What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Still curious from past to this time, how if we use so many american made aircraft and some shit hit fan (political turmoil etc) and we get emabargoed again? What we must do? Crash course buy russian again?

same thing we did during the 1999-2005 US embargo, just circumvent it through EU or other third parties to keep the jets flying

Happy Eid Mubarak everyone

Screenshot_20200524-115727.png

Eid Mubarak !

*sigh* no such thing as ASW radar because its defy the fundamental law of physic. Most radio wave band can't travel underwater, the only band that could travel underwater is ELF band even that is only use to queue sub to go to periscope depth so they could download message using either Sat or UHF

i mean no offense, but have you heard about this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air-to-Surface_Vessel_radar
https://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/asw.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASV_Mark_II_radar
but you gonna prolly said, "its not an ASW radar" which i disagree cuz some of em are multirole and could be described technically as an ASW radar due to their capabilities to Detect Sub even on periscope depth(that means it's already submerged) but ofc i agree on the radar couldn't detect submarine below that, that's why they use sunobuoys/MAD for better capabilities. but its ok if you don't kinda agree, agree to disagree. its stop there. might be another endless debate right there if we continue lmao

btw, Happy Eid Mubarak to All My Muslim Friends. May God Bless Ya'

same thing we did during the 1999-2005 US embargo, just circumvent it through EU or other third parties to keep the jets flying

Happy Eid Mubarak everyone
Agree on that, Even though EU kinda limit our ops even though they already lifted the embargo, it still do the job

m4andm16.jpg

anyway, i wanted to know how much commonality between ss1 and ss2 did anyone know how much apart of the magazine/ammo or maybe even the buttstock? b'cuz i heard that ss2 also resemble AR/m16 like for an example use of 'something single bolt' instead of FNC/SS1 'Double bolt thingy'

Last edited:
Eid Mubarak everyone! Minal aidin wal fa idzin.
In my own analysis, although I admit I dont have any knowledge on this, the source code is important in relation to IFF instrument which is the instrument to identify foe and friend. I suspect we cant program the IFF if we dont have the source code. So we have to stick with the US made IFF program since we use US made IFF in our fighter. This is the bold part that I have been mentioned in my previous post.

I dont have any doubt we can fire missile to Sukhoi or Chinese jet, but possibly there will be a problem in identifying and launching missile to US made fighter belong to Singapore/Malaysia/Australia. As we know, we use US made IFF in our F 16 and it is already a fix package for any one wanting to buy US fighter jet. And of course we need US permission to install our own made IFF (modifying the jet) like the case of Turkey. It will be the problem if US reject it.
That's not how IFF works. The fact that fighter jets often "buddy spike" each other to facilitate rendezvous, put an end to the claims. If circumstances are like what you describe, then there's no way a country like India would even entertain the idea of operating fleets of F-16 when their arch-enemy has been operating the same aircraft for decades. IFF is there to provide better situational awareness. It linked up to things like HUD, the situational awareness display, etc. IFF is not linked up the store management & weapon system, therefore it doesn't dictate what can/can't be released. The pilot always has the final say on it. From my understanding, the reason why some country insists on the IFF source-code is for them to be able to program their own cryptosystems. Moreover, if hypothetically hostile fighter jets deliberately penetrate our airspace, then most likely it will be operating under strictly emission control which mean with IFF turned off until first shot is fired.

Anyone know that Nam get license of Kh35, how can and also how they use South Korea engine to power their missile?. Btw are Russia easy to ask ToT or only for loyal customer?

Even they want engine license from korea, can we (better than reseach from zero) we take license for missile maybe ukraine? Or other country that can make missile engine? I think engine si vital

Anyone know that Nam get license of Kh35, how can and also how they use South Korea engine to power their missile?. Btw are Russia easy to ask ToT or only for loyal customer?

Even they want engine license from korea, can we (better than reseach from zero) we take license for missile maybe ukraine? Or other country that can make missile engine? I think engine si vital
It's not licensed, it's based on KH35 design

It's not licensed, it's based on KH35 design
They copy and change engine with korean ?
If copy, how they know ti make guidance? Likely we still struggle in material amd engine for rhan. Guidance research as i know we have done in petir

(Btw di ig nya itu diapus gegara kata vietdefense itu info rahasia, yg shrusnya ga dibocorin ke publik)

Last edited:
Construction Of Dutch & Belgian Future Frigates Could Be Further Delayed
The future frigate will be fitted with the new Above Water Warfare System (AWWS) suite by Thales. will consist of a new generation of sensors, coupled with intelligent software that continuously calculates which actions are best suited to tackle each threat detected by radar and other sensors in the right manner. This maximizes the chance of survival, while the crew stays in control.

This system uses the latest sensor technology from Thales to detect and monitor all above-water threats, including the next-generation, fully digital dual-band X/S radar suite: an integral combination of Active Phased Array Radar (APAR) and Sea Master 400 radar technologies.
https://www.navalnews.com/naval-new...ian-future-frigates-could-be-further-delayed/

Apar + SM400 sounds good.
Kabar burung buat radar frigate baru udah keluar, tapi yang buat misil belum ada ya?

57 mm naval gun from Russian will come. Parchim class using the same caliber right?

It seems Indonesia really need to reverse engineering big cannon for Naval and land system use while looking at our defense project

Alman said Indonesian defense SOE working group with a foreign shipyard on Indonesian future submarine requirement stalled,

Golcuk, tkms, naval-group?

John Cockerill Defense's PWS Gen 2 completes trials

Belgium’s John Cockerill Defense (previously CMI Defence) has confirmed that its private venture Protected Weapon Station Generation 2 (PWS Gen 2) finished trials in late 2019 and is now at Technology Readiness Level 7 (TRL 7), meaning it is an operationally demonstrated prototype.

According to Simon Haye, chief marketing officer at John Cockerill Defense, “The PWS Gen 2 has now undergone successful firing trials integrated onto a French Arquus Vehicule de l’Avant Blinde [VAB] 6×6 Mk 3 armoured personnel carrier [APC] [and] targets were successfully engaged while the platform was moving, followed by engagement of moving targets while the platform was moving.”

During these trials, the PWS Gen 2 was armed with a Northrop Grumman Armament Systems (previously ATK) 25 mm M242 dual feed cannon with a 7.62 mm machine gun (MG) mounted co-axially to the left.

A John Cockerill Defense computerised fire control system (FCS), which includes a mast-mounted meteorological sensor, was coupled to a French SAFRAN stabilised roof-mounted panoramic sighting system with day/thermal channels and an eye-safe laser rangefinder.

fg_2660622-idr-4702.jpg
The latest PWS Gen 2 was shown as a full-scale mock-up at the 2018 Eurosatory exhibition in Paris, and in late 2019 another full-scale mock-up was shown fitted to the latest Indonesian PT Pindad Komodo 4×4 APC. The system was demonstrated at the 2019 Bushmaster User Conference in the United States, installed on an Oshkosh Defense M-ATV 4×4 platform.

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/news-detail/2020/05/19/e2249f6e-f9c3-4f77-b878-0639dfdb53da

This good choice for our light armored vehicles

Back
Top Bottom