What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

What i can said it is, Prabowo came in prepared and had many bargaining chips on his pocket. There is lot of negotiation, not that we can get everything what we want, but the other sides too want to secure many thing as possible as they can. Win Win Solution and every body smile at the end of time is important here. Prabowo spend a lot of resource to be able to flight directly to USA,surely he is not in the mood for pleasure visit LoL.
I second this.

By respecting the talk with US our dephan also not officially said that Austria, Germany, Turky, France as the next destination. But the intended "leak" by insider told us that he is going there anyway, now this can be seen as a msg to US that if both parties failed to reach an agreemant then he prolly going to take the business elsewhere.

Budget wise (for fighter) its prolly going to be USD 1.1 Bil (from SU-35 budget post) with additional extra budget this year from PLN. With Iver/Submarine big purchase over the horizon and possibly P8/Tanker/EWA as well in this last part of MEF, I have a wild guess that this year budget for fighter would be around USD 1.5 Bil. So the total should be around USD 2.6 bil give or take (keep in mind its a wild guess by looking at the last couple of year total budget approved for PLN & our past fighter purchase budget).

So what can we get from around USD 2 bil? What would be interesting to see is the PLN budget is for brand new fighters/assets, but can the PLN be used for all brand new avionics/engine for the upgraded use F-16 platform if the fighter it self is free? Its possible tho it doesnt change the fact that it will cost more politically domestic wise as there is a law preventing us to buy used def assets. Idk how the govt going to spin this politically. :D

I second this.

By respecting the talk with US our dephan also not officially said that Austria, Germany, Turky, France as the next destination. But the intended "leak" by insider told us that he is going there anyway, now this can be seen as a msg to US that if both parties failed to reach an agreemant then he prolly going to take the business elsewhere.

Budget wise (for fighter) its prolly going to be USD 1.1 Bil (from SU-35 budget post) with additional extra budget this year from PLN. With Iver/Submarine big purchase over the horizon and possibly P8/Tanker/EWA as well in this last part of MEF, I have a wild guess that this year budget for fighter would be around USD 1.5 Bil. So the total should be around USD 2.6 bil give or take (keep in mind its a wild guess by looking at the last couple of year total budget approved for PLN & our past fighter purchase budget).

So what can we get from around USD 2 bil? What would be interesting to see is the PLN budget is for brand new fighters/assets, but can the PLN be used for all brand new avionics/engine for the upgraded use F-16 platform if the fighter it self is free? Its possible tho it doesnt change the fact that it will cost more politically domestic wise as there is a law preventing us to buy used def assets. Idk how the govt going to spin this politically. :D

They Will not go for Baguette instead they prefer to take Rossbiff offer, this had been Made sure with the recent decision to keep more assets, delay retirement schedule and expanding policy of Menhan. The Hawk will be kept, UK will agree with Indonesia Austrian deals directly (this possible because all of the consortium member had giving green light tacitly ) well but it is from my source (i don't know if it is true or not but it is very plaussible).

For US trips they will go with FMS scheme for almost everything on the list, and too they want to make sure of our Direct commercial order of C130J in which had been left unattended by previous MoD after contract during his LM visit in the way back in 2018.

Last edited:
I second this.

With all this scare of chinese SCS intrusion and all of those Communism warung kopi talk ... All will be good ..noo problemmo

😎😎
What i can said is Prabowo want to order everything in bulks if possible. He is not fond with previous policy to order everything in batch of few

He is more fond to order everything by bulks if possible. The recent case of munition order and Maung, along with work for nine surface warships at once is the proof.

More credit to him then .... ☕☕

They Will not go for Baguette instead they prefer to take Rossbiff offer, this had been Made sure with the recent decision to keep more assets, delay retirement schedule and expanding policy of Menhan. The Hawk will be kept, UK will agree with Indonesia Austrian deals directly (this possible because all of the consortium member had giving green light tacitly ) well but it is from my source (i don't know if it is true or not but it is very plaussible).

For US trips they will go with FMS scheme for almost everything on the list, and too they want to make sure of our Direct commercial order of C130J in which had been left unattended by previous MoD after contract during his LM visit in the way back in 2018
Hmm.... to be honest idk why this typhoon been hangin around in the plan aside from frequent "murah bangettt" reason, seberapa murah idk. Its prolly related to the "follow up" deal that Im not aware of.

Retaining the hawk is going to be the issue. It wont be much of retaining but perhaps to let it die slowly from "kanibal" just like the F5E I assume.

OMG yea, the C130J!! It was part of the deal to balance the trade budget and greasing the caatsa with Mattis if Im not mistaken, geezz I forgot about that already :lol: Idk if we going to "honor" that hercules deal tho. But we still need it nevertheless so we'll see.

Hmm.... to be honest idk why this typhoon been hangin around in the plan aside from frequent "murah bangettt" reason, seberapa murah idk. Its prolly related to the "follow up" deal that Im not aware of.

Retaining the hawk is going to be the issue. It wont be much of retaining but perhaps to let it die slowly from "kanibal" just like the F5E I assume.

OMG yea, the C130J!! It was part of the deal to balance the trade budget and greasing the caatsa with Mattis if Im not mistaken, geezz I forgot about that already :lol: Idk if we going to "honor" that hercules deal tho. But we still need it nevertheless so we'll see.

They will conduct MLU on those Hawks and heavy maintenance for the Adour engine. In short the Hawks will be kept for another two or more decades

Heck even we are who closely working with the stakeholder is always being confused with the up and ante.
Chaotic and maddening was an understatement in +62 procurement process .
Understandable, have a nice day.

Also isn't bancakan is already kinda like a tradition?
hhvhgcyyyy.png

Last edited:
Konfirm, Prabowo akan Temui Tanner pada 20 Oktober Bahas Typhoon

15 Oktober 2020

Typhoon Angkatan Udara Austria (photo : Giorgio Varisco)

Menhan Prabowo Subianto akan kunjungi Austria bahas pesawat Eurofighter Typhoon
Menteri Pertahanan Indonesia Prabowo Subianto direncanakan bakal melakukan kunjungan ke Vienna, Austria pada 20 Oktober 2020.
Rencana kunjungan tersebut disampaikan dalam Surat Menteri Pertahanan tertanggal 8 Oktober 2020.
Surat itu merupakan surat balasan Menteri Pertahanan Indonesia Prabowo Subianto kepada Menteri Pertahanan Austria Klaudia Tanner mengenai wacana pembelian pesawat Eurofighter Typhoon bekas.
Prabowo dalam surat itu menjelaskan mengenai negaranya yang tengah melakukan pengadaan alat utama sistem persenjataan (Alutsista) untuk menjaga wilayah dan rakyat Indonesia sehingga Kementerian Pertahanan mengajukan penawaran untuk membeli pesawat Militer Austria itu.
Prabowo dalam surat itu juga mengajukan permintaan untuk bertemu dengan Klaudia Tanner pada 20 Oktober 2020 untuk membahas wacana pembelian pesawat itu.
"Saya yakin kerja sama pertahanan kita akan terus tumbuh dan berkembang," tutup surat itu.
Juru Bicara Menteri Pertahanan Dahnil Anzar Simanjuntak hingga kini tidak merespons saat ditanya mengenai rencana kunjungan Prabowo ke Austria.
Sebelumnya, Indonesia menyatakan ketertarikannya dengan pesawat tempur Eurofighter Typhoon bekas sebanyak 15 unit dari pemerintah Austria.
Rencana pembelian ini muncul dari beredarnya surat Menteri Pertahanan Prabowo Subianto kepada Menteri Pertahanan Austria Klaudia Tanner tertanggal 10 Juli 2020 lalu.
Dalam surat tersebut, Prabowo mengatakan 15 unit pesawat Eurofighter Typhoon yang dibeli Austria pada 2002 lalu untuk memenuhi kebutuhan militer Indonesia dalam melakukan modernisasi alat utama sistem persenjataan (alutsista).
Dia pun menjelaskan bahwa dirinya sangat terkesan dengan teknologi alutsista yang dimiliki oleh negara-negara Eropa.
Prabowo berharap dengan usulan rencana pembelian tersebut akan menguntungkan kedua negara.
Menanggapi surat tersebut, Menteri Pertahanan Austria menyambut baik ketertarikan Indonesia melalui surat balasan pada awal September.
Klaudia Tanner pun mengaku akan mengurus permasalahan legal terkait pembelian pesawat tersebut.
Namun Tanner mengingatkan Prabowo bahwa penjualan 15 Eurofighter Typhoon tidak mudah lantaran akan melibatkan sejumlah pihak.
Seperti dikutip pada laman Airbus, Eurofighter merupakan pesawat jet multifungsi paling modern.
Pesawat ini dilengkapi dengan dua mesin Eurojet EJ200 sehingga bisa menghasilkan daya dorong dan kemampuan manuver yang baik.
Airbus menyebut pesawat ini memiliki mode senyap dan juga dilengkapi radar AESA.
Austria sempat mengalami permasalahan terkaut pengadaan 15 unit pesawat tempur Eurofighter Typhoon 2003 lalu lantaran diwarnai masalah dugaan skandal suap.

Omfg REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1

Kemlu Mendorong Kerja Sama Pertahanan dalam Produksi Mortar antara PT. Pindad dan Carfil S.A. Brasov - Romania

16 Oktober 2020

Mortar Commando 60mm (photo : Carfil)

Dubes RI Bucharest didampingi oleh PF Ekonomi telah melaksanakan kunjungan kerja ke Brasov. Kunjungan dilakukan ke pabrik anak perusahaan ROMARM, CARFIL S.A., yang merupakan produsen mortir dan peralatan explosif dengan standarisasi NATO.

Dubes RI Bucharest disambut oleh Direktur CARFIL, Mircea Tantau, serta melakukan uji coba di shooting range untuk masing-masing senjata eksplosif. CARFIL memproduksi 2 (dua) produk unggulan, yaitu:

Amunisi pelontar granat RPG7 (photo : Reddit)

1. 60 MM Mortar, Commando Type, 2001 Model
Rumania merupakan salah satu produsen tipe mortar ini di dunia, di samping Rusia dan Amerika Serikat. Alat ini didesain spesial untuk angkatan darat, laut, dan udara.

2. RPG-7 (amunisi)
Memiliki efek ganda berupa high explosive (seperti bom) dan thermobaric (tekanan tinggi dan temperatur tinggi). Rumania menciptakan amunisi tersebut dengan 3 (tiga) fungsi: meledakkan, menghancurkan dan memberikan tekanan.

Melalui kunjungan ini, Dubes RI Bucharest mengharapkan terjalin kerja sama pertahanan berupa transfer of knowledge produksi mortar dengan PT. PINDAD.

(Kemlu)

I just remember, lover soldier like Theban Sacred bands, Carthage Sacred bands, Spartan and so on will fought ferociously in the battlefield. Thought, in the end they all being conquered by the more conservative society like the Roman Republic.

Hold on a secc there. Where TF did you read those? The Sparta is no where near "lover boys" same thing with the Roman, although not sure about the Theban or Athenians though. The relationship between a master & servant or mentor & pupil could be misinterpret as same sex relationship, but this is gross misinterpretation. Also keep in mind the same similar relationship pattern persist widely even in Medieval Europe lasting until the fading of feudal army in lieu of a standing army in the 16th - 17th century

Even that's the reason, a handful of F-35 would not only be very costly to purchase as Indonesia has to buy a totally new package of logistics support, software update and other stuffs that are only good for F-35A. Would an "deterrent effect" justify such spending?

The role for plane such as F35 isn't for actually delivering the strike paylload, but to act more as a forward controler for the rest of the strike package. Which mean we only need small amount of them. Here is an example of the concept albeit from ScaryBus rather than from LM

Didn't Indonesia actually sign a contract for additional ships with South Korea? I mean if Indonesian Navy wants a VLS, it basically rules out Nagapasa-class and German&Turkish submarines. I am not sure if Indonesia could afford anything that is with a VLS from the West.

There isn't any need for VLS capable sub. The only reason for the existence of sub VLS is to launch saturated cruise missile attack while retaining loaded torpedo tube at the same time. Even missile such as TLAM (UGM-109) can be launch from a standard torpedo tube.

Idk how the govt going to spin this politically. :D

By pouring more budget for "Buzzer Binaan isstana"

Indonesia eyeing Eurofighter Typhoon fighter jets
Defense minister due in Austria on Oct. 20 to finalize purchase plan of fighter jets
Erric Permana |15.10.2020

JAKARTA, Indonesia
Indonesia's defense minister is scheduled to visit Vienna, Austria, next Tuesday to discuss plans to purchase of Eurofighter Typhoon jets.
Prabowo Subianto conveyed his country's interest in the jets in a letter dated Oct. 8 to his Austrian counterpart Klaudia Tanner.
"I am sure our defense cooperation will continue to grow and develop," said Subianto, adding that the deal would benefit both countries.
Previously, Prabowo wrote a letter to Klaudia Tanner on July 10, expressing Jakarta's intention to buy 15 Eurofighter Typhoon fighter jets.
"We are in the middle of procuring vital defense equipment to protect our national territory and citizens, thus following up on our proposal regarding the Austrian Eurofighter jets," he said in the letter.
In September, Tanner officially responded to the request, welcoming the plan and promising that she would attend to the legal issues related to the sale.
However, Tanner underlined that the transaction would not be simple as it would involve many parties.
The Eurofighter Typhoon is an advanced swing-role fighter jet, equipped with two Eurojet EJ200 engines.

*Writing by Maria Elisa Hospita from Anadolu Agency's Indonesian-language service in Jakarta

Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form.

Yonif Raider 715

EkTEQ6dVkAAG_9n.jpeg
EkTEPmFU0AAiddk.jpeg
EkTEOzTUYAIGeWv.jpeg
EkTENyoU0AA_Apx.jpeg

Attachments

• EkTEPmFU0AAiddk.jpeg
    EkTEPmFU0AAiddk.jpeg
    285.4 KB · Views: 21
  • EkTEOzTUYAIGeWv.jpeg
    EkTEOzTUYAIGeWv.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 18
  • EkTENyoU0AA_Apx.jpeg
    EkTENyoU0AA_Apx.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 24
US$ 65 Billion for 14 years. Equitable I think.
Sales lokal: 🤑🤑🤑🤑
Defense minister due in Austria on Oct. 20 to finalize purchase plan of fighter jets
Erric Permana |15.10.2020

JAKARTA, Indonesia
Indonesia's defense minister is scheduled to visit Vienna, Austria, next Tuesday to discuss plans to purchase of Eurofighter Typhoon jets.
Prabowo Subianto conveyed his country's interest in the jets in a letter dated Oct. 8 to his Austrian counterpart Klaudia Tanner.
"I am sure our defense cooperation will continue to grow and develop," said Subianto, adding that the deal would benefit both countries.
Previously, Prabowo wrote a letter to Klaudia Tanner on July 10, expressing Jakarta's intention to buy 15 Eurofighter Typhoon fighter jets.
"We are in the middle of procuring vital defense equipment to protect our national territory and citizens, thus following up on our proposal regarding the Austrian Eurofighter jets," he said in the letter.
In September, Tanner officially responded to the request, welcoming the plan and promising that she would attend to the legal issues related to the sale.
However, Tanner underlined that the transaction would not be simple as it would involve many parties.
The Eurofighter Typhoon is an advanced swing-role fighter jet, equipped with two Eurojet EJ200 engines.

*Writing by Maria Elisa Hospita from Anadolu Agency's Indonesian-language service in Jakarta

Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form.

Well, at this point I just hope they integrate AIM9x and AMRAAM C7 to them before transfer it to us.

And some double seater as bonus If possible 🙃

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom