What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

We're getting a couple of MRTT that's for sure and indeed we're on the path as F-35 operator though recent article on indomiliter about F/A-18 Block III Super Hornet seems interesting
i thought the KC-46 were still their favorite choice due to airstrip compatibility .

from def studies :
FDI_3.png

FDI_1.png

FDI_2.png

as far as i remember PT.PAL does not have any assembly ground / drydock that can accomodate 244 meter long ship , the one that possesed such capability to built bulk carrier or ship more than 230+ meter long is PT.SMI(Samudra Marine Indonesia) in bojonegara .

Are we getting MRRT now? Or next MEF?
ga ada gaungnya...
Did i type " now " ???

i thought the KC-46 were still their favorite choice due to airstrip compatibility .

from def studies :
FDI_3.png

FDI_1.png

FDI_2.png

as far as i remember PT.PAL does not have any assembly ground / drydock that can accomodate 244 meter long ship , the one that possesed such capability to built bulk carrier or ship more than 230+ meter long is PT.SMI(Samudra Marine Indonesia) in bojonegara .
Try to break PT.DI Airbus lobby then you'll understand

PAL really need to upgrade their dry dock or build a new one to accommodate bigger ship.

from def studies :
FDI_3.png

FDI_1.png

FDI_2.png

244 m ship will be built in UAE maybe.

from def studies :
FDI_3.png

FDI_1.png

FDI_2.png

Did i type " now " ???

MRTT is better anyway. GMF is familiar with this type. And KC46 has a LOT of problem

I think 244m is a mistake. PAL IG account mention it at 163m.

Btw I just realized that PAL erased the post about MRSS earlier.

Covid-19: Indonesia's PTDI swings into the black but pandemic could dampen outlook
by Jon Grevatt

PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PTDI) – the country’s biggest defence-aerospace firm – has attributed an improvement in its financial performance to internal restructuring and streamlining.

The company said in its annual shareholders meeting on 26 June that it recorded net profits of the equivalent of USD10.6 million in fiscal year (FY) 2019 following losses of USD38.5 million one year earlier.

PTDI, which is wholly stated owned, added that the value of its sales in FY 2019 was USD260.9 million, an increase of nearly 15% over the USD227.7 million it recorded in FY 2018. In addition, PTDI said the value of contracts it secured in 2019 was USD130.8 million, a year-on-year increase of 5%.

fg_3212787-jdw-6706.jpg

Indonesia’s PT Dirgantara, which produces the CN-235 transport aircraft (pictured), has attributed profits in 2019 to its efforts to improve efficiencies. (Janes/Ridzwan Rahmat)

PTDI said its improved performance was the result of a “company transformation programme” through which it was pursuing “several strategic initiatives” to improve internal effectiveness and optimise operating processes.

The aim of these measures, it said, is to achieve enhanced efficiencies “while still increasing the acquisitions of contracts and sales”.

PTDI is partnered with several foreign equipment manufacturers on producing aircraft for the Indonesian armed forces and export customers.

Its most high-profile partnership is with Airbus with which PTDI produces fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft including the CN-235 medium transport aircraft, the NC-212 light transport aircraft, and NAS-332 Super Puma helicopters.

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/...o-the-black-but-pandemic-could-dampen-outlook

Civillian market aircraft is plumetting at alarming level only military division Will be prevail in near future, PT DI is known to be supplier of military type aircraft manufacturing center. They should focus on that for a while and tone down the development of civillian aircraft. Focusing on UAV department should be priority

I think 244m is a mistake. PAL IG account mention it at 163m.

Btw I just realized that PAL erased the post about MRSS earlier.
The post is deleted perhaps it's wrong information, because AFAIK UAE is seeking for LPH for their navy

from def studies :
FDI_3.png

FDI_1.png

FDI_2.png

Full link
https://indonesia.globalfdireports.com/interview/budiman-saleh/

Did i type " now " ???

well that sounds good then , since i support MRTT anyway , much more flexible and can be turned into whatever we want , they can even slap some AEW radar and equipment in the upper section of the plane and still retain Air Refueling capability .

So I just wanna clarify, the LHD is a deal right??? not just "interested'?????
IIRC, last time Senegal is interested with our KCR-60M
Senegal Minati Kapal Produksi PT PAL

until suddenly they switch to Piriou Shipyard for theri 60m patrol craft
Senegal Orders 3 Offshore Patrol Vessels From French Shipyard Piriou
Senegal-Orders-3-Offshore-Patrol-Vessels-from-French-Shipyard-Piriou-1.jpg
yeah it's still on "interest" stage , look what happened with anoa , the Saudi's choose Terrex instead ,we'd still not realizing there's already a challenger lurking behind, the ST.Engineering is literally our next door neigbour.

yeah it's still on "interest" stage , look what happened with anoa , the UAE choose Terrex instead .
I'm seriously in doubt, we hadn't had any experience constructing LHD, it's far more complex than an LPD, with it's dimension, hangar, elevator etc.....even with our experience constructing FPB-57s our first batch KCR- 60 had problems with it's design.

I'm seriously in doubt, we hadn't had any experience constructing LHD, it's far more complex than an LPD, with it's dimension, hangar, elevator etc.....even with our experience constructing FPB-57s our first batch KCR- 60 had problems with it's design.
the very first prototype based from STAR-50 (which is the largest ship pt pal ever build) does not possesed any hangar elevator , it's just a bulk carrier that getting their deck flatten and it's bridge moved into the right side of the ship , and if you see the curved back of the ship section , i even doubt if they possesed any well dock .

the very first prototype based from STAR-50 (which is the largest ship pt pal ever build) does not possesed any hangar elevator , it's just a bulk carrier that getting their deck flatten and it's bridge moved into the right side of the ship .
The one in the brochure is a redesigned one. Kinda remind me of Trieste class LHD,it'll be significantly complex once you add those flight facility and elevators. I'm not sure if a simple redesigned bulk carrier will attract tech savvy countries like the UAE.

so the latest procurement news is

1. 24 F16 V
2. 8 Apache AH 64 E
3. 8 Utility Naval Helicopter
4. 8 Attack Naval Helicopter
5. 2 Itver Huitveld class variant Frigate
6. 2 Martadinata Class Frigate
7. Batch of C 130 J Super Hercules
8. 2 local made OPV/Corvettes
9. Heavy Lift Helicopter for the Army
10. Heavy Lift Helicopter for the Air Force
11. Utility Helicopter for the Army
12. Utility Helicopter for the Air Force
13. Training Helicopter for the Navy
14. Training Helicopter for the Air Force
15. Next batch of Astros MLRS
16. Next batch of RM 70 Vampire MLRS
17. Grant of Scan Eagle UAV from United States
18. Batch of Elang Hitam domestic UAV
19. 2 Ocean Going Hydrographic surveillance vessels
20. Batch of 2 more KCR 60 (7th and 8th Ship)
21. 54 Amphib Transporter for the Marines Corps
22. 10 Amphibious Recce/armed Vehicles for the Marines Corps
23. ATGM for the Army
24. Next batch of Kaplan Medium Tank
25. Next batch of Komodo Recce/command vehicles
26. Next batch of Anoa APC for mechanized infantry brigades

any more not included in the list?

Back
Top Bottom