What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Hi guys. New member here but I'm not new to this thread. Been following this thread for more than 3 years now but never have time to be active here until now.

As you can see my avatar is a dog's nose that's because I'm nosy. Always sniffing for knowledge. Anyway I have two questions for you seniors or knowledgable juniors here.

1. What is the actual combat capability of KCR-60? Although it will carry Chinese CIWS, we know it can carry 57mm bofors but not 76mm oto melara. How about SSM? Maximum, how many SSM can it carry? And how about torpedoes or ASuW capability?

2. It's been more than a year now, any development about our planned purchase of Russian Be-200?

Hi guys. New member here but I'm not new to this thread. Been following this thread for more than 3 years now but never have time to be active here until now. As you can see my avatar is a dog's nose that's because I'm nosy. Always sniffing for knowledge.

Welcome aboard comrade! Please share, and enjoy..

DSA 2016, Palindo Marine offering 90 metre OPV to the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency
PT Palindo is collaborating with a Malaysian company, Tenggara Nasa Sdn Bhd for the OPV requirement. A shipyard will be build in Tumpat, Kelantan if their the proposal win the tender.

palindo-opv.jpg

Currently, Palindo also building 110 metre OPV for Indonesian Coast Guard
bakamla.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys. New member here but I'm not new to this thread. Been following this thread for more than 3 years now but never have time to be active here until now.

As you can see my avatar is a dog's nose that's because I'm nosy. Always sniffing for knowledge. Anyway I have two questions for you seniors or knowledgable juniors here.

1. What is the actual combat capability of KCR-60? Although it will carry Chinese CIWS, we know it can carry 57mm bofors but not 76mm oto melara. How about SSM? Maximum, how many SSM can it carry? And how about torpedoes or ASuW capability?

2. It's been more than a year now, any development about our planned purchase of Russian Be-200?

KCR 60 will carry Type 730 on the stern side (back side) while its still retain its 57mm gun at the front side.
When we talk abut the capacity for SSM, its can carry up to 2x2 launcher of medium sized SSM. Currently the option is C-705. KCR / FAC (Fast Attack Missile Boat) does not design for ASW capability, so it doesnt have torpedo on board. MTB (Motor Torpedo Boat) is part of the old time warfare and not really effective in today's small combat boat doctrines.

hi guys any news from kfx/ifx? please this thread need dicussion, look only pic alias sepi

Just few days ago there's a news about Korea going to pick engine for KFX. The choice are between European engine maker Eurojet Turbo GmbH and the US firm General Electric (GE). And yesterday, Korea also announced Hanwha Thales as partner for KFX Radar development.

What is the actual combat capability of KCR-60? Although it will carry Chinese CIWS, we know it can carry 57mm bofors but not 76mm oto melara. How about SSM? Maximum, how many SSM can it carry? And how about torpedoes or ASuW capability?
KCR 60 will carry Type 730 on the stern side (back side) while its still retain its 57mm gun at the front side. When we talk abut the capacity for SSM, its can carry up to 2x2 launcher of medium sized SSM. Currently the option is C-705. KCR / FAC (Fast Attack Missile Boat) does not design for ASW capability, so it doesnt have torpedo on board. MTB (Motor Torpedo Boat) is part of the old time warfare and not really effective in today's small combat boat doctrines.

Actually, KCR-60 was designed to be armed with full array of capability in mind, from ASUW, AAW, EW, NGFS to ASW with further development.
kcr602.jpg

Last edited:
Indonesia Likely to Buy Over Dozen Russian Su-35 Fighter Jets – Rostec
© Sputnik/ Grigoriy Sisoev
BUSINESS
10:08 21.04.2016(updated 10:25 21.04.2016) Get short URL
Indonesia plans to buy up to 18 Russian Su-35 fighter jets.

1029739802.jpg

© SPUTNIK/ ALEXANDER ASTAFYEV
Tested in Combat: Russia Faces High Demand for Su-34, Su-35 Jets After Success in Syria
KUALA LUMPUR (Malasya) (Sputnik) – Key decisions on the purchase of Russian Su-35 Flanker multirole fighters by Indonesia have been made and contract talks may start soon, a senior official from Russia’s Rostec state corporation said.

“Principle decisions have been made, we are expecting the start of talks,” Viktor Kladov, the head of Rostec's International Cooperation Department, said in an interview with RIA Novosti.

“We are looking forward to the visit of the Indonesian defense minister to Moscow to attend an international security conference. We will have a meeting on the sidelines of this conference, we are making progress in this direction,” Kladov said adding that the deal may involve up to 18 aircraft.

Russia has also started preliminary talks with Indonesia on the delivery of Russian Project 636 Varshavyanka diesel-electric submarines, Viktor Kladov said.

"Preliminary consultations are being held. Indonesia has strong interest in developing military-technical cooperation with Russia and we are already cooperating in all three areas – ground forces, air force and the navy. We are holding several consultations, including on this particular [Project 636] subject," Kladov told RIA Novosti.

Russia’s improved Kilo-class diesel-electric submarines feature advanced stealth technology, extended combat range and the ability to strike land, surface and underwater targets.

In 2016, the Russian Black Sea Fleet will deploy six Project 636 Varshavyanka class submarines.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/business/201...-purchase-indonesia-russia.html#ixzz46TEoknzo

Launching of the Indonesian Army' new LCU, 1200 DWT vessel by PT Dok & Perkapalan Kodja Bahari. The new LCU 1200 DWT vessel can carry 6 Leopard-2 tanks & 1 transporter.

adri.jpg

Panjang 79,50 meter, lebar kapal 14.00 meter, tinggi geladak utama 7,80 meter, dan tinggi sarat air 2,90. Untuk mesin penggerak memiliki kekuatan 2x1500 horse power, kecepatan maksimum 12 knot, total beban yang mampu diangkut 2.400 ton. Kapal ini mampu menampung 43 awak kapal. ADRI-L ini tangki bahan bakar mampu memuat 250.000 liter untuk jarak jelajah 2.880 NM.

adri-2.jpg

http://www.jawapos.com/read/2016/04/21/24841/ini-spesifikasi-kapal-adri-l-penanan-tni-ad

Last edited:
every time i see the army's vessels i always wonder... why the number is in roman numeral?

Welcome aboard comrade! Please share, and enjoy..

DSA 2016, Palindo Marine offering 90 metre OPV to the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency
PT Palindo is collaborating with a Malaysian company, Tenggara Nasa Sdn Bhd for the OPV requirement. A shipyard will be build in Tumpat, Kelantan if their the proposal win the tender.

View attachment 301372

Currently, Palindo also building 110 metre OPV for Indonesian Coast Guard
View attachment 301374

We certainly need 110++ meter OPV to guard our EEZ, because EEZ are almost always located on high seas and require several weeks of stationing in the middle of the sea. And definitely good for Natuna Seas.

Just few days ago there's a news about Korea going to pick engine for KFX. The choice are between European engine maker Eurojet Turbo GmbH and the US firm General Electric (GE). And yesterday, Korea also announced Hanwha Thales as partner for KFX Radar development.

Actually, KCR-60 was designed to be armed with full array of capability in mind, from ASUW, AAW, EW, NGFS to ASW with further development.
kcr602.jpg

Thanks guys. The reason I ask this is because I'm comparing KCR-60 with Russia's Tarantul-Class.

tarantul4-1.jpg

attachment.php

Both vessels are of similar size. Similar length, beam, and displacement. But Tarantul is a corvette while KCR-60 is only classified as Fast (missile) Boat. With similar size, Tarantul can carry 16 SSM the same size of C705 while KCR-60 can only carry 4 SSM. Other weapons on KCR-60 seems okay with me, good 57mm bofors, CIWS, and SAM. The only draw back is just that Tarantul can carry 4 times more SSM than KCR-60.

Since Tarantul is a corvette, what I'm wondering is that we've been talking about KORNAS, and I think PAL is actually able to build KORNAS on it's own if it's based on the KCR-60 design. So why stop at making a missile boat when making a KORNAS is already 90% probable?

We certainly need 110++ meter OPV to guard our EEZ, because EEZ are almost always located on high seas and require several weeks of stationing in the middle of the sea. And definitely good for Natuna Seas.

Bakamla has already made a Medium Term Development Plan (RPJM) to have 30 new patrol ships until 2019. Which include 10 units 80 metre OPV, and 4 units 110 metre OPV.

If i'm not mistaken the first 110 metre OPV for Bakamla will be ready to serve in 2017.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom