What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Can we say it's already confirmed that we're planning to operate a carrier in the near future. *cross fingers*

Nah it'd probably the F-35A version, from the rumors I'm hearing the F-35 is basically going to come in once they need to replace the F-16 eMLU's since by the time that thing needs to replaced it'd be a 30-40 year old airframe and might not be worth it getting them to the V standard and also because the F-35 is basically the natural upgrade path from the F-16 (I don't understand why some people assume KFX is the answer for this considering ROKAF themselves are going to have the KFX replace lower tier fighters like the F-4 and F-5 and have them alongside F-35's and F-15K's).

I just hope we get them at the right time since now is not the time yet and by that I mean getting the F-35's when the acquisition price gets lower (which they already are), lower CPFH costs, have most of the issues ironed out and most importantly for us to have infrastructure needed to have the F-35. Indonesia getting F-16V's and upgrading current F-16's is actually the preliminary step to the F-35, if you haven't noticed yet all of the current F-16 transitioning to F-35 operators are either latest F-16 operators (with some currently upgrading to V's as well) or are actually involved in the JSF program like a number of EU countries who have F-16AM/BM. So getting F-16V's in this case is necessary and is one of the steps before becoming an F-35 operator. We also can't repeat the same mistakes as we did during the Soekarno era where our MiG's had low readiness because of technological leap.

any info about our participation in RIMPAC???? we should not miss this one.

intermezzo, why we should just leave this flanker debacle altogether

Angola vs India spliting the two Su30 blood lines

"The problem is none of the Indian installed systems on the Su30MKI talk to each other. For example the Israeli Jammer on Indian Su30MKI will also jam the the Radar of it's own Jet cause both Russia & Israel being on the opposite side of the international collation refuse to provide India with source codes to solve this problem. The french navigation is not talking to the Russian Radar in the Jet & Israeli HUD is also doing the same''.

Nah it'd probably the F-35A version, from the rumors I'm hearing the F-35 is basically going to come in once they need to replace the F-16 eMLU's since by the time that thing needs to replaced it'd be a 30-40 year old airframe and might not be worth it getting them to the V standard and also because the F-35 is basically the natural upgrade path from the F-16 (I don't understand why some people assume KFX is the answer for this considering ROKAF themselves are going to have the KFX replace lower tier fighters like the F-4 and F-5 and have them alongside F-35's and F-15K's).

I just hope we get them at the right time since now is not the time yet and by that I mean getting the F-35's when the acquisition price gets lower (which they already are), lower CPFH costs, have most of the issues ironed out and most importantly for us to have infrastructure needed to have the F-35. Indonesia getting F-16V's and upgrading current F-16's is actually the preliminary step to the F-35, if you haven't noticed yet all of the current F-16 transitioning to F-35 operators are either latest F-16 operators (with some currently upgrading to V's as well) or are actually involved in the JSF program like a number of EU countries who have F-16AM/BM. So getting F-16V's in this case is necessary and is one of the steps before becoming an F-35 operator. We also can't repeat the same mistakes as we did during the Soekarno era where our MiG's had low readiness because of technological leap.
Are you sure we aren't gonna getting it now?
Wamenhan is lobbying F35 to replace flanker deal, not something else, any other US made jets are rarely mentioned. (Not even F15, meskipun seberapa pengennya gw sama itu jet, yg nyebut F15 cuma video ksau sekali itu aja)

"The problem is none of the Indian installed systems on the Su30MKI talk to each other. For example the Israeli Jammer on Indian Su30MKI will also jam the the Radar of it's own Jet cause both Russia & Israel being on the opposite side of the international collation refuse to provide India with source codes to solve this problem. The french navigation is not talking to the Russian Radar in the Jet & Israeli HUD is also doing the same''.
So It's like each of your body part have their own mind and they hate each other?
BIG LOL!!

...More like a display of the usual Indian incompetence, mismanagement and "sok tau" attitude rather than anything else... The Angolans are the lucky ones in this story..

I had an argument with two boomers about this...

They kept saying SCYTALYS is somehow going to magically datalink the F-16 and Su-27/30/35 together even though they can't answer my question of whether or not Russia and America will give you the source code for the radar data.

Again, boomers need to face the day of the pillow.

I had an argument with two boomers about this...

They kept saying SCYTALYS is somehow going to magically datalink the F-16 and Su-27/30/35 together even though they can't answer my question of whether or not Russia and America will give you the source code for the radar data.

Again, boomers need to face the day of the pillow.
it's obvious we will probably ditch sukhoi fleet sooner or later .

We're gonna end up being F-35 operator, believe me on this
if were gonna operate F35, what role would it fill ? replace the Flanker ? or F-16 ? or there is gonna be a whole new skuadron and role they gonna play ?

Back
Top Bottom