What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

I'm just happy Pindad doesn't have the monopoly anymore. In fact if you invite more of them to build factories here you'd see prices go down across the board. It's not like it's a bad thing, more factories = more jobs. The only reason the government held on to the state monopoly for the longest time is to just maximize money in their pockets.

I had a deep impression of particular id back in the kaskus, dated back in 2010/2011. He/She type will be glad to put and waving PRC flag if they came in forces to Indonesia in the harbour. Well, their conviction still exist till today, such traitorous nature indeed.

Who said that? Is he/she here?

Last edited:

I'm just happy Pindad doesn't have the monopoly anymore. In fact if you invite more of them to build factories here you'd see prices go down across the board. It's not like it's a bad thing, more factories = more jobs. The only reason the government held on to the state monopoly for the longest time is to just maximize money in their pockets.
Couldn't agree more m8, i hope there will be another foreign companies like Boeing or Lockheed. We should ask them to build their factories in here. Even MRO facilities would do very good things

Couldn't agree more m8, i hope there will be another foreign companies like Boeing or Lockheed. We should ask them to build their factories in here. Even MRO facilities would do very good things

It is a tall order for Boeing, Lockheed and Raytheon , as they will keep critical industry at home. But trying to invite will not bring harm surely.

But actually i prefer to invite the maker of parts and sub components supplier to invest in Indonesia. The like of Rolls royce engine maker and General Electric, MTU friedric sachcen, Siemt pielstik naval engine, Thales and MBDA, or Leonardo is more important

This reminded me, awhile ago whilst I was still in the industry the Marines were planning on looking around for an MRAP for the MEF IV phase.

The Finnish military just recently accepted the Protolab MiSu MRAP to hopefully replace their Sisu Pasi APC's. Good thing about them is that not only are they amphibious, they're a highly modular platform and considering it's made in Finland, it would be a very cost effective and affordable platform.

https://www.protolab.fi/

Also, it's Finnish, so it's based.

This reminded me, awhile ago whilst I was still in the industry the Marines were planning on looking around for an MRAP for the MEF IV phase.

The Finnish military just recently accepted the Protolab MiSu MRAP to hopefully replace their Sisu Pasi APC's. Good thing about them is that not only are they amphibious, they're a highly modular platform and considering it's made in Finland, it would be a very cost effective and affordable platform.

https://www.protolab.fi/

Also, it's Finnish, so it's based.
They scrapped the idea? Or still looking for it?

Anyone can provide me some info regarding on Kornas project? Is the program restarted? And who's the contender?

Anyone can provide me some info regarding on Kornas project? Is the program restarted? And who's the contender?
im pretty sure due to current condition , not much discussion/talk about it happened in our mindef .

They scrapped the idea? Or still looking for it?

Beats me, probably someone here might know.

They should keep the idea alive. If I remember correctly, our Marine Corps didn't have widely used 4x4 multipurpose wheeled light armored vehicles, like Army with its Komodo, P2, Anoa, etc, or even Air Force with its Turangga, which creates a gap between its standard transport Truck and tracked APC.

Pilihan geser pasukannya dari truk tronton langsung loncat ke BTR/BMP/LVTP

EDIT: Eh lupa deng ada Jeep Korea tapi jumlahnya entah berapa dan kyknya gk pernah dipake buat latihan tempur

Last edited:
in 2012 or so US offering their used Humvee for marine corps, but it seems they not take it.

I think we should just stick to local made system in this case, if they want MRAP they should go for Turangga, if they want light apc, ILTV should be a choice, if they want all rounder Komodo all the way

South Korean seems fancy the possibility of operating Mini aircraft carrier , eventhough they dont have large ocean territory unlike certain Big archipelago country in the South

in 2012 or so US offering their used Humvee for marine corps, but it seems they not take it.

I think we should just stick to local made system in this case, if they want MRAP they should go for Turangga, if they want light apc, ILTV should be a choice, if they want all rounder Komodo all the way

Totally agree, our local defense industry is more than capable to produce 4x4 wheeled multipurpose LAV, hopefully the Marine will choose the same 4x4 that has been operated by the Army/AF

Anyway, Turangga is an APC not MRAP, it has the same protection level as Anoa (CMIIW)

Totally agree, our local defense industry is more than capable to produce 4x4 wheeled multipurpose LAV, hopefully the Marine will choose the same 4x4 that has been operated by the Army/AF

Anyway, Turangga is an APC not MRAP, it has the same protection level as Anoa (CMIIW)

Yes it is an APC, but it has MRAP characteristics (V Hull body). With its 400 HP engine it's still possible to up armored it until it reach 20 ton weight with 20 hp/ton power to weight ratio. Current Turangga is about 8,8 ton, ±3 ton lighter than Anoa.

Back
Top Bottom