What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Not like we afford to retire them earlier, as we are very lacking in platform itself
I get your point but at this point we're just talking about common sense finances here
You both are right. But since when our TNI making commonality as their priority? It only came this last couple of year or decade at the most. Years and years of having difficulty to maintain its readyness create budaya utk nerimo (dlm kesatuan) trus cri pendanaan off budget, Sounds familiar? Im not agree with it but it is what it is.

On the other note if we want to shift from Russian platform into European made there would be inevitable cost we are going to face sooner or later. So its matter on when we are going to deal with it.

How they gonna get thru with it in this difficult time? Idk, what I know is the govt. is committed to the def sector this time and even in a way "ngelibas" faction yg ada. In short there is minimal disagreemant inside the govt about the importance of def sector now thanks to China :D

“It’s an indication of how little folks in the U.S. government understand Indonesia,’ he told Reuters. “There’s a clear ceiling to what you can do, and when it comes to Indonesia that ceiling is putting boots on the ground.”
This is true specially with the "America First" policy, and its not just us, some of her close ally have experiencing the same thing.

They can't use the military bases in these 3 countries anymore or what?
I assume Malaysia and Philiphine should be on temp agreemant compare to Sing. But they still need us to cover larger ground.

Personally i was always promote neutrality stance . I don't care even the whole world are burn as long it isn't indonesia . But to preserve that stance we are need a mighty fist that we are not having . Not to mention chinese belligerence are starting to annoying and disruptive....
I don't know how we are going to cook this . Look and act neutral yet geared in all hell with big mace super ready to jump in and smash some heads in the thick of it the moment notice .

That is the ideal stand in my book as now

When and where these photos taken?
Was this SCS related?
Is this happen regularly or just "kunjung-kunjung" ?
Klo sekedar lagi ada kunjungan mah ga masuk itungan!
Somewhat regularly from what I've been told. P-8's and C-17's,

Could just be the government OFFICIALLY saying no to appease the local masses but behind the scenes, well 🤷‍♂️...

Could just be the government OFFICIALLY saying no to appease the local masses but behind the scenes, well 🤷‍♂️...
If they already get what they want, why bother to make it official?

Yes, but this time they asked for permanent refueling base

Define the permanent word please ....

It's kind of ambigious word there . They couldn't be dumb to not knowing about our loathing about the word of " foreign military "
Some sharing resources , logistic and intel i could understand but puting their men on the ground and create another of their " buble " without our supervision then it's a definitely no go

There is only so much " covered action " could be hide in the face of public scrutiny . Sooner or later some explanation had to be made .

There is only so much " covered action " could be hide in the face of public scrutiny . Sooner or later some explanation had to be made .
I'm just saying from experience, it's not above our government to stretch things when it comes to scrutiny.

I'm just saying from experience, it's not above our government to stretch things when it comes to scrutiny.

I know that bruh .. but , it's just a different era nowadays . Different people with a different mindset and direr consequences . While this hush-hush agreement suit us perfectly just fine for now . It give us a limited option and chance to milk some benefit for a long term tangible profit too ..

😘😘

hamburger again
Nope, its just Austrian domestic politic. The commenting politician simply stated his concern over not having enough fighter planes if they sell all their Typhoon. The Indonesia side simply adding a spice for his narrative.

Define the permanent word please ....

It's kind of ambigious word there . They couldn't be dumb to not knowing about our loathing about the word of " foreign military "
Some sharing resources , logistic and intel i could understand but puting their men on the ground and create another of their " buble " without our supervision then it's a definitely no go

I try to simplify it. Think of it as the difference between schedule flight of a foreign airline from within our airport (ambil penumpang di tempat kita dgn jadwal tetap) vs making "transit" for re provision (fuel, catering service, etc) at our airport, or there is also option of having our airport as schedule destination of a foreign airline.

Nope, its just Austrian domestic politic. The commenting politician simply stated his concern over not having enough fighter planes if they sell all their Typhoon. The Indonesia side simply adding a spice for his narrative.

I try to simplify it. Think of it as the difference between schedule flight of a foreign airline from within our airport (ambil penumpang di tempat kita dgn jadwal tetap) vs making "transit" for re provision (fuel, catering service, etc) at our airport, or there is also option of having our airport as schedule destination of a foreign airline.

Well , we could always provide services , provision and whatnot if they are willing to pay handsomely and look away for once if things are demands it . but surely that coud only under our supervision and terms . Yes , they could put a team of liason officer on the ground but that's it . anymore than that ... The public simply won't accept it
Because cooperation were go both ways and benefit each other . We haven't receive anything substansial enough to justify our expenses

Well , we could always provide services , provision and whatnot if they are willing to pay handsomely and look away for once if things are demands it . but surely that coud only under our supervision and terms . Yes , they could put a team of liason officer on the ground but that's it . anymore than that ... The public simply won't accept it
Because cooperation were go both ways and benefit each other . We haven't receive anything substansial enough to justify our expenses

Not that's the concern, they want to based the squadron here in Indonesia soil and just recently Made official publication. It is like they don't paid any attention to Indonesian domestic politics condition to asking something like that to begin with. For starter that's kind of arrangements only bring disaster kinda like suicide mission for any ruling party in Indonesia, they should have known that, as they had bunch of local human intelligent and Indonesia political expert. And knowing that their request had been "rejected" publically since September but still Prabowo spent almost four days visit to the USA amid pandemic Covid and his very own birthday.

If you want to talking about conspiration theory, there is bunch to be talked here. It is more like the Indonesian and US government kinda Made some arrangements and the gesture published is for Win Win Solution and face saving

RI-Jepang Sepakat Kerja Sama Terkait Isu Laut China Selatan
pm-jepang-yoshihide-suga-bertemu-dengan-jokowi_169.jpeg

"Sehubungan dengan isu-isu regional, termasuk Korea Utara dan Laut Tiongkok Selatan, kami sepakat bahwa Jepang dan Indonesia akan bekerja sama secara erat," ucap Suga dalam bahasa Jepang yang telah diterjemahkan oleh penerjemah di Istana, dikutip dari siaran langsung Youtube Sekretariat Negara.

Is it gonna be as good as defence deal with Vietnam?
I hope so..

Prabowo Mulai Nego Awal 15 Eurofighter Austria, Diterima?
Muhammad Iqbal, CNBC Indonesia
NEWS

20 October 2020 17:37
Pertemuan antara Menteri Pertahanan RI Letnan Jenderal TNI (Purn) Prabowo Subianto dan Menteri Pertahanan Austria Klaudia Tanner (Dokumentasi Kronen Zeitung)

Foto: Pertemuan antara Menteri Pertahanan RI Letnan Jenderal TNI (Purn) Prabowo Subianto dan Menteri Pertahanan Austria Klaudia Tanner (Dokumentasi Kementerian Pertahanan Austria via Kronen Zeitung)
lg.php

Jakarta, CNBC Indonesia - Menteri Pertahanan Republik Austria Klaudia Tanner menerima kunjungan Menteri Pertahanan Republik Indonesia Letnan Jenderal TNI (Purn) Prabowo Subianto di kantor Kementerian Pertahanan Austria di Wina, Austria, Selasa (20/10/2020) waktu setempat. Pertemuan Tanner dan Prabowo bertujuan membicarakan rencana penjualan 15 unit jet tempur Eurofighter Typhoon milik Austria.

Seperti dilaporkan media terkemuka Austria Kronen Zeitung, pertemuan tadi pagi diawali oleh penghormatan militer dari militer Austria kepada Prabowo. Kemudian dilakukan pembicaraan selama sekitar dua jam terkait 15 unit jet tempur Eurofighter Typhoon.

"Hari saya dapat berbicara secara langsung dengan counterpart saya asal Indonesia untuk pertama kali. Kami membicarakan ketertarikan (Indonesia) membeli Eurofighter yang kami miliki," ujar Tanner.

"Ini merupakan titik awal untuk diskusi permulaan dalam level teknis," lanjutnya.

Seperti diketahui, pertemuan antara Tanner dan Prabowo menuai kritikan di Austria. Terbaru, Juru Bicara Partai Hijau David Stogmuller memberikan pernyataan.

"Harus diklarifikasi apakah tidak ada negara lain yang tertarik dengan Eurofighter," ujarnya seraya menyinggung masalah dugaan pelanggaran HAM yang membelit Prabowo.

Pekan lalu, kritik demi kritik juga dilayangkan partai oposisi pemerintah. Sebagai informasi, Tanner berasal dari Partai Rakyat Austria (OVP) selaku pemenang dalam pemilihan umum 2017 lalu.

Juru Bicara Bidang Pertahanan Partai NEOS (Das Neue Österreich und Liberales Forum) Douglas Hoyos mengkritik rencana Tanner menjual 15 jet tempur Eurofighter Typhoon.

lg.php

"Menjual Eurofighter Typhoon ke Indonesia bukanlah solusi untuk tuduhan korupsi seputar pembelian tersebut," ujarnya seperti dilansir salah satu media terkemuka di Austria, Der Standard, Minggu (18/10/2020).

Menurut dia, militer Austria akan berada dalam situasi sulit jika semua Eurofighter Typhoon dijual. Sebab, Austria telah meng-grounded sejumlah jet tempur lainnya, yaitu Saab 105 buatan Swedia.

"Selain itu, perlu dicermati apakah Indonesia merupakan mitra negosiasi yang cocok karena situasi hak asasi manusia setempat," kata Hoyos.

Juru Bicara Bidang Pertahanan Partai Kebebasan Austria (FPO) Reinhard Bosch menilai prospek kesepakatan antara kedua negara "sangat rendah" karena Austria membutuhkan persetujuan dari empat negara produsen Eurofighter Typhoon, yaitu Jerman, Inggris Raya, Italia, dan Spanyol. Tidak ketinggalan yang tak kalah penting adalah restu dari Amerika Serikat (AS) dan Airbus.

Pengawasan wilayah udara, menurut Bosch, akan terkendala jika penjualan Eurofighter Typhoon terwujud. Sebab, alternatif untuk jet-jet tempur itu harus segera disediakan pemerintah.

"Para ahli di kementerian harus menentukan jumlah hingga kemampuan apa yang diperlukan untuk memenuhi tugas dalam pengawasan wilayah udara," kata Bosch.

Terlepas dari dinamika yang ada, Presiden Austria Alexander van der Bellen meminta Tanner mempelajari apa yang diajukan Prabowo. "Merupakan tugas menteri pertahanan untuk memeriksa permintaan tersebut dengan cermat dan menarik kesimpulan yang sesuai," ujarnya kepada Der Standard.

(miq/miq)

Hhhmmmm....
Somehow I want him to be fail on this one..

Can someone please explain why Prabowo is so reluctant with buying newer models of the F-16 but with the
T R A N C H E O N E Eurofighters he's absolutely on board with the idea?

Is it because of the delivery time or what? I honestly can't understand why this option was even brought up...

Back
Top Bottom