What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

btw did anyone know how airborne ASW radar works, can a modern one detect submarine below periscope depth?
is there really anti submarine radar ? i thought dipping sonar/variable depth sonar , droppable sonobuoy and MAD (Magnetic anomaly detector) is the common sensor to detect a submerged submarine .
img_6876crs.jpg

example of magnetic anomaly detector.
unless they were surfaced , they can be detected by airborne maritime surveillance radar .

is there really anti submarine radar ? i thought dipping sonar/variable depth sonar , droppable sonobuoy and MAD (Magnetic anomaly detector) is the common sensor to detect a submerged submarine .
img_6876crs.jpg

example of magnetic anomaly detector.
unless they were surfaced , they can be detected by airborne maritime surveillance radar .

they were available, ocean master 4000 in cn235 mpa could use the capabilities for asw. seaspray 7000e or similiar used on phil ASW wildcats. gannet asv mk19, its been there since ww2 tho.

https://www.sbir.gov/sbirsearch/detail/1606265

quoted from this:https://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/asw.htm
Nevertheless, the threat of radar detection is sufficient to keep the submarine submerged. Radar systems now used aboard U.S. Navy ASW aircraft include the AN/APS-115 (P-3C), AN/APS-124 (SH-60B), and AN/APS-137 (S-3B, some P-3Cs).

they were available, ocean master 4000 in cn235 mpa could use the capabilities for asw. seaspray 7000e or similiar used on phil ASW wildcats. gannet asv mk19, its been there since ww2 tho.

https://www.sbir.gov/sbirsearch/detail/1606265

quoted from this:https://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/asw.htm
Nevertheless, the threat of radar detection is sufficient to keep the submarine submerged. Radar systems now used aboard U.S. Navy ASW aircraft include the AN/APS-115 (P-3C), AN/APS-124 (SH-60B), and AN/APS-137 (S-3B, some P-3Cs).
yeah those are maritime surveillance radar, they only detect subs when they surfaced, thus the bold sentence that you posted .

yeah those are maritime surveillance radar, they only detect subs when they surfaced, thus the bold sentence that you posted .
but they also claimed that it could detect periscope depth sub/snorkel. many modern asw radar could do it tho. that's why i asked is there any more that could even go deeper tho.

Anyway i saw that from wikipedia or some other website, that in 2010 there's no graduation for cadet from any Indo mil(all branches) academy graduate or "Tidak ada lulusan dari Akmil." is anyone know what happened? apakah memang pada tahun 2006/7 tidak dibuka pendaftarannya? atau sudah diganti systemnya dari d3 atau sejenisnya menjadi D4?

oh yeah, i heard from a guy on twitter said that our cn-235 MPA are not in good condition, and about why the plane weren't in good condition, he said "tidak bisa merawat". is it true or not? it seems unlikely for me since 2007 TNI already procure cn-235 MPA, and operated many plane, like c-295 mpa, B737-2x9, fighter jet, etc. or the navy could operate another similiar plane in good condition.

but they also claimed that it could detect periscope depth sub/snorkel. many modern asw radar could do it tho. that's why i asked is there any more that could even go deeper tho.

Anyway i saw that from wikipedia or some other website, that in 2010 there's no graduation for cadet from any Indo mil(all branches) academy graduate or "Tidak ada lulusan dari Akmil." is anyone know what happened? apakah memang pada tahun 2006/7 tidak dibuka pendaftarannya? atau sudah diganti systemnya dari d3 atau sejenisnya menjadi D4?

oh yeah, i heard from a guy on twitter said that our cn-235 MPA are not in good condition, and about why the plane weren't in good condition, he said "tidak bisa merawat". is it true or not? it seems unlikely for me since 2007 TNI already procure cn-235 MPA, and operated many plane, like c-295 mpa, B737-2x9, fighter jet, etc. or the navy could operate another similiar plane in good condition.
Air force's MPA or navy?
Air force use CN 235 and 295 regularly.
If it's Navy, well just give Poseidon to the Air force.

Air force's MPA or navy?
Air force use CN 235 and 295 regularly.
If it's Navy, well just give Poseidon to the Air force.
He said, "all" but i believe there's no way, except we got embargoes or such.
cn.png
, should i post the link or full screenshot about it without censor or keep it like this?

Our cn235 mpa is quite new, with the recent addition is in may 2019 ...there is no way with guarantee still on the OeM bill they can be neglected

https://puspenerbal.tnial.mil.id/Ne...0-MPA-Sepanyol-masuk-jajaran-Puspenerbal.html
yeah like even we got c295 that just got in to the inventory last year, there's nowhere even like other aircraft would be unfit for service when cn235 are unfit for service. how's the flanker still flying when the cn235 grounded cuz lack of maintenance, that's some pure BS hahaha

I know The Navy is very fond of MBDA Exocet also we have no platform to operate this one yet i wonder what are we going to do with this ?
EXlSyNEUEAAG7w7.jpeg

strap it on one of our B737 surveiilance, make it quasi naval strike bomber
I don't like to be that one guy, but AFAIK our surveiller is not capable enough to carry weapon at all. Not even sonobuoy

Back
Top Bottom