What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

I think we only bought a Kaplan license. which was fully designed and fully developed by Turkey.
AFAIK we develop it together with Turkey and we have the rights to export them, its tailored to fulfill TNI AD requirements suited for Indonesian soil.

i didn't see any strategic alliance with the Odense Maritime Technology, what happened with Iver plan , is this an old catalogue or latest one ?
Maybe it is still being handled by the guys in Jakarta, those guys in PAL have no authority yet to talk about the Iver, until its official.
I guess it's still on the acquiring green light phase for the ship and it's sub components (sensors, weapons etc), thus PAL is not included yet in the team, maybe later when already on the negotiation phase.

rnd? ammo? please give us a source. I think we only bought a Kaplan license. which was fully designed and fully developed by Turkey. Correct me if i'm wrong. ok if this is the LRIP phase. I am waiting for the contract value from the Philippines of course if we get it, so it becomes a little clearer. war strategy is certainly secret but for procurement, now this is an era of openness. I hope that all relevant institutions and policy makers are truly responsible for the use of public money. because like it or not, the majority of people are still not prosperous. not yet

Tell that to this guy , he is part of the designer team of Medium Tank. From scracth on paper he had share on how Medium tank would be look like until the freeze design right now. If you are New timer you can look on this very thread how Medium tank project commenced and all of the relevan news

And one thing, who are you and whats with your ego need to be golden spoonfed like a todler

If you are New timer you can look on this very thread how Medium tank project commenced and all of the relevan news
He/she can start from here.
He affirmed that Pindad would cooperate with Rheinmetall of Germany to produce tank ammunition, with FNSS of Turkey to develop medium-sized tanks, and also with Cockerill Maintenance & Ingenierie SA Defence (CMI) to produce 90mm and 105mm caliber turrets
Turkey and Indonesia have signed an agreement to jointly develop and produce a medium-weight tank, Turkey’s Undersecretary for Defense Industries announced

90 mm turret. ✓
105 mm turret. ✘

105 mm ammunition. ✓
120 mm ammunition. ✘

0897213d-13b5-4567-b17a-e43e0f693dd0.jpeg

Tell that to this guy , he is part of the designer team of Medium Tank. From scracth on paper he had share on how Medium tank would be look like until the freeze design right now. If you are New timer you can look on this very thread how Medium tank project commenced and all of the relevan news

And one thing, who are you and whats with your ego need to be golden spoonfed like a todler
And then who are you?!
Before there was an agreement, the Kaplan was already formed in such a form. why not be honest, Pindad has not been able to make it independently, therefore we are collaborating with Turkey, all the processes of TOT Submarines and LPD Korean / light frigate and our engineer were sent there. How do you think if it is not like that process. to be honest we still need help so we can measure the ability of the nation and not be overproud, and one more thing, who the hell are you?

And then who are you?!
Before there was an agreement, the Kaplan was already formed in such a form. why not be honest, Pindad has not been able to make it independently, therefore we are collaborating with Turkey, all the processes of TOT Submarines and LPD Korean / light frigate and our engineer were sent there. How do you think if it is not like that process. to be honest we still need help so we can measure the ability of the nation and not be overproud, and one more thing, who the hell are you?

Wtf, you imbecile, acting so though you dont learn you dont read. You just acting on your presumption. There is no need to answer your EGO!!!

Yup, it is still in LRIP phase, harus berani buat nutupin biaya RnD

135 jt itu juga bisa jadi udah termasuk amunisi, sucad, biaya pelatihan, dsb-nya yang berarti harga per-unitnya lebih murah dari 135: 18 = 7,5 jt per-unit
Yup, it is still in LRIP phase, harus berani buat nutupin biaya RnD

135 jt itu juga bisa jadi udah termasuk amunisi, sucad, biaya pelatihan, dsb-nya yang berarti harga per-unitnya lebih murah dari 135: 18 = 7,5 jt per-unit
I just can't believe a presumption (bisa jadi) because you are an old member you do not accept if I refute your words. I searched in open source and what I found was that Kaplan was ready with such a design before there was an agreement with Indonesia, and you just gave the source an account and wow everything became clear. imbecile? lol why are you so angry. Sehat pak? hati-hati darah tinggi.

I just can't believe a presumption (bisa jadi) because you are an old member you do not accept if I refute your words. I searched in open source and what I found was that Kaplan was ready with such a design before there was an agreement with Indonesia, and you just gave the source an account and wow everything became clear. imbecile? lol why are you so angry. Sehat pak? hati-hati darah tinggi.
No there isn't. The Kaplan MT also known as the Modern Medium Weight Tank (MMWT) was specially made for Indonesia TNI-AD spec requirement from the drawing board. Make no mistake FNSS have launched several tracked armored vehicle with the name Kaplan. There was a youtube video interview with CEO of FNSS during Indo Defence stating that the Kaplan MT was develop together with PT Pindad and it was a new design to meet the needs and requirement of TNI-AD. I will try to find the video.

Windu Paramarta (chief design engineer PT Pindad and designer of Komodo 4x4) said in Formil Kaskus Facebook (he often commented regarding Medium Tank development news) that he and his Pindad colleagues have their own office in FNSS Turkey to assist in the design and development of the Kaplan MT.

You can ask him questions he will happily answer you even invite you to his office in Bandung to discuss the technical development of the Kaplan MT.

https://m.facebook.com/windu.paramart
https://www.instagram.com/winduparamarta/

Last edited:
The thing is... Symptoms of nCov could pass for something else... Like the flu.
You really need a proper "Nationwide Plan" to check those with such "Symptoms"...
And that will require Extra Funds/Management/Formation/Manpower etc...

Let's hope they start to check asap... We do not need another center of propagation.
Indonesia traces movements of Chinese tourist with coronavirus

JAKARTA (Reuters) - Indonesia is retracing the movements of a Chinese tourist diagnosed with coronavirus upon return from the resort island of Bali, a health ministry official said on Thursday.

The world’s fourth most populous country, with more than 260 million people, is a popular destination for Chinese visitors but has so far not recorded any cases.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-indonesia/indonesia-traces-movements-of-chinese-tourist-with-coronavirus-idUSKBN2070YC?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Reuters/worldNews+(Reuters+World+News)

Hm well, idk what to comment
Wish for the best.

What I want to make clear is
I think we only bought a Kaplan license
Not really.
which was fully designed and fully developed by Turkey.
We also involved in the development phase.
why not be honest, Pindad has not been able to make it independently, therefore we are collaborating with Turkey
Yes, we are collaborating with them and thus we are not only license build it.
all the processes of TOT Submarines and LPD Korean / light frigate and our engineer were sent there
Yes but we are not involved in the development phase. While the MT we are involved in the development phase to some extent.
Tldr, we are not only buy/get the license but also involved in the development process.

Old member or new member is not important, its about the contribution to the thread and the good and active discussion.

Indonesia traces movements of Chinese tourist with coronavirus

JAKARTA (Reuters) - Indonesia is retracing the movements of a Chinese tourist diagnosed with coronavirus upon return from the resort island of Bali, a health ministry official said on Thursday.

The world’s fourth most populous country, with more than 260 million people, is a popular destination for Chinese visitors but has so far not recorded any cases.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-indonesia/indonesia-traces-movements-of-chinese-tourist-with-coronavirus-idUSKBN2070YC?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Reuters/worldNews+(Reuters+World+News)

Hm well, idk what to comment
Wish for the best.

What I want to make clear is

Not really.

We also involved in the development phase.

Yes, we are collaborating with them and thus we are not only license build it.

Yes but we are not involved in the development phase. While the MT we are involved in the development phase to some extent.
Tldr, we are not only buy/get the license but also involved in the development process.
https://www.janes.com/article/65134/light-weight-low-profile-indodef16-d1
I agree if we are involved in the prototype development stage, but the rnd has been completed by Turkey and the design is ready. this makes sense and it's not wrong if I think pindad buys a license, because the design must have been patented by the manufacturer, right? business is business. if Turkey is very kind, we are given license rights or idk, that's another matter. at first I only questioned the price that seemed expensive and I accepted it if it was still in the LRIP phase. because we are not a rich country and many people are still poor. and I hope that policymakers are responsible for using public money carefully. because the value is trillions of rupiah. where is my fault? I am a taxpayer and you too. I have the right to question that.

I agree if we are involved in the prototype development stage, but the rnd has been completed by Turkey and the design is ready. this makes sense and it's not wrong if I think pindad buys a license, because the design must have been patented by the manufacturer, right? business is business. if Turkey is very kind, we are given license rights or idk, that's another matter. at first I only questioned the price that seemed expensive and I accepted it if it was still in the LRIP phase. because we are not a rich country and many people are still poor. and I hope that policymakers are responsible for using public money carefully. because the value is trillions of rupiah. where is my fault? I am a taxpayer and you too. I have the right to question that.
It seems you've made up your decision no matter how i and others try to explain it to you. Btw where in the Janes link you posted that the Kaplan MT design is ready before the agreement between Pindad and FNSS?

I posted Windu Paramarta Facebook and IG if you like to ask question to him directly.

Last edited:

this is from the very old news i found.
https://www.merdeka.com/uang/gandeng-turki-pindad-buat-medium-tank.html

Gandeng Turki, Pindad buat Medium Tank
Jumat, 4 Oktober 2013 15:49Reporter : Idris Rusadi Putra
gandeng-turki-pindad-buat-medium-tank.jpg

Gladi Bersih TNI. ©2012 Merdeka.com/imam buhori

Merdeka.com - Perusahaan pelat merah, PT Pindad menggandeng perusahaan Turki untuk membuat Medium Tank atau produk di bawah Leopard Heavy Tank. kerja sama ini tidak murni untuk bisnis, melainkan kerja sama antar pemerintah.

"Tank itu kita sedang buat medium tank. Ternyata jumlah medium tank dibutuhkan banyak juga. Kita dari dulu sudah mengembangkan tank dari supply rantai tank dan roda roda nya," ucap Direktur Perencanaan dan Pengembangan PT Pindad, Wahyu Utomo ketika ditemui di Monas, Jakarta, Jumat (4/10).

Namun, ada yang disayangkan dari kerja sama dengan Turki. Marketing Manajer PT Pindad, Sena Maulana tidak segan menyebut perusahaan Turki yang bekerja sama dengan Pindad dinilai belum ahli dan belum pernah membuat medium tank.

"Kita desain sendiri tank nya. Mereka (pemerintah RI) dengan Turki bekerja sama. Masih terjadi penjajakan. ini tidak memiliki kapabilitas yang kita harapkan. Kita ingin partner lebih jago dri tadi. Tapi ini pemerintah ke pemerintah," katanya.

Di samping pengembangan medium tank dengan Turki, BUMN persenjataan ini juga mengembangkan medium tank sendiri dengan nama SBS. Saat ini baru mengembangkan prototype nya.

"Daripada proyek dengan Turki masih diam, kita kembangkan sendiri namanya SBS. SBS sudah jalan sekarang. 2014 target sudah mulai bisa jalan jauh," tutupnya
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
there was this front mounted engine design before our designer decide to place the engine on the back
pengembangan-tank-pt-pindad.jpg

Medium%2BTank_Defense%2BStudies.JPG

Last edited:
It seems you've made up your decision no matter how i and others try to explain it to you. Btw where in the Janes link you posted that the Kaplan MT design is ready before the agreement between Pindad and FNSS?

I posted Windu Paramarta Facebook and IG if you like to ask question to him directly.
I do not understand why you have to attack personally. in the picture looks different only camo. just ask sir. if the answer or screenshot can be displayed here would be very good I think.
Screenshot_20200213-175229.png

I do not understand why you have to attack personally. in the picture looks different only camo. just ask sir. if the answer or screenshot can be displayed here would be very good I think.
View attachment 605434
Well i was just commenting on what you said. This is what you wrote:

"Before there was an agreement, the Kaplan was already formed in such a form."

Where in the Janes article said that? The pic from the Janes link was taken from Indo Defence 2016 two years after the Pindad & FNSS agreement signed at Indo Defence 2014.

View attachment 605434
that article have nowhere said they used already available design .

the rumour of LOI of the medium tank actually showed up in the last year of 2012 when the Kaskus Formil still become a reliable source of information about indonesia military program , the validation of that LOI project was then surfaced in local media in around 2013 , we've actually been gone through a major design changes before deciding the finalized design , which is the current kaplan now .

this is from the very old news i found.
https://www.merdeka.com/uang/gandeng-turki-pindad-buat-medium-tank.html

Gandeng Turki, Pindad buat Medium Tank
Jumat, 4 Oktober 2013 15:49Reporter : Idris Rusadi Putra
gandeng-turki-pindad-buat-medium-tank.jpg

Gladi Bersih TNI. ©2012 Merdeka.com/imam buhori

Merdeka.com - Perusahaan pelat merah, PT Pindad menggandeng perusahaan Turki untuk membuat Medium Tank atau produk di bawah Leopard Heavy Tank. kerja sama ini tidak murni untuk bisnis, melainkan kerja sama antar pemerintah.

"Tank itu kita sedang buat medium tank. Ternyata jumlah medium tank dibutuhkan banyak juga. Kita dari dulu sudah mengembangkan tank dari supply rantai tank dan roda roda nya," ucap Direktur Perencanaan dan Pengembangan PT Pindad, Wahyu Utomo ketika ditemui di Monas, Jakarta, Jumat (4/10).

Namun, ada yang disayangkan dari kerja sama dengan Turki. Marketing Manajer PT Pindad, Sena Maulana tidak segan menyebut perusahaan Turki yang bekerja sama dengan Pindad dinilai belum ahli dan belum pernah membuat medium tank.

"Kita desain sendiri tank nya. Mereka (pemerintah RI) dengan Turki bekerja sama. Masih terjadi penjajakan. ini tidak memiliki kapabilitas yang kita harapkan. Kita ingin partner lebih jago dri tadi. Tapi ini pemerintah ke pemerintah," katanya.

Di samping pengembangan medium tank dengan Turki, BUMN persenjataan ini juga mengembangkan medium tank sendiri dengan nama SBS. Saat ini baru mengembangkan prototype nya.

"Daripada proyek dengan Turki masih diam, kita kembangkan sendiri namanya SBS. SBS sudah jalan sekarang. 2014 target sudah mulai bisa jalan jauh," tutupnya
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
there was this front mounted engine design before our designer decide to place the engine on the back
pengembangan-tank-pt-pindad.jpg

Medium%2BTank_Defense%2BStudies.JPG
Ok2 tq brader
https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkey-indonesia-agree-to-develop-medium-weight-tank------82091
Turkish FNSS Defense Systems, the leading land combat systems company in Turkey, will provide job training to Indonesia’s state-owned PT Pindad for the medium-weight tank’s design and production.

The first prototype will be produced in Turkey with the participation of PT Pindand’s engineers and the second prototype will be produced in Indonesia by PT Pindad.
written like that. how you interpret is up to you

Back
Top Bottom