What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

the MK41 vls was "optional" i dont really put much hope on "optional" :cheesy:
102679840_10216919864365845_233780958158447157_n.jpg

from 330$ million martadinata to 370$million Iver is still a great deal , especially that oceangoing endurance , govt need to planned atleast 130-230$ million more , if they wanted to turn iver into pseudo destroyer .
It's kinda weird, because if you look at it closely they mention the option to use MK 41 VLS under the exocet. Which is on SSM section, And makes me think about rumours in the past about using MK41 VLS to accommodate ASROC+NSM for our "future heavy frigate"

how credible is alman btw??
well he predicted about terma and hensoldt right, i mean sometimes he's right sometimes he's not

i see so much widespread disappointment across indonesia military forum regarding iver huitfeldt loadout , they'd better wait for the official mockup to be showed in indo-defence (but don't hope to high) .
freaked out beyond any means ofc

indonesia are known to have weapon contract differentiate from that included on the ship procurement (makelar purpose) , remember when the first PKR10514 mockup come out with phalanx CIWS and front CIWS section are equipped with bofors ASW mortar instead of millenium 35mm .
PB100081.jpg

indonesia are known to have weapon contract differentiate from that included on the ship procurement (makelar purpose) , remember when the first PKR10514 mockup come out with phalanx CIWS and front CIWS section are equipped with bofors ASW mortar instead of millenium 35mm .
PB100081.jpg

Fitted for but not with at the best, you know what you can expect from 720 million US dollar for two ocean going capable warship ?

Just give me a budget for 720 million US dollar pership, and i can fitted it out with 32 VLS MK41, ASROC, 127 mm Leonardo gun, Millenium gun, ESSM, Captas, and NSM.

Instead of 16 (likely sylver vls) we should go for 8 cell mk41 with quadpacked ESSM.

Fitted for but not with at the best, you know what you can expect from 720 million US dollar for two ocean going capable warship ?

Just give me a budget for 720 million US dollar pership, and i can fitted it out with 32 VLS MK41, ASROC, 127 mm Leonardo gun, Millenium gun, ESSM, Captas, and NSM.
Looking at from Danish specs itself, you could get fully equipped iver only for US$340 million (excluded ToT i guess) but I'm kinda happy with the radar choice for our iver. Much more strong compared to Singaporean formidable

Looking at from Danish specs itself, you could get fully equipped iver only for US$340 million (excluded ToT i guess) but I'm kinda happy with the radar choice for our iver. Much more strong compared to Singaporean formidable
The Danish Iver-Huidtfelt is cheaper because the weapons fit-out isn't made by MBDA and THALES. European manufacturers are going to be noticeably more expensive then their US counterparts because of Economy of Scale.

The Danish Iver-Huidtfelt is cheaper because the weapons fit-out isn't made by MBDA and THALES. European manufacturers are going to be noticeably more expensive then their US counterparts because of Economy of Scale.

And then why not we just buy US product like the real iver + trs 4d it might be cheaper and get more arm quantity

Well this @A****H***** posting for Iver variant arms already made everyone went " insane " especially on Fb & Ig though i'm pretty much convinced the armaments would be what i and ltmaverick shared

And then why not we just buy US product like the real iver + trs 4d it might be cheaper and get more arm quantity
I don't know. Why do our politicians feel the need to award contracts to companies/countries that have less transparency in their dealings?

I don't know. Why do our politicians feel the need to award contracts to companies/countries that have less transparency in their dealings?

Beside embargo and rahasia negara is there anything else, technical reason perhaps?
Hope we get the best option for the weapons

Meanwhile we are debating about western vs eastern made aircraft, taiwan has got it vipers

1568465384-5d7ce1e8e826b.jpg

Taiwan's new F-16s to be equipped with advanced electronic warfare system
ALQ-256 system can directly interfere with enemy radars, render weapons useless
By Kelvin Chen, Taiwan News, Staff Writer
2020/06/17 16:42

An F-16 fighter jet (CNA photo)

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — The decision to equip Taiwan’s recently purchased F-16V fighters with an advanced electronic warfare system was finalized a few days ago.

All of Taiwan's F-16 C/D block 70 (Viper) fighters will be equipped with the L3 Harris ALQ-256 electric warfare system, CNA reported. The U.S. previously agreed to sell Taiwan 66 F-16 fighters last August to boost the island nation’s air defense capabilities amid an increasing Chinese threat.

Military expert Mei Fu-hsing (梅復興) on Tuesday (June 16) pointed out on Facebook that in recent years, Taiwan has often been a “trail-blazing pioneer” in terms of military technology selection and utilization — and sometimes even ahead of the U.S. For instance, Taiwan selected the ALQ-256 system before the U.S. Air Force decided which system to use, Mei stated.

According to Up Media, those familiar with the matter said the ALQ-256 is an upgraded version of the AN/ALQ-211 A(V)4 system. In addition to a reduction in size and weight, this new system has improved navigation, tracking and calibration, electronic countermeasures, and other functions.

It can directly interfere with enemy radars and render weapons uncontrollable. After more precision testing, the system can later be integrated with the AN/APG-83 AESA radar, which F-16Vs are already fitted with.

Mei said that after selecting the ALQ-256 system for its F-16s, Taiwan has officially been involved in the technological and follow-up development of three major U.S. aerial electronic warfare systems.

Back
Top Bottom