What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Prototipe micro recon helicopter
Litbang Kopassus ( 2018 )
FB_IMG_15960792154266144.jpg
FB_IMG_15960792203071724.jpg
FB_IMG_15960792232867444.jpg
Credit to Lembaga Kajian Pertahanan Negara Strategis

It really doesnt make any sense. If they really want to add more MBT the most logical move would be to buy more leopard whether its new or used to avoid logistical nightmare.

Altay share many commonality with Leopard 2 though, their prototypes using Renk power pack and MTU engine, their cannon using L55 smooth bore Cannon. But i am more inclined to bought more Leopard 2 in this case

Altay share many commonality with Leopard 2 though, their prototypes using Renk power pack and MTU engine, their cannon using L55 smooth bore Cannon. But i am more inclined to bought more Leopard 2 in this case
Thats true, but i think their electronics and sub system is different tho since its majority developed indigenously by Turkish Aselsan.

But they can't use MTU engine and transmission anymore.

Do we gonna buy engine and transmission separately from another vendor and pindad will put them together, Then slap "karya anak bangsa" label on them?

The Altay is literally dead in the water as a result of Erdogan's shenanigans much like their T129 program. If we really do need more tanks just buy more from Germany. This plan makes absolutely ZERO sense.

I was thinking the same thing bro, then one obrolan di warung kopi lead to life cycle cost. To make things short we ended up agree that we better let the A/B upgraded the same way with our latest F16.
Nggak lah, yang program upgrade A/B itu lebih mumpuni Kok dari yang C/D, dari radar sama IFF nya aja udah keliatan.

We have the tendency to down grade it abit due to cost saving or perhaps to save something for someone:D:D
Hush, di mana2 pelicin itu nggak bisa di hindari, it just cost of doing business :D.

Isn't the $4-6 billion in the expected F-16V deal also include upgrade of our current F-16C/D to F-16V? Looking at other countries that acquired F-16V, it make sense though
God, I sure hope so. As someone else points out before, sensibility di negara kita itu often far & between.

Btw, should we yet again become the first-user?

a320neo_mil.png

The Altay is literally dead in the water as a result of Erdogan's shenanigans much like their T129 program. If we really do need more tanks just buy more from Germany. This plan makes absolutely ZERO sense.
South Korean tank is not an option?

lmao might as well buy that run-down Spanish stock of Leopard 2A4E

Nggak lah, yang program upgrade A/B itu lebih mumpuni Kok dari yang C/D, dari radar sama IFF nya aja udah keliatan.

Hush, di mana2 pelicin itu nggak bisa di hindari, it just cost of doing business :D.

God, I sure hope so. As someone else points out before, sensibility di negara kita itu often far & between.

Btw, should we yet again become the first-user?

View attachment 656948
Performance not good enough IMO, its' competitors have higher range

Back
Top Bottom