What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

i heard that the Erieye and Airbus Elta as for now still the favourable solution because we can buy 2 of them,we only can get 1 wedgetail with current budget.
Yeah, sadly that's one of the truth. We could get wedgetail if we played the price on FMS scheme

I mean if history has given us a benchmark, the Americans interned their entire Japanese population in World War 2. So who knows?

Racial profiling will never be fair and only an embodiment of our racial hatred.

Prefer Soviet solution though, to use such unstable population into penal and suicide Battalion

History teach many of the 5th column were not necessarily non natives.

upload_2020-8-4_22-49-23.png

upload_2020-8-4_22-44-55.png

Screenshot_2020-08-04-22-49-57-56.jpg
Apparently Anders Dahl who's saab manager just relocated his focus toward Philliphines not Indonesia anymore

Navy, Airforce, and Army forced MoD not to buy used weaponry
I think they may see the budget limitation but still trying to push forward. Tho the current ceiling is high I personally doubt in this Covid crisis it can go that high, thus making the used weaponary is viable option considering the growing unstable area up north. Tho I hope there wont be any used platform for our Navy.

It's essentially MinDef with Airbus and Saab vs. the Air Force with Boeing
Throw typhoon vs viper in the equation as well then things get more complicated.

Right now each matra and mindef is "formulating allocation" for PLN funding. That prolly why we seeing some purchase/acquisition plan news popping around including that 40bil+ avaiability ceiling etc. Tho I highly doubt it will go that high in this kind of pandemic situation.

If Airbus can create a nice package deal that involve decent amount of local content / work share then they might get both the deal on the MRTT and perhaps "future" typhoon upgrade (PTDI). That if we decided to get the typhoon, thus making this deal to push Airbus as the winner is prolly important for mindef. Both having to be linked perhaps, otherwise there wont be any benefit localy to sell the "pre-loved typhoon" project.

But hold on a sec, the F35 is getting cold but never underestimate the power of uncle sam diplomacy to involve Viper in the loop as they see AU prefer this platform. Looking back on track record on how the last used F16 project that "nikung" additional Sukhoi project at the last corner we can expect the unexpected. Tho today field is different their local support isnt as strong as before and Im feeling the resistance surround them already, but who knows? :usflag:

Tho typhoon plan is still strong, I do hope that we can get Viper instead. Yes our SKA 14 need air superiority airframe, and they already got 3 fighters from Makassar so perhaps they can wait abit more. Next year allocation perhaps? I honestly worry that there wont be any follow up plan to get more after we get those typhoon. Even the upgrade plan is still in the dark or at the very least not in the same package time frame which unease me even more. So seeing the situation and our not so good in planning track record I really do hope AU get what their wish for.

How about Rafale? Well, miracle do happen but for now it is too good to be true. :undecided::undecided:

But hold on a sec, the F35 is getting cold but never underestimate the power of uncle sam diplomacy to involve Viper in the loop as they see AU prefer this platform. Looking back on track record on how the last used F16 project that "nikung" additional Sukhoi project at the last corner we can expect the unexpected. Tho today field is different their local support isnt as strong as before and Im feeling the resistance surround them already, but who knows? :usflag:

Tho typhoon plan is still strong, I do hope that we can get Viper instead. Yes our SKA 14 need air superiority airframe, and they already got 3 fighters from Makassar so perhaps they can wait abit more. Next year allocation perhaps? I honestly worry that there wont be any follow up plan to get more after we get those typhoon. Even the upgrade plan is still in the dark or at the very least not in the same package time frame which unease me even more. So seeing the situation and our not so good in planning track record I really do hope AU get what their wish for.
But from falcon buluk saga, their local support was already low. But they still win.

Racial profiling will never be fair and only an embodiment of our racial hatred.

History teach many of the 5th column were not necessarily non natives.

View attachment 658516
View attachment 658512

Yeah, this pretty much sums up my earlier statement. I doubt the Chinese would be the first to join the 5th column. People were quick to forget that most KNIL and later PKI members werent Chinese or minority groups.

Gripen & erieye ?
Give up already?

Fansboynya gimana dong? :(

But why tho? Tho Indonesia hasnt shown interest for big ticket items from SAAB, it has purchased more SAAB products compared to the Philippines.

Just info for ya guys, apparently for tanker program there's such different view between the userr (Airforce) and MoD. Apparently Airforce pushed for KC-46 while MoD pushed for MRTT

If true, then this AU preference for the KC-46 over the MRTT is truly baffling... even RSAF, a very US centric airforce and former operator of KC135R, prefers the MRTT over KC-46... AU never operates B767s before, not even our civilian airliners does, neither is our existing MRO facilities equipped to handle it.. and even if it does, KC-46 is so very different from std B767s that it hardly matters.. KC-46 is basically a franken B767 with mishmashed parts taken from different variants of B767... and it still got issues today even after a long development time...

I really can't find the logic of why the AU is even interested in this plane...:disagree: if true that is...

But why tho? Tho Indonesia hasnt shown interest for big ticket items from SAAB, it has purchased more SAAB products compared to the Philippines.

Perhaps he is just moving to his new posting in the Philippines...? And a new manager will be coming to replace him here...?

If true, then this AU preference for the KC-46 over the MRTT is truly baffling... even RSAF, a very US centric airforce and former operator of KC135R, prefers the MRTT over KC-46... AU never operates B767s before, not even our civilian airliners does, neither is our existing MRO facilities equipped to handle it.. and even if it does, KC-46 is so very different from std B767s that it hardly matters.. KC-46 is basically a franken B767 with mishmashed parts taken from different variants of B767... and it still got issues today even after a long development time...

I really can't find the logic of why the AU is even interested in this plane...:disagree: if true that is...

Perhaps he is just moving to his new posting in the Philippines...? And a new manager will be coming to replace him here...?

There is also a possibility that the public/media will be outrage if they find out that the KC-46 use MCAS, people don't have good perception on that system.

And let's not forget even the MRTT originaly the one that won the tender for US tanker before Boeing lobby the senate and government.

Yeah, this pretty much sums up my earlier statement. I doubt the Chinese would be the first to join the 5th column. People were quick to forget that most KNIL and later PKI members werent Chinese or minority groups.
LOL we all know which group that will most likely to form the 5th column, but most people are either in denial or sympathise with them.

Welcome, Dassault Aviation & Naval Group!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom