What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

memberdayakan industri lokal mereka
This. And giving the opportunity for local company to be able to develop and supply the subsystem.
Coba gitu kemhan buka tender kompetisi pengembangan chaft buat kapal, nanti liat berapa perusahaan yang ikut berpartisipasi, kasih duit pengembangan bagi yang berpartisipasi tapi yang masuk proses produksi masal cuman pemenang, bakal butuh sistem chaft untuk banyak kapal TNI dari kecil sampai besar, dari kombatan sampai support.

Their(australia) new ship will use locally made phased array radar and CMS.
For SK they develop the subsystem needed for KFX.
For us, PKR local content ? Only basic materials for ship construction itself? We able to build the ship here but not pushing for BUMN or swasta to develop the subsystem.

Shower LEN with lots of money to develop subsystem to be used in our future ship ( could be nav radar, EO sensor etc depends on their capability), order lots of said ship.
Pindad could be tasked to develop something like the softkill defense system.

Last edited:
@Chestnut @Gen3115 what are your take if we purchase used JASDF F15j's to be stopgap fighter while retiring SU series....?
Too old airframe and many of them haven't received MSIP programme, they're more like earlier F-15 A/B series. Better taking something from 309th maintenance depot Arizona than this, idk if F-15 C/D are made available but i've seen list of relatively not too old F-16 C/D Block 30/32 and few F-16 C/D Block 40/42

Too old airframe and many of them haven't received MSIP programme, they're more like earlier F-15 A/B series.
I read that there are 100 or so jets they're willing to let go, and the US will resell those in bargain price to a southeast asian countries, we could sent an inspection teams to pick units with the least flying hours, but yeah maybe that's just a crazy idea.

I read that there are 100 or so jets they're willing to let go, and the US will resell those in bargain price to a southeast asian countries, we could sent an inspection teams to pick units with the least flying hours, but yeah maybe that's just a crazy idea.
Too old for service, i'd rather US National Guards F-15 C/D but only if they're made available, probably undergo MLU to Eagle standard but even IMHO if we want something relatively affordable and in made available soon perhaps EDA ( idk if Trump administration would be as generous as Obama was ) or FMS on reserved F-16s in 309th Maintenance Depot Arizona ( The Boneyard )

Last edited:
Too old for service, i'd rather US National Guards F-15 C/D but only if they're made available, probably undergo MLU to Eagle standard but even IMHO if we want something relatively affordable and in made available soon perhaps EDA ( idk if Trump administration would be as generous as Obama was ) or FMS on reserved F-16s in 309th Maintenance Depot Arizona ( The Boneyard )
Still hard to be accepted by orang awam though.
"Sukhoi kok gantinya pespur bekasan"
And Jokowi already said to avoid procuring barang sekenan, so just forget that.
Go with brand new F15ex or Shornet.

@Chestnut @Gen3115 what are your take if we purchase used JASDF F15j's to be stopgap fighter while retiring SU series....?

Personally I wouldn't since the ones the Japanese are selling are the oldest ones that can't receive any upgrades. I wouldn't mind if we are able to take the F-15 with 'Japanese Super Interceptor'upgrades that has the APG-82 AESA with new mission computers and EW suites, but those ones aren't for sale. The airframe hours and capability on the older ones that are for sale are just not worth it, I would rather get F-16 Block 52's from the boneyard since those aren't actually that old and they were put in the boneyard simply because the USAF was standardizing to Block 50's with F-110 engines.

However if we do somehow get used F-15C's there maybe a role for them if the plan for dedicated interceptor squadrons for the Kohanudnas are true, since the F-15C's would make decent interceptors with their Mach 2.5 top speed and dedicated air superiority role, they could basically speed dash to an interception point if needed. But still I think getting anything from the 309th AMARG would be better since they actually have stuff with decent hours left.

@Nike @striver44 @Gen3115 @Kansel

How much you guys wanna bet that the whole Rafale deal has less to do with 'diversification' and more to do with Thales and MBDA sneaking Euros in Croissants at a meet and greet?

104865967_3394720993881971_7389313795106385719_n.jpg

Some people did say transaction with France & Netherlands satisfy all sides, Way more " flexible " than with US yet " cleaner " than with Russian & Chinese. Despite all that Rafale, Scorpene and Gowind offers are all questionable and the odd is really slow, i don't mind though on thales subsystems or MBDA missiles as well Nexter and Airbus products

@Nike @striver44 @Gen3115 @Kansel

How much you guys wanna bet that the whole Rafale deal has less to do with 'diversification' and more to do with Thales and MBDA sneaking Euros in Croissants at a meet and greet?
If I recall correctly thales has such brokering power that we do a re- bid for long range radar after leonardo won the tender few years ago

Some peoplws said PS is french lover. Also more like DCNS subs than CBG...

Not PS in particularly but our armed forces eventualy buy french stuff, Exocet, mica, panther, vab anoa, Caesar nexter,
Scorpene came in their mind coz want better deal in ToT

Back
Top Bottom