What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

nvm , they're only available 2026 onwards ....
1603123393859.png

Just ask regular MiICA & Aster 30 for Iver and SAMPT (and maybe rafale too kalau kesampaian 🤪 ) for now. Just buy Mica NG when ready.
Their Canister is the same anyway...

Don't use tiger to take care lion problem, you may end up having lion and tiger problem, get yourself a fully loaded shotgun.

What you need is at least .375 H&H Mag + someone with a boar spear, or if your think your fast & stong enough, you can always opting for big game hunting crossbow rather than a rifle, but always keep that boar spear within reach

There is always Nigerian , Pakistan and India to fill the blanks, they keep pump up babies like no tomorrow. Even Indonesia people family nowadays is more wary to have Children more than one or two

But those countries ain't Japan. And a nation is more about the peoples and the political commonality that bound them together than its about land & water.

To have a good shotgun you need to found a good vendor, the problem is the vendor is either the friend of the Tiger or Lion in the first place!!! If you want to developing your own shotgun you need time and time is not our friend nowadays!!!

As I had stated before, what we truly need is ¥ "Yen Onok Duwit'e".

Aah ... The legendary adage of Seeing is believing .

As long its not Make Believe, because I'm done with anything from Sony

Prabowo Kunjungi Pentagon, Ini Sederet Kerja Sama yang Dijalin RI-AS
5f8e198e60c8d.jpeg

Dilansir dari siaran pers yang diterima Kompas.com, lawatan resmi ini merupakan bagian dari diplomasi pertahanan yang secara aktif dijalankan oleh Menhan RI dengan mitranya dari berbagai negara, termasuk AS yang merupakan salah satu mitra strategis RI.

Selain berbagi pandangan mengenai keamanan regional, prioritas pertahanan bilateral, dan akuisisi pertahanan, kedua Menhan secara khusus membahas pula mengenai upaya meningkatkan kegiatan kerja sama militer dan keamanan maritim.

Menhan RI juga mengapresiasi dukungan AS dalam upaya memodernisasi alutsista Indonesia.

Kunjungan Menhan Prabowo Subianto tercatat telah menghasilkan sejumlah kesepakatan penting, antara lain terkait kerja sama di bidang pendidikan dan pelatihan untuk taruna/kadet TNI di berbagai lembaga pendidikan militer di AS.
There is also interest among Indonesian defense establishments in F-15 Eagle heavy jet fighters and even the stealthy F-35 Lightning II jet fighter.

if US too "mendikte" in F35 operational, how about F15x?
Is it the same case?
If we choose full Rafale, is it become less possible for us to get JSF in the future?

There is request for three more fighter squadron to be fulfilled for MEF phase 3 actually, that's why in the past they planned 36 F16 V beside the Su 35 one to replace F 5 Tiger. But everything change as you can see

if US too "mendikte" in F35 operational, how about F15x?
Is it the same case?
If we choose full Rafale, is it become less possible for us to get JSF in the future?

This is what i've kinda been saying the past year, we start working on getting F-35's from now but only operate them by the late-2020's to 2030's especially now with the long backlog, even Singapore who got approved early this year for their purchase will only be receiving 4 of them in 2026. I mean it makes more sense to go with the F-16V since its a platform we're already familiar with but is just a more advanced version of it and buying F-16V means its can share the same armaments and sub-components stock from our existing F-16's and possible future F-35's (US advanced fighter), also the F-16V is still relevant for the next 1-2 decades since it has 4.5 gen avionics.

But if we have more money, I would argue we get both. Get both the F-16V and Rafale as our 4.5 gen stopgap for the 2020's, the F-16V can provide us with a familiar but more advanced platform that can improve our sortie rates and giving us experience with more advanced systems such as AESA radar and EW suites and meanwhile the Rafale can provide us with the diversification that we've been having with our Flanker fleet since French armaments and products stands out a bit differently from their NATO counterparts and they're more loose when it comes to embargo (remember, during East Timor crisis they only enforced the sanction for less than a year), the Rafale also has AESA and advanced EW suites in the form of the RBE-2AA and SPECTRA.

Also, having both F-16V and Rafale might provide us with a pathway to both the F-35 and the 6th gen Airbus FCAS.

This is what i've kinda been saying the past year, we start working on getting F-35's from now but only operate them by the late-2020's to 2030's especially now with the long backlog, even Singapore who got approved early this year for their purchase will only be receiving 4 of them in 2026. I mean it makes more sense to go with the F-16V since its a platform we're already familiar with but is just a more advanced version of it and buying F-16V means its can share the same armaments and sub-components stock from our existing F-16's and possible future F-35's (US advanced fighter), also the F-16V is still relevant for the next 1-2 decades since it has 4.5 gen avionics.

But if we have more money, I would argue we get both. Get both the F-16V and Rafale as our 4.5 gen stopgap for the 2020's, the F-16V can provide us with a familiar but more advanced platform that can improve our sortie rates and giving us experience with more advanced systems such as AESA radar and EW suites and meanwhile the Rafale can provide us with the diversification that we've been having with our Flanker fleet since French armaments and products stands out a bit differently from their NATO counterparts and they're more loose when it comes to embargo (remember, during East Timor crisis they only enforced the sanction for less than a year), the Rafale also has AESA and advanced EW suites in the form of the RBE-2AA and SPECTRA.

Also, having both F-16V and Rafale might provide us with a pathway to both the F-35 and the 6th gen Airbus FCAS.
That's not a bad idea.

How about selling our flanker?
Pros cons?

Better to use them as it is, until retired time. They can be used for several roles including bomb Trucks.
Wouldn't work, cost of introducing a platform such as the Rafale is going to eat up a ton of budget until it reaches IOC/FOC.

One existing platform has to go and I very much doubt it would be the F-16.

Better to use them as it is, until retired time. They can be used for several roles including bomb Trucks.

I doubt we would be able to afford a costly US-Russian-French ecosystem, we're not Egypt and we shouldn't follow Egypt either

It seems Procuring Rafale or Typhoon would be a dead sentence for our Flankers.

I doubt we would be able to afford a costly US-Russian-French ecosystem, we're not Egypt and we shouldn't follow Egypt either

Not like we afford to retire them earlier, as we are very lacking in platform itself

Back
Top Bottom