What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

From where we will get next batch of NLAW, is they UK products instead of Sweden?
Ther marketing and aftersales will still avaible, but with much lower impact than before. Saab will reorganize their strategiy in here ince they made a comebacl

If true, then this AU preference for the KC-46 over the MRTT is truly baffling... even RSAF, a very US centric airforce and former operator of KC135R, prefers the MRTT over KC-46... AU never operates B767s before, not even our civilian airliners does, neither is our existing MRO facilities equipped to handle it.. and even if it does, KC-46 is so very different from std B767s that it hardly matters.. KC-46 is basically a franken B767 with mishmashed parts taken from different variants of B767... and it still got issues today even after a long development time...

I really can't find the logic of why the AU is even interested in this plane...:disagree: if true that is...
Indeed. I too found the previous comparative study of air-tanker released by TNI-AU to be baffling. Other than cost, it seems obvious that the A330 MRTT to be above the other two contenders (KC-46 & IL-78), but then the report chooses to throw in metrics that I found quite odd, like numbers of runway the A330 vs 767 can land in, I mean it's tanker aircraft at first with cargo as a secondary role. They also give the MRO point to 767, which I also find it to be strange.

Last edited:
I kinda disagree that some country are "friendly" and that we should be "friendly" to them just because, heck even go as far as specifically going for communist-leaning countries for "brotherhood" forget about that.

It will be a very naive thing to believe these people only went for good, i don't think so, just look at some simple fact about the NBA issue, China literally exported their censorship and thought policing on other country starting from the corporates by...surprise!...economic dependency. I really don't want a world policed by real world Orwellian big brother
Precisely if you're friend with everybody you're friend with nobody.

If China is the regular despotic shithole like Saudi Arabia we would have continue business as usual but china is now claiming part of our territory & there's a need for a strong response for it.

LOL we all know which group that will most likely to form the 5th column, but most people are either in denial or sympathise with them.

Welcome, Dassault Aviation & Naval Group!

If we indeed eventually buy 48 Rafales, which means we'll build all the needed Dassault infrastructures, it's only logical to aim for the Dassault's 6th gen fighter (that's planned to be rolled in 2040) for the future.

Last edited:
LOL we all know which group that will most likely to form the 5th column, but most people are either in denial or sympathise with them.

Look at the text, it's an LOI between MinDef and the French. Which means nothing.

PAL and Naval Group signed one a couple of years ago for the Scorpene and Gowind, and still nothing to this day.

https://www.naval-group.com/en/news...eration-to-address-indonesias-naval-projects/

What you would likely see in the coming months is articles like "PTDI in discussions with Dassault...", which doesn't mean anything unless the individual services actually want to order. Case in point was the A400M debacle, the MinDef wanted the Air Force to buy it but the Air Force didn't want to spend their budget on it, instead preferring C-130J's. So instead they reached a compromise with the Air Force supplying pilots while the operational budget would come from the SOE budget.

Never believe anything until actual money is involved gentlemen.

Last edited:
Indeed. I too found the previous comparative study of air-tanker released by TNI-AU to be baffling. Other than cost, it seems obvious that the A330 MRTT to be above the other two contenders (KC-46 & IL-78), but then the report chooses to throw in metrics that I found quite odd, like numbers of runway the A330 vs 767 can land in, I mean it's tanker aircraft at first with cargo as a secondary role. They also give the MRO point to 767, which I also find it to be strange.
It's mostly since the Air Force primarily operates Boeing and US made aircraft. As me and @Gen3115 have said before, the Air Force genuinely prefers American made.

The runway study is made for operational range considerations and factors in bases that they can operate out of in case a significant portion of airbases are bombed out in a hypothetical conflict.

Although I agree with everyone here, the MRTT is a better choice since for the most part it doesn't share the current issues plaguing the Pegasus program.

But from falcon buluk saga, their local support was already low. But they still win
LOL buluk saga....anyway this time is abit more and perhaps rather crucial as it might involve decission maker.

Oh man Ima have wet dream tonight :lol::lol:, viva spectra :D :dance3:

US Dept.of State calls out to Kemenlu RI on South China Sea.
We could really US supports regarding this dispute & MEF project
And the lobby start, they have one month. Lets see how they dance :crazy_pilot::crazy_pilot:

And the lobby start, they have one month. Lets see how they dance
Mark esper will come here next month?
Taunya sih kalau doi bakalan kesini dalam waktu dekat aja.

Today, Secretary of Defense Dr. Mark T. Esper spoke on the phone with his Indonesian counterpart, Minister of Defense Prabowo Subianto, to discuss U.S. and Indonesian military cooperation in the age of COVID-19. Secretary Esper and Minister Prabowo discussed maritime security, defense acquisitions, and military exercises. Both the Secretary and Minister Prabowo conveyed their desire to meet in-person soon.
https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Re...mark-t-espers-phone-call-with-indonesian-min/

The fate of Osprey will be clear, I hope our reporter will ngeyel asking about that matter.

And I hope we can hear more information regarding other alutsista from US.

Last edited:
Look at the text, it's an LOI between MinDef and the French. Which means nothing.
Haha, I was being facetious due to the fact that Arman sounded so happy in his tweet :rolleyes:. Should've known it won't translate well over the screen.

PAL and Naval Group signed one a couple of years ago for the Scorpene and Gowind, and still nothing to this day.

https://www.naval-group.com/en/news...eration-to-address-indonesias-naval-projects/
I remember this. It strikes me as odd and out of place at the time.

Never believe anything until actual money is involved gentlemen.
Yeah, you can say that again! I won't believe it until the said items have arrived and painted with our registration number.

It's mostly since the Air Force primarily operates Boeing and US made aircraft. As me and @Gen3115 have said before, the Air Force genuinely prefers American made.
I get that, but how thick are the SME's within TNI-AU can be insisting on Pegasus with its known teething issues? When even THREE of the traditional U.S customers (RSAF, RAAF, & ROKAF) picked MRTT over the Pegasus. Our experience with Boeing in the past decade has only been with the narrow-bodied classic 737's, and I'm not sure how much of the similarity between that and the KC-46. We operated a 707, but that was ages ago.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom