What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

sooo...... will this affect us ?? looks like the european counterpart is already smiling from the distance ...

They are smiling mostly because they no longer being forced by Trump to spend 2% of their GDP as per NATO requirement. Which mean more money could be spent for COVID-19 mitigation. And Germany along with the Low Countries could get away (again) with not having to maintain operationally ready air force & army

Last edited:
https://www.kemhan.go.id/puslaik/20...-dalam-rangka-uji-statis-dan-uji-dinamis.html
Pelaksanaan Sertifikasi Kelaikan Rantis Komodo Dalam Rangka Uji Statis dan Uji Dinamis
Monday, 9 November 2020
1605004757499.png

Dari tanggal 2 November s/d 6 November 2020 telah dilaksanakan kegiatan Sertifikasi Kelaikan Militer Rantis (Kendaraan Taktis) Komodo penyedia PT. Pindad dalam rangka Uji Statis dan Uji Dinamis. Hadir dalam pelaksanaan kegiatan PT. Pindad dan Tim Kelaikan IMLA (Indonesian Military Landworthiness) Puslaik Kemhan. Uji Statis dilaksanakan terhadap 5 kendaran Komodo dan Uji Dinamis dilaksanakan dengan metode sampling terhadap 2 kendaraan Komodo.
1605004788371.png

Uji statis dilaksanakan terhadap 5 kendaraan Komodo di halaman gedung seratus PT. Pindad dan uji dinamis dilaksanakan selama 5 hari dengan rute perjalanan dari PT. Pindad (Bandung)-Subang-Sarangan-Kebumen-Ambal-Ciwidey-Batujajar PT. Pindad (Bandung), dalam pelaksanaan kegiatan berjalan dengan lancar dan selalu mematuhi Protocol Kesehatan Covid 19.

Pelaksanaan uji dinamis meliputi materi uji Percepatan dari 40 km/jam s.d. 60 km/jam, Perlambatan dari 60 km/jam s.d. 40 km/jam, Kecepatan aman sampai dengan 80 km/jam, Uji Radio dan uji handheld, Uji daya tanjak 15% – 30%, Uji daya tanjak 30% – 60%, Uji lampu tempur dan BO (black out), Uji Offroad melewati lintasan (berlumpur, berpasir, berbatu, tanjakan, turunan, serta lintas datar), Uji statis dan dinamis RCWS senjata 7,62 mm serta integrasi antara BMS dan RCWS, Uji shoot detection. Dalam pelaksanaan uji baik statis maupun dinamis dengan hasil tidak terjadi malfungsi dan sesuai dengan spesifikasi teknis dalam kontrak.

Kendaraan taktis Komodo dengan penyedia PT. Pindad sebanyak 5 unit akan digunakan oleh Pussenif Kodiklatad. Rangkaian kegiatan sertifikasi kelaikan kendaraan Komodo diakhiri dengan rapat pembuatan notulen yang bertempat di PT. Pindad (Bandung) dengan memberikan saran, masukan dan evaluasi dari Tim Kelaikan kepada PT. Pindad.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using australian made RCWS , EOS R400
1605004938165.png

1605005078702.png

to be honest , this variant of komodo with the windshield guard are the one who i think had the most Ferocious Look , i would even put it infront of Sherpa and GAZ Tigr in term of aesthetic.
1605006508031.png

1605006613946.png

Last edited:
Likely the Biden Administration SecDef
MICHÈLE FLOURNOY POISED TO BE BIDEN’S NEW SECDEF
by Steve Balestrieri

File photo of Michèle Flournoy: DOD

It is hardly a secret that Joe Biden will appoint a woman to head up the Defense Department. And that woman is Michèle Flournoy.
Flournoy was thought to have also been Hillary Clinton’s choice for Secretary of Defense. Back in June of 2016, Biden, speaking at the Center for New American Security (CNAS), a think tank headed by Flournoy, had made the following telling comments about Flournoy:
“Well, madam secretary,” Biden said with a laugh, alluding to her being tapped for the position by Clinton, “I’m writing a recommendation for her, you know.” Under the Trump administration, then-Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis asked her to be his number two but she declined.
Flournoy has a wealth of experience. She served in President Bill Clinton’s administration as the principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Strategy and Threat Reduction, and then as Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Strategy.
In 2007 she left the government to start CNAS. She returned to serve in the Obama administration as Undersecretary of Defense for Policy. She was a major driving force in creating the plans for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and is considered a prominent expert in the counterinsurgency strategy.

After the 2016 election, she created WestExec Advisors, a government consultancy group with Anthony Blinken, a former national security adviser to then-Vice President Biden. Blinken was a senior adviser to Biden during his presidential campaign and is expected to be tapped as Biden’s National Security Advisor or perhaps his Secretary of State.
Mattis wanted this woman as his second-in-command — here's why she turned him down
She has advocated for a hard stance in Syria and for Assad’s withdrawal. Back in 2018, she had given an interview with the Jerusalem Post in Israel; her feelings will no doubt be a voice in Biden’s administration.
“[Trump’s administration] hasn’t really engaged on the ground in Syria in terms of showing up at negotiations as a major player or changing any of their activities on the ground to counter Iranian influence or to counter Shi’ite militias,” she had said in the interview.
“Who is looking out for Israeli interests in negotiations about a resolution in Syria? Someone needs to think about what will be on Israel’s borders in the end… Shi’ite militias with [Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps] connections? Another Hezbollah? This would be unacceptable. So what will it look like?” she had added. This is certainly a question that concerns the Israelis.
Flournoy also agrees with what is believed to be Biden’s view regarding the Iran nuclear deal. She has said that she would demand real concessions from the Iranians and asked, “How do we go beyond the constraints of the deal, so its constraints do not expire after 15 years and also extend into other areas of concern like ballistic missiles?”
She has been very vocal about the need for the U.S. to invest heavily in what she characterized as “big bets” in future defense technology. Among others, these include command-and-control systems powered by artificial intelligence and the combined use of unmanned and manned systems and capabilities.
She also favors a hard-line approach toward China. “There are a whole set of threats, whether it’s preventing the next pandemic, or dealing with climate change, or dealing with North Korean nuclear proliferation where, like it or not, we have to deal with China as a partner or we cannot solve the problem,” she recently said in an interview with Defense News.

Speaking with NBC News, she left little doubt that she would accept the nomination if it were offered.
“I’ve spent 30 years in some form of public service either in government or in the non-profit sector. That is my calling,” Flournoy had said back in August.
“Who knows, but I have come out and endorsed Joe Biden. I do think he’s the right answer for the country. And I would do anything to support his success and for the sake of the country, frankly.”

Last edited:
Using their weapons against them :D
Yg ada si pelangi itu bakalan pulang kampung deh..
Likely the Biden Administration SecDef
MICHÈLE FLOURNOY POISED TO BE BIDEN’S NEW SECDEF
by Steve Balestrieri

It is hardly a secret that Joe Biden will appoint a woman to head up the Defense Department. And that woman is Michèle Flournoy.
Flournoy was thought to have also been Hillary Clinton’s choice for Secretary of Defense. Back in June of 2016, Biden, speaking at the Center for New American Security (CNAS), a think tank headed by Flournoy, had made the following telling comments about Flournoy:
“Well, madam secretary,” Biden said with a laugh, alluding to her being tapped for the position by Clinton, “I’m writing a recommendation for her, you know.” Under the Trump administration, then-Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis asked her to be his number two but she declined.
Flournoy has a wealth of experience. She served in President Bill Clinton’s administration as the principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Strategy and Threat Reduction, and then as Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Strategy.
In 2007 she left the government to start CNAS. She returned to serve in the Obama administration as Undersecretary of Defense for Policy. She was a major driving force in creating the plans for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and is considered a prominent expert in the counterinsurgency strategy.

After the 2016 election, she created WestExec Advisors, a government consultancy group with Anthony Blinken, a former national security adviser to then-Vice President Biden. Blinken was a senior adviser to Biden during his presidential campaign and is expected to be tapped as Biden’s National Security Advisor or perhaps his Secretary of State.
Mattis wanted this woman as his second-in-command — here's why she turned him down's why she turned him down
She has advocated for a hard stance in Syria and for Assad’s withdrawal. Back in 2018, she had given an interview with the Jerusalem Post in Israel; her feelings will no doubt be a voice in Biden’s administration.
“[Trump’s administration] hasn’t really engaged on the ground in Syria in terms of showing up at negotiations as a major player or changing any of their activities on the ground to counter Iranian influence or to counter Shi’ite militias,” she had said in the interview.
“Who is looking out for Israeli interests in negotiations about a resolution in Syria? Someone needs to think about what will be on Israel’s borders in the end… Shi’ite militias with [Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps] connections? Another Hezbollah? This would be unacceptable. So what will it look like?” she had added. This is certainly a question that concerns the Israelis.
Flournoy also agrees with what is believed to be Biden’s view regarding the Iran nuclear deal. She has said that she would demand real concessions from the Iranians and asked, “How do we go beyond the constraints of the deal, so its constraints do not expire after 15 years and also extend into other areas of concern like ballistic missiles?”
She has been very vocal about the need for the U.S. to invest heavily in what she characterized as “big bets” in future defense technology. Among others, these include command-and-control systems powered by artificial intelligence and the combined use of unmanned and manned systems and capabilities.
She also favors a hard-line approach toward China. “There are a whole set of threats, whether it’s preventing the next pandemic, or dealing with climate change, or dealing with North Korean nuclear proliferation where, like it or not, we have to deal with China as a partner or we cannot solve the problem,” she recently said in an interview with Defense News.

Speaking with NBC News, she left little doubt that she would accept the nomination if it were offered.
“I’ve spent 30 years in some form of public service either in government or in the non-profit sector. That is my calling,” Flournoy had said back in August.
“Who knows, but I have come out and endorsed Joe Biden. I do think he’s the right answer for the country. And I would do anything to support his success and for the sake of the country, frankly.”
From Wiki:
Asia
In 2020, Flournoy was in line to become Joe Biden's Secretary of Defense, should the presumptive Democratic Party presidential nominee defeat Donald Trump.[22] At that time, Flournoy turned her attention to China in "How to Prevent a War in Asia; The Erosion of American Deterrence Raises the Risk of Chinese Miscalculation."[23] In this essay, Flournoy argued the US must invest in new military technologies, such as prototypes for artificial intelligence, as well as more long range missiles, escalate U.S. troop deployment to the South China Sea area: Japan, Taiwan, Philippines, and step up roving war games in Asia to show China the US has the modern technology, might and will to deter Chinese aggression. Without such ramped up U.S. military activity in the waters off China and absent the technology to ward off a Chinese cyber attack on U.S. navigation systems, Flournoy asserted the U.S. could stumble into a nuclear confrontation with China over Taiwan sovereignty.[24] In an August 2020 interview with Defense News, Flournoy favored shifting money from more traditional military expenditures to unmanned systems "that dramatically improve ... our ability to project power to defend an interest or an ally who’s under threat.[1]

Last edited:
US indeed offers F/A-18 to us

And i will say it one more time, MoD isn't interested in single engine fighter now

And i will say it one more time, MoD isn't interested in single engine fighter now
This is too just a speculation from journalists.

"The “equivalent fighter” jet to the F-16 could only be the F/A-18 Super Hornet"

Not a bad offer though. But do we really need to choose between F16 or F18?
Why not both, a skadron of SHornet and 2 skadron falcon whatever block it is.

Could it be, we will take german route?
Forget F35, take Typhoon x SHornet instead!!

Last edited:

Well the wording can be interpret to F-15 as well, 4th gen fighter count mostly on radar/avionics anyway.
Hornet is a good choice, Specially latest block III hornet with the CFT. But no no to the used hornet. We can go crazy with hornet and mix it with P-8 to get a better deal.

Another options is Germany intention to sell its tranche 1 inventory and combine with Austria tranche 1 is a good bet to gain decent fighter numbers in relatively short period of time. Tho reading from the news where the scheduled 2 hours meeting was down to 1 hour make me wonder about it, reduced meeting time often signaled it didnt go well.

Anyway Idk whats in MoD mind for not willing to go single engine (if its true), specially with Viper proven design and user familiarization. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So he doesn't wan't single engine (which is completely understandable), but he want F35 which is single engine?

we need more fighter ASAP, there is a lot of gap in the airspace and our fighter usage rates is very tremendous and quite worrisome. More delay and we will be left with none when the F-16C/D and Hawk 209/109 of our doing further MLU as scheduled.

Growlerski....:chilli:

Well the wording can be interpret to F-15 as well, 4th gen fighter count mostly on radar/avionics anyway.
Hornet is a good choice, Specially latest block III hornet with the CFT. But no no to the used hornet. We can go crazy with hornet and mix it with P-8 to get a better deal.

Another options is Germany intention to sell its tranche 1 inventory and combine with Austria tranche 1 is a good bet to gain decent fighter numbers in relatively short period of time. Tho reading from the news where the scheduled 2 hours meeting was down to 1 hour make me wonder about it, reduced meeting time often signaled it didnt go well.

Anyway Idk whats in MoD mind for not willing to go single engine (if its true), specially with Viper proven design and user familiarization. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Austria Meeting ?

Another options is Germany intention to sell its tranche 1 inventory and combine with Austria tranche 1 is a good bet to gain decent fighter numbers in relatively short period of time.

kalau itu sich gelagatnya German mau nikung Austria. Kemungkinan nawarin nya include paketan upgrade

Tho reading from the news where the scheduled 2 hours meeting was down to 1 hour make me wonder about it, reduced meeting time often signaled it didnt go well.

Meeting with whom?
we need more fighter ASAP, there is a lot of gap in the airspace and our fighter usage rates is very tremendous and quite worrisome. More delay and we will be left with none when the F-16C/D and Hawk 209/109 of our doing further MLU as scheduled.

That sound like problem that require either Viper (single engine) or Super Bug (twin engine) as solution

Sial amat kita. Dulu deal sama Mattis dah ada eh dia mundur. Skrg dah ngomong sama Esper eh dia dipecat :tsk::tsk::tsk:
Meeting with whom?
Austria Meeting ?
Yea, Austria meeting

from my perspective reduced time meeting for a negotiation indicates both parties agrees each other by principal, details can be communication in lower level, I hope I'm wrong

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom