What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

i wonder if we will strengthen defense cooperation in term of technology transfer with australia just like alman said in twitter , i hope sanca is not the end , australian made radar such as CEAFAR could actually arm our old ship such as sigam 9113 .

anyway the chinese LHD ship are smoking hot now
92608404_3252097394835473_7766222236142272512_n.jpg

Wish they can sink to the ground too

ok, it may sound a bit silly, could that be from Australian F-35 sonic boom that trying or experimenting with our air defence and their new toy capabilities!?
i know it sound to paranoid but who knows what our southern neighbour think, it's just like the israely do to the syrian by trolling them, the aussy could do the same and deliberately doing sonic boom to mocked our air defence
Lol
From the news the sound is only heard in area around south Jakarta, Bekasi and kab. Bogor, if its sonic boom why people doesn't hear the jet engine sound? If its krakatoa why people in Lampung doesn't hear any thing?
Jakarta is too far away from Krakatoa so I think small eruption won't be heard from there, but if krakatoa having a blast like in the past (1883) then the sound can be heard across Indonesia.
i wonder if we will strengthen defense cooperation in term of technology transfer with australia just like alman said in twitter , i hope sanca is not the end , australian made radar such as CEAFAR could actually arm our old ship such as sigam 9113 .

anyway the chinese LHD ship are smoking hot now
92608404_3252097394835473_7766222236142272512_n.jpg
Accident? The ship is almost completed.
48802986143_2148d4fdd9_o.jpg

Last edited:
ok, it may sound a bit silly, could that be from Australian F-35 sonic boom that trying or experimenting with our air defence and their new toy capabilities!?
i know it sound to paranoid but who knows what our southern neighbour think, it's just like the israely do to the syrian by trolling them, the aussy could do the same and deliberately doing sonic boom to mocked our air defence
there's other suspect , it could be a "Bolide" but no one reporting strange bright sky that night .

number of auto-cannons onboard
2x twin 40mm bofors
4x 20mm rheinmetall
Woah Multatuli, when was this video taken? I thought she's already 'dead'.
Does she still have its C4ISR capabilities? or is it time for our navy to buy a brand new Command ship? (PAL LPDs design will be a great choice)

number of auto-cannons onboard
2x twin 40mm bofors
4x 20mm rheinmetall
Wrong, she got:
- 2x twin V-11 M1939 37mm on the foredeck,
- 2x 70-K M1939 37mm beside the bridge,
- 2x 70-K M1939 37mm in front of the hangar.

so 6x 37mm gun of Soviet origin, not bofors & rheinmetall.

Woah Multatuli, when was this video taken? I thought she's already 'dead'.
Does she still have its C4ISR capabilities? or is it time for our navy to buy a brand new Command ship? (PAL LPDs design will be a great choice)
That's the original plans anyway (LPD with command capabilities), but that was before the navy urgent needs for hospital ship (the plan was for it to be built after completing KRI Semarang, but it turns out the following order is for the purpose built hospital), then maybe for the next LPD or perhaps they already change their mind on the matter, I don't know.

Last edited:
Wrong, she got:
- 2x twin V-11 M1939 37mm on the foredeck,
- 2x 70-K M1939 37mm beside the bridge,
- 2x 70-K M1939 37mm in front of the hangar.

so 6x 37mm gun of Soviet origin, not bofors & rheinmetall.

That's the original plans anyway (LPD with command capabilities), but that was before the navy urgent needs for hospital ship (the plan was for it to be built after completing KRI Semarang, but it turns out the following order is for the purpose built hospital), then maybe for the next LPD or perhaps they already change their mind on the matter, I don't know.

If I remember correctly, originally KRI Semarang is not built as a hospital ship, right? She was launched as a standard LPD but then converted as hospital ship due to 2019 Sulawesi Earthquake and Tsunami

If I remember correctly, originally KRI Semarang is not built as a hospital ship, right? She was launched as a standard LPD but then converted as hospital ship due to 2019 Sulawesi Earthquake and Tsunami
Correct, that's why the name is "Semarang" with "594" pennant number, both point to her original specs as amphibious ship, if she was meant to be hospital ship from the start then she would have gotten the name of some national hero doctor and pennant number in the 9xx series for auxiliary ship (like KRI Dr. Soeharso 990). Her medical facilities also comes in containerized modules (portable) instead of permanent room/facilities built into the ship.

Natural disaster that hit Lombok (twice), palu then banten all in a short span of time, no one gonna protest navy decision converting KRI Semarang and ordering new BRS ship, the public will support it.

Natural disaster that hit Lombok (twice), palu then banten all in a short span of time, no one gonna protest navy decision converting KRI Semarang and ordering new BRS ship, the public will support it.

Though i am always pondered why using LPD design as hospital ships need more spaces for beds and other supporting facilities like theater operating room, radiology units and so on, meanwhile LPD design had dedicated berthing and docking room space for Amphibious assault roles.

Lol
From the news the sound is only heard in area around south Jakarta, Bekasi and kab. Bogor, if its sonic boom why people doesn't hear the jet engine sound? If its krakatoa why people in Lampung doesn't hear any thing?
Jakarta is too far away from Krakatoa so I think small eruption won't be heard from there, but if krakatoa having a blast like in the past (1883) then the sound can be heard across Indonesia.

Accident? The ship is almost completed.
48802986143_2148d4fdd9_o.jpg

Regarding this one

Shit happen everywhere
But how you handle it, that's the most important thing.

The fire successfully put off in only half hour, and no fatalities.
Big applause for their Emergency Management System

There is No explosion or something like that, the fire put off in only half hour.
The damage categorized as minor.

And according to HDZH Shipyard, the delay will not long. Only 2 weeks delay at least, can be faster

This afternoon, the ash on the outside has been wiped clean and is being renovated. The cause of the fire is the foamed plastic box burned. It looks like only the smoke is big, no harm

PLN Type 075 LHD no. 1 burning - 20200411 - 8.jpg

Wish all the best

No helipad? How can they bring in Emergency patients?
I'm sure it could be modified easily with some engineering solution. that's not huge problem
even small FPB 57 nav iv could be equipped with helipad.

Back
Top Bottom