What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

yes, which is i agree. still had more teeth than PKR when the ship's launched

well the rumors kinda similiar to this, which is yeah it's almost right. I've heard rumors that the mk41 would be filled with ASROC, latest sm2 or at least sm-3(which also rumored that had been mentioned for future DDG)
View attachment 642343
the MK41 vls was "optional" i dont really put much hope on "optional" :cheesy:
102679840_10216919864365845_233780958158447157_n.jpg

from 330$ million martadinata to 370$million Iver is still a great deal , especially that oceangoing endurance , govt need to planned atleast 130-230$ million more , if they wanted to turn iver into pseudo destroyer .

from 330$ million martadinata to 370$million Iver is still a great deal , especially that oceangoing endurance , govt need to planned atleast 130-230$ million more , if they wanted to turn iver into pseudo destroyer .

ah, it's goin' to be frigate forever, ffbnw at its finest ofc. tapi masih banyak hal yg bisa diupgrade, ini masih minimum potentialnya

we should wait for the official release. I dont think the MoD will let this ship be a 6000 tonnes frigate with corvettes armament.
we have to be optimistic with our new MoD. we should appreciate the fact that they noticed the needs of larger ships in natuna and willing to adjust the plan to build this large frigate instead of going with original plan with more PKR. this shows that people in MoD are actually serious at handling this MEF thing. they saw the problem and they made evaluation to the plan. we can see this in several case such as F5 replacement, KFX/IFX, 2nd batch sub. Thats why I think they will do good in this project.

One must look on how much we spent on Martadinata class, and thats not included on the armament list like VL MICA, EXOCET blok 3 and Skyshield. We got a bargain deal with the Danish, Terma and Hensoldt

One must look on how much we spent on Martadinata class, and thats not included on the armament list like VL MICA, EXOCET blok 3 and Skyshield. We got a bargain deal with the Danish, Terma and Hensoldt
i agree, this is a greater deal than PKR REM which is far worse

we should wait for the official release. I dont think the MoD will let this ship be a 6000 tonnes frigate with corvettes armament.
we have to be optimistic with our new MoD. we should appreciate the fact that they noticed the needs of larger ships in natuna and willing to adjust the plan to build this large frigate instead of going with original plan with more PKR. this shows that people in MoD are actually serious at handling this MEF thing. they saw the problem and they made evaluation to the plan. we can see this in several case such as F5 replacement, KFX/IFX, 2nd batch sub. Thats why I think they will do good in this project.
:tup: lets hope for the best.
0d0.gif

Let's hope!

Bisa dielaborasi bantuan Amerika untuk Indonesia? Mungkin "Presence Operation" seperti di Malaysia?

Apa yang kami kerjakan dengan Indonesia adalah meningkatkan bantuan keamanan.
Misalnya, perihal alutsista, kami sedang berdiskusi untuk pengadaan helikopter Apache dan perlengkapan militer lainnya yang bisa meningkatkan keamanan maritim Indonesia. Soal latihan militer bersama, akan diperluas ke situasi-situasi yang lebih kompleks. Hal itu untuk meningkatkan kemampuan Indonesia dalam mengawasi dan menjaga wilayah perairan mereka (di Laut Cina Selatan).

https://dunia.tempo.co/read/1354144/eksklusif-janji-pentagon-ke-indonesia-soal-laut-cina-selatan

Light frigate or heavy frigate?
Discussion for additional apaches? Perhaps for navy needs? Or "tempo lalu" discussion?

let's compare it with french frigate aquitiane .
upload_2020-6-17_10-26-56.png

Aquitaine-class-armament-02b.jpg

if you see , it's not much that different (we even had better Sensor and electronic all around (TRS-4D AESA + Scanter 4603 vs HERAKLES + scanter 2001) , the one that make its difference is SCALP naval land attack cruise missile and CAPTAS , other than that pretty much the same , as for the MICA , i'm still waiting for the confirmation whether it will use dedicated VLS or Universal VLS such as SYLVER .

aside of that , iver had much more room for future upgrade compared to french fremm .

Last edited:
Maybe additional weapons would be introduced in the mid life modernization 15 years after the ships had been in service.

let's compare it with french frigate aquitiane .
View attachment 642365
Aquitaine-class-armament-02b.jpg

if you see , it's not much that different (we even had better Sensor and electronic all around (TRS-4D AESA + Scanter 4603 vs HERAKLES + scanter 2001) , the one that make its difference is SCALP naval land attack cruise missile and CAPTAS , other than that pretty much the same , as for the MICA , i'm still waiting for the confirmation whether it will use dedicated VLS or Universal VLS such as SYLVER .

aside of that , iver had much more room for future upgrade compared to french fremm .
French FREMM i think would be like Singapore's Formidable-class, but French FREMM still bigger and has standoff attack capability

i see so much widespread disappointment across indonesia military forum regarding iver huitfeldt loadout , they'd better wait for the official mockup to be showed in indo-defence (but don't hope to high) .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom