticket to heaven, he stated in a panel titled Geostrategic Update: South Asia at Le Meridien Hotel Jakarta, Friday (Jan. 6)

With regard to this notion, Durrani thinks that Indonesia and Pakistan should work together in educating the public about the misconception, so that threats of terrorism can be eliminated, as it has increasingly become major concerns for both countries and the global community.

"Indonesia and Pakistan can cooperate in developing this idea, so that there are no militants growing in Indonesia and at the same time, Pakistan can get rid of the militants that are already growing in it," he said.

The dialogue themed Geostrategic Update: South Asia was held by the Embassy of Pakistan in Jakarta in cooperation with the Foreign Policy Community of Indonesia (FPCI).

The event featured Major-General Durrani as its key speaker, during which he explained the strategic geographical importance of Pakistan in South Asia, as well as his views about prospects of the resolution of long ongoing conflicts.

Indonesian diplomat and founder of the Foreign Policy Community Dino Patti Djalal acted as the moderator for the discussion where a number of people from the diplomatic community, government officials and academics had the chance to ask questions related to the region.
(T.KR-ARC/INE/KR-BSR/B003)

http://www.antaranews.com/en/news/1...ould-cooperate-in-fighting-terrorism-diplomat

I agree we can corporate in all fields from land to air to Naval equipment as well as intelligence corporation

I can't still "unclear" your "moral position" regarding your latest dispute with Australia ... For me .. If youstill have dignity as a "Bangsa Indonesia" ... would you please advise Jokowi to issue urgently an instruction to your TNI to return back all of C130H that they have received freely from Australia ....:-)

As a largest country and also as a (de facto) leader of ASEAN ..I want to hear from your leader to say openly to them .." GO TO HELL WITH YOUR AID" ,, :nana:
If you were a national advisor or something, I believe your country is doing SPLENDID regarding your relations with other countries...

I can't still "unclear" your "moral position" regarding your latest dispute with Australia ... For me .. If youstill have dignity as a "Bangsa Indonesia" ... would you please advise Jokowi to issue urgently an instruction to your TNI to return back all of C130H that they have received freely from Australia ....:-)

As a largest country and also as a (de facto) leader of ASEAN ..I want to hear from your leader to say openly to them .." GO TO HELL WITH YOUR AID" ,, :nana:

You are a stupid to believe that those C130H were given because they were kind, but for a guy who doesnt understand anything other than trolling like you. I will save me some time to lecture you.

Actually those C130 H are not free at all, we have to paid it, even with a bargain price, so what you said is wrong and misleading,
and about the sanction the indonesian govt give to the military cooperation between Indonesia and australia it is called carrot and stick, with that we can dictate and forced them to replace/change their curriculum, and in the way put a shame in their face by making them begging appologies, so you need more learning how to use soft and hard power

If you were a national advisor or something, I believe your country is doing SPLENDID regarding your relations with other countries...

Hahahaha ... can i ask you .. do you believe that Australia will "respect" you with your "marah-marah tak jelas itu"? .. meanwhile ... and at the same time ... you still continue to request Australia to help you to modernize your TNI-AU and also to train your military officers there .. My advise ... Be mature and wise in your relationship with other country .... but please don't 't waste your "dignity" as a "big nation" ....:cheesy:

Actually those C130 H are not free at all, we have to paid it, even with a bargain price, so what you said is wrong and misleading,
and about the sanction the indonesian govt give to the military cooperation between Indonesia and australia it is called carrot and stick, with that we can dictate and forced them to replace/change their curriculum, and in the way put a shame in their face by making them begging appologies, so you need more learning how to use soft and hard power

https://defence.pk/threads/australia-to-grant-five-hercules-c-130-aircraft-to-indonesia.192072/
https://en.tempo.co/read/news/2013/11/29/055533465/Indonesia-Receives-Hercules-C-130-from-Australia

Hahahaha ... can i ask you .. do you believe that Australia will "respect" you with your "marah-marah tak jelas itu"? .. meanwhile ... and at the same time ... you still continue to request Australia to help you to modernize your TNI-AU and also to train your military officers there .. My advise ... Be mature and wise in your relationship with other country .... but please don't 't waste your "dignity" as a "big nation" ....:cheesy:

So, just because they are theoretically stronger than us, we don't deserve to ask for their clarification? Junior, you need to learn more about life.

National ideology is not something one can make fun of. You shoulda known how much our countrymen value PANCASILA by now. Ask PKI if you need some reminder..

And;
1.) We didn't "ask", we bought. Business.
2.) We send our officer there, per their request, as a part of bilateral relationship. Such programme is just not unheard of.

Last edited:
Australia should learn alot on how to life with big guys as their neighbor. The ssian today is very different from 60 years ago when they still hold many advantage over many Asian countries. Today they must cope with reality country such as India, China and Indonesia hold many power and capable to challenge them in any field at any days. Now is Asian Centuries!!!!

Back
Top Bottom