What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Izumi class recently being converted into an Aircraft carrier to accomodate F35B fighter. This Will be first Aircraft carrier of Japan after WW II.

To date actually Japan got several flat top platform, two Izumo class, two Hyuga class and three Osumi class with Izumo class Will served as dedicated aircraft carrier

Indonesia should looking at possibility to acquire such capability and thats Will increase the covering air defense radius area of the fleets. Means more flexible tactics we can adopt in any eventualities. Don't give me bullshit with reason we got many small island to serve as forward operating base, you should know it Will be cost prohibitive to maintain logistic operation to Made them as FOB and should we consider which Islands we need to base our forces from?

From logistic point of view to maintain a fleet of carrier arms such as Izumo class Will be more efficient compared to put an isolated Islands as FOB for Air Force units, such maintain the troops, carry logistic units for maintaining the platform, bringing electricity and fuel consumption not to mention money to fund fleets (either Ferry cargo ship or LST ) to do routine embark to resupply the units all must be calculated.

first of all is not isolated islands, but located on strategic position actually and for long time being ignored by central goverment until recent years they aware about the geographic location

i like your idea, but it might be very expensive to build now, if we're have the money, better to add quantity for LPD, heavy frigates or just build aaw destroyers first then we think about build LHD and aircraft carrier,

but the idea having aircraft carrier being more efficient and economical than having islands as FOB should be studied in comprehensive way, but as a military enthusiast who doesn't wanted we having it :D ?

Last edited:
CH-4B Rainbow
FB_IMG_15938367569434587.jpg
FB_IMG_15938367633754978.jpg
FB_IMG_15938367682303454.jpg
FB_IMG_15938367727375904.jpg

Izumi class recently being converted into an Aircraft carrier to accomodate F35B fighter. This Will be first Aircraft carrier of Japan after WW II.

To date actually Japan got several flat top platform, two Izumo class, two Hyuga class and three Osumi class with Izumo class Will served as dedicated aircraft carrier

Indonesia should looking at possibility to acquire such capability and thats Will increase the covering air defense radius area of the fleets. Means more flexible tactics we can adopt in any eventualities. Don't give me bullshit with reason we got many small island to serve as forward operating base, you should know it Will be cost prohibitive to maintain logistic operation to Made them as FOB and should we consider which Islands we need to base our forces from?

From logistic point of view to maintain a fleet of carrier arms such as Izumo class Will be more efficient compared to put an isolated Islands as FOB for Air Force units, such maintain the troops, carry logistic units for maintaining the platform, bringing electricity and fuel consumption not to mention money to fund fleets (either Ferry cargo ship or LST ) to do routine embark to resupply the units all must be calculated.
This concept about it is being discussed for OEF ( Optimum Essential Force ) post 2024. Idk about " aircraft carrier " but i suppose i've read someone mentioned DCNS Mistral Class, idk it's just rumour, the concept hasn't even finalised yet and we're still in MEF phase.

View attachment 647931 Some say this is regarding awacs procurement. Any info regarding this @Chestnut ?
award of contract usually mean this procurement have been through a tender process before , it's either AWACS or Tanker , i dont remember any aircraft procurement through a tender process in here other than both thing that i mentioned , but recent rumour kinda scream it was for Tanker .

Last edited:
Alman tweet did not mentioned if the manufacturer is foreign or local.

but is it really necessary though ? we've already got a few strategic air bases in very startegic location to cover all of our front lines. Natuna, Saumlaki, Manado, Kupang, Biak and Aceh, having airbases in these cities would provide us the cover we need.

This concept about it is being discussed for OEF ( Optimum Essential Force ) post 2024. Idk about " aircraft carrier " but i suppose i've read someone mentioned DCNS Mistral Class, idk it's just rumour, the concept hasn't even finalised yet and we're still in MEF phase.

I am only talking about eventualities in the next decade (if only war not erupted before then) as Indonesia become a large country with large dependence on foreign trade and economy largesse need more power to protect our interest, not to mention our shape as archipelagic country with area more larger than even European continent.

Nice idea.. but first we can start to develop or buy with tot LHD..

Izumo is LHD by nature, but with the availability of F35B we can use an LHD as pseudo carrier.
Nope, Izumo more Equivalents with America-class LHA Flight 0, because they both don't have a well deck. Unlike Wasp-class and America-class LHA Flight 1 which has a well deck

first of all is not isolated islands, but located on strategic position actually and for long time being ignored by central goverment until recent years they aware about the geographic location

i like your idea, but it might be very expensive to build now, if we're have the money, better to add quantity for LPD, heavy frigates or just build aaw destroyers first then we think about build LHD and aircraft carrier,

but the idea having aircraft carrier being more efficient and economical than having islands as FOB should be studied in comprehensive way, but as a military enthusiast who doesn't wanted we having it :D ?
Dont worry we already have designation for CV....
IMG-20200701-WA0022.jpg

Also this from 163 to 244....
IMG-20200629-WA0038.jpg

We have long planning.... :D
images.jpeg

iver class masuk kategori frigat atau destro di TNI AL!?
kalau Destro bakal ada KRI PAPUA dan KRI KALIMANTAN nih :)
tapi itu juga berarti jumblahnya tidak akan banyak....hiks

As replacement of KRI Ahmad Yani better if we stay naming it based on our national heroes, KRI Soedirman and KRI Urip soemihardjo Will be great

I think it Will be unconvincing when we named it based an island name just because we once have the only one destroyer in the past

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom