What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Totally agree, our local defense industry is more than capable to produce 4x4 wheeled multipurpose LAV, hopefully the Marine will choose the same 4x4 that has been operated by the Army/AF

Anyway, Turangga is an APC not MRAP, it has the same protection level as Anoa (CMIIW)
in 2012 or so US offering their used Humvee for marine corps, but it seems they not take it.

I think we should just stick to local made system in this case, if they want MRAP they should go for Turangga, if they want light apc, ILTV should be a choice, if they want all rounder Komodo all the way

South Korean seems fancy the possibility of operating Mini aircraft carrier , eventhough they dont have large ocean territory unlike certain Big archipelago country in the South

IIRC they didn't take it nor were they looking for locally made vehicles due to wanting the MRAP having amphibious capability. That narrows it down to either the Protolab MiSu or the Russian Typhoon-K.

if it's only mrap, i think our local industries can develop and manufactur it, no need buying it from other country's or license build from foreign product, for me i like the israely wildcat mrap design, we could just "copy" the design

Attachments

• a08ff207407a149141431cac40fc290e.jpg
    a08ff207407a149141431cac40fc290e.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 21
Like I said, so far there's no amphibious capable MRAP available that is locally made, hence why they were looking abroad. If you can get Protolab or KAMAZ to agree to local production then whatever, but for the most part the military isn't going to wait for local companies to design, test, and retool their factories to produce a vehicle when one is already commercially available. Nationalism be damned.

Last edited:
Yup, sometimes it's better to just buy off-the-shelf weaponry, especially if you only want to buy it in small numbers

Kecuali kalau emang kebutuhan amphibious MRAP-nya udah kyk Anoa/Komodo yang ratusan jadi bisa nutup biaya RnD dan lini produksi baru

well, he's entitled to those opinions. The best we could do is just win the hearts and minds campaign on the ground rather than start a pointless social media blackout. It's better to just win the attention of those actually affected than those of outside observers.

Credit to Angkasa Review, there is info about Navy accepting shipments of large batch Komodo Armaments rifle

96943073_844045009422972_4906150432235061248_n.jpg
97008172_844021619425311_3768832032713474048_n.jpg
97101409_844021639425309_5071590270374510592_n.jpg

Hope they interested on the Eli gun the company offered, can be a good tandem on their Apc and patrol boats

I'm not following Komodo Armamanet news since they first appeared in our defense market

Are their products 100% made in Indonesia? Did they design their product by themselves?

I'm not following Komodo Armamanet news since they first appeared in our defense market

Are their products 100% made in Indonesia? Did they design their product by themselves?

They are made in Indonesia no doubt, but they are Tanfoglio licensed production units in Indonesia to capture ASEAN and Oceania market

kalo saya lihat dari database nato , komodo armament ini anak perusahaan nya Tanfoglio (itali) , berharap leonardo juga invest disini bikin anak perusahaan .
upload_2020-5-13_17-43-12.png

They are made in Indonesia no doubt, but they are Tanfoglio licensed production units in Indonesia to capture ASEAN and Oceania market
I see

Wonder how TNI feel about Komodo's rifle, I mean in terms of weight their rifle is more superior than SS-series: 30% lighter than SS2-V1 thanks to polymer material and skeletonized handguard

Back
Top Bottom