What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Naah , i'm just joking around .... 😀😀

But , in hindsight ... That is what prabowo are doing right now . Try to explain where we stand ( procuring some heavy equipment was part of the posturing too you know !! ) while hopely picking something or some benefit while at it ...
I'm betting my money on French products rn, apparently it isn't going well with US ones bahahah

"History does not repeat itself, but it rhymes."

Naah , i'm just joking around .... 😀😀

But , in hindsight ... That is what prabowo are doing right now . Try to explain where we stand ( procuring some heavy equipment was part of the posturing too you know !! ) while hopely picking something or some benefit while at it ...

All in all maintain our training and doctrinal regime modeled after them, keep as much as possible logistic issue between forces at the most minimum level by trying to getting rids standard equipment outside of their standard model, trying to modeling our C4ISR system after their standard model. Put in mind we don't take stance, but we just trying to be "Friendly Enough" so ours model and them is not much different after reform in near future.....

I'm betting my money on French products rn, apparently it isn't going well with US ones bahahah

Just take those gust of wind and kalajengking and be done with it!!

Be very careful with what you wish for .....

😀😀
All in all maintain our training and doctrinal regime modeled after them, keep as much as possible logistic issue between forces at the most minimum level by trying to getting rids standard equipment outside of their standard model, trying to modeling our C4ISR system after their standard model. Put in mind we don't take stance, but we just trying to be "Friendly Enough" so ours model and them is not much different after reform in near future.....

Gossh .... What a dragg . But , we do need that in the long run after all .

Sigh...

Yen ra nduwe duit ra usah akeh gaya ! melu matung nang SCS ae ora kok . Akeh njaluk'e...
Tapi , sik ....mlayu'e jo adoh2 yo . Sopo ngerti mbos anyar gelem nge'i kriditan . Ojo cemiwit . Ngono ae kok di gowo nang ati..
sabar tho lee...

😀😀

Be very careful with what you wish for .....

😀😀

Gossh .... What a dragg . But , we do need that in the long run after all .

Sigh...
Meleset-meleset juga paling elang gurun, topan, atau elang-singa itu, udah 13 tahun di formil biasa lah dibanting, santai aja..

PM Suga’s Indo-Pacific initiative is alarming for RI and region

Deputy Foreign Minister Mahendra Siregar rebuked Japan last Wednesday, just one day after Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga called President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo to explain his two-day visit to Jakarta, which will start tomorrow. During the telephone conversation, the prime minister, among others, briefed Jokowi about his Free and Open Indo-Pacific (FOIP) initiative. Mahendra complained that Japan, the world’s third-largest economy, had done almost nothing in the regional effort to beat the COVID-19 pandemic.

According to the Japanese Embassy’s official statement, during the 10-minute talk, PM Suga promoted his first diplomatic initiative. He also ensured Jokowi that his government “fully supports the ASEAN Outlook on the Indo-Pacific (AOIP)”. The ASEAN Outlook was initiated by Foreign Minister Retno LP Marsudi and later adopted by the regional trading bloc. There is no further explanation on what Japan will do to make the FOIP and AOIP platforms work in sync.

But as reported by international and Japanese media, the newly elected PM was very eager to accelerate realization of his FOIP agenda, which he inherits from his successor Shinzo Abe. It seems that Suga is confident that with the support of the United States and other major countries, it will be easier for him to persuade ASEAN members to join their front against China.

On Oct. 6, Suga opened a foreign ministerial meeting of four Indo-Pacific nations – Australia, India, Japan and the US, known as the Quad – in Tokyo. The Associated Press quoted Suga as saying that the FOIP security and economic initiative was more important than ever amid challenges from the coronavirus pandemic.

Apart from Japanese Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Australian Foreign Minister Marise Payne and Indian Minister of External Affairs Subrahmanyam Jaishankar were in attendance.

The four countries have their own problems with China, with Washington the fiercest in attacking Beijing. Australia, known as the US deputy sheriff in the Pacific, is also ready for a trade war with China, while India is embroiled in border conflicts with China.

However, Japan was very cautious by ending the Quad meeting without any joint statement.

Mahendra, while officiating the “Economic Dashboard: Japan-Indonesia Partnership Lounge” on Wednesday, questioned Japan’s commitment to deepening the relationship with Indonesia.

Mahendra is a career diplomat who has held various key posts such as deputy finance minister, deputy trade minister, head of the Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM) and Indonesian ambassador to the US.

Knowing his vast experience as a bureaucrat and diplomat, Mahendra must be confident in his criticism and to some extent was representing the government’s growing impatience and frustration by the slow pace of Indonesia-Japan bilateral relations, especially during the pandemic.

As quoted by Kompas daily, Mahendra questioned the direction of the long-standing strategic partnership between Indonesia and Japan during the pandemic.

“The strategic relations, which are expected to become more prominent during the pandemic, are almost invisible,” he said.

“As if missing in action, there is nothing concrete in vaccine development in terms of expanding Indonesia’s capacity in the pharmaceutical and medicine industries. This is also happening with health equipment and the development of a travel corridor agreement,” said Mahendra.

Mahendra also criticized the Japanese government for being inactive as Japanese companies planned to relocate from China recently. There are only a few Japanese firms moving to Indonesia, which Mahendra said did not reflect the strong 60-year-old relationship between the two countries.

Gajah berkelahi dengan gajah, pelanduk mati di tengah (Elephants fight, mousedeer stampede to death in the middle), so goes the old Indonesian proverb. It may reflect the anxiety of people in Southeast Asia in the wake of the determination of Japan, the US, India and Australia to battle China in their own ways. The FOIP initiative ignores the livelihood of the 10 ASEAN members.

For Indonesia, the de facto leader and the largest member of ASEAN, the Quad plan is alarming. International media and scholars believe that ASEAN members are too scared to face China because of its economic and military might, although such a view is oversimplifying the current geopolitical landscape.

Before flying to Jakarta, PM Suga will meet with Vietnamese leaders. Hanoi, which holds a rotating ASEAN chair post, will host the East Asian Summit next month. It is very likely that Suga, in his first overseas trip as PM, would convince the two ASEAN countries on his FOIP initiative before meeting the rest of the ASEAN leaders. The annual East Asia Summit will also invite China, the US and other strategic partners of ASEAN, which this time around will be held virtually.

Indonesia and ASEAN have demanded the regional grouping to play a central role in the implementation of the AOIP, which is based on openness, transparency, inclusivity and respect for international law in enhancing mutual trust and benefit. ASEAN wants to change the rivalry into cooperation and turn a trust deficit into strategic trust.

The Quad’s version of Indo-Pacific cooperation is alarming for Indonesia and ASEAN. It will only generate more sources of security instability and political tension in the region at a time when Southeast Asian nations are preoccupied by the deadly pandemic.

Welcome to Jakarta, Prime Minister Suga. You visit the Japanese-constructed Jakarta MRT, but why don't you visit also Patimban seaport construction project in West Java, which is almost complete. The two strategic projects reflect the past, current and future cooperation between the two countries after all.

--

Oh wow...pretty firm stance and statement from Senior Diplomat. I was often wondering where all those good relations with Japan goes? I dont bother to lurk around as we were pretty close to sokor in the last decade and assume they dont like it too much. We all know Jpn and sokor relations down to their regular citien point of view. Tho I did smile when our navy join the exercise with them, I think its important to strengthen the regional diplomatic and strategic relation with regional powerhouse country specially Japan.

Love this quote!! :D

Yes for the gust of wind but maybe for kalajengking, idk why I like sweedish one better but it just my personal thing :cheers:

Yen ra nduwe duit ra usah akeh gaya ! melu matung nang SCS ae ora kok . Akeh njaluk'e...

lhooo..... menghina tenan. Khan mbayar isok ngawe duwit Yen ( ¥ ). "Yen Onok Duwit'e" :cheesy:
Oh wow...pretty firm stance and statement from Senior Diplomat. I was often wondering where all those good relations with Japan goes? I dont bother to lurk around as we were pretty close to sokor in the last decade and assume they dont like it too much. We all know Jpn and sokor relations down to their regular citien point of view.

I don't see it as having anything to do with Indonesia -South Korea bilateral relation, but more to Japanese attitude toward regional geopolitic as a whole. The Japanese of today isn't the same as those Japanese in the 80's - 90's. And also keep in mind that Japan may not even exist as a nation beyond this century. So far their policies has been geared toward getting more FX reserve than babies. And in the next 2 - 3 decades they may not have any.

Don't use tiger to take care lion problem, you may end up having lion and tiger problem, get yourself a fully loaded shotgun.
Having lion on your left and tiger on your right doesn't sounds good.

If there is quad military alliance, remember that we are not part of it.

lhooo..... menghina tenan. Khan mbayar isok ngawe duwit Yen ( ¥ ). "Yen Onok Duwit'e" :cheesy:

I don't see it as having anything to do with Indonesia -South Korea bilateral relation, but more to Japanese attitude toward regional geopolitic as a whole. The Japanese of today isn't the same as those Japanese in the 80's - 90's. And also keep in mind that Japan may not even exist as a nation beyond this century. So far their policies has been geared toward getting more FX reserve than babies. And in the next 2 - 3 decades they may not have any.

There is always Nigerian , Pakistan and India to fill the blanks, they keep pump up babies like no tomorrow. Even Indonesia people family nowadays is more wary to have Children more than one or two
Don't use tiger to take care lion problem, you may end up having lion and tiger problem, get yourself a fully loaded shotgun.
Having lion on your left and tiger on your right doesn't sounds good.

If there is quad military alliance, remember that we are not part of it.

To have a good shotgun you need to found a good vendor, the problem is the vendor is either the friend of the Tiger or Lion in the first place!!! If you want to developing your own shotgun you need time and time is not our friend nowadays!!!

For China Vs US geopolitical issues:

With the current condition, just stay on the 'bebas-aktif' doctrine/policy, unless one side can really offer something (especially in terms of economy & military) that can counteract the 'punishment' that our country will face from the other side if we finally have to take side

For example: can/would US &/ its allies cover for the loss of China's money here if they ask us to take a stronger gesture towards China (since it will potentially make China angry and hold/withdrawal some of its investment here)?

Meleset-meleset juga paling elang gurun, topan, atau elang-singa itu, udah 13 tahun di formil biasa lah dibanting, santai aja..

Like the old Formil saying when it comes to Indonesia arms procurement: just wait until the last lap/corner, semuanya bisa ditikung.

Atau lebih tepatnya mau udah MoU, mau udah TTD Kontrak, pokoknya alutsista baru terhitung dibeli ketika barangnya udah beneran nyampe sini :D

The quad (Tiger) is alarming for Indonesia and ASEAN.

Everyone is danger!! You are on your own!!
Btw, VL MICA NG now commercially available for order. If anything it is logically a sound idea to follow the route for our future Frigates to use VL MICA NG

Last edited:
Everyone is danger!! You are on your own!!
Btw, VL MICA NG now commercially available for order. If anything it is logically a sound idea to follow the route for our future Frigates to use VL MICA NG

And here i thought they allready starting to offering us since last year . I admit i wasn't paying much attention to it tho' . I guess wishing for ESSM was a litle to late by now isn't ....
2026 ?? I don't know if we could afford to wait that long ??

For China Vs US geopolitical issues:

With the current condition, just stay on the 'bebas-aktif' doctrine/policy, unless one side can really offer something (especially in terms of economy & military) that can counteract the 'punishment' that our country will face from the other side if we finally have to take side

For example: can/would US &/ its allies cover for the loss of China's money here if they ask us to take a stronger gesture towards China (since it will potentially make China angry and hold/withdrawal some of its investment here)?

Like the old Formil saying when it comes to Indonesia arms procurement: just wait until the last lap/corner, semuanya bisa ditikung.

Atau lebih tepatnya mau udah MoU, mau udah TTD Kontrak, pokoknya alutsista baru terhitung dibeli ketika barangnya udah beneran nyampe sini :D

Aah ... The legendary adage of Seeing is believing .

Gosh i wish those bastard could just keep their scuffle somewhere else and leave us in kumbaya alone but no , they have to fight it out right in front off our doorstep now . Just hope all our stake holder could start to see and understand the gravity of it .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom