What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Singapore Airshow 2020: Indonesia prepares CN-235 gunship for first aerial firings
Key Points
  • Indonesian aerospace company PT Dirgantara has made progress on a gunship variant of its CN-235 aircraft
  • The variant will be marketed to potential customers, especially those in the Middle East and African regions
Indonesian state-owned aircraft manufacturer PT Dirgantara (PTDI) has completed ground firing trials on a gunship variant of the CN-235 twin-engine multipurpose aircraft, and is now preparing the airframe for its first aerial tests, Igan Satyawati, the company's vice president for business development and marketing, told Jane's at Singapore Airshow 2020.

The variant, which has been developed out of the company's flying test bed (FTB) airframe, is fitted with single-barrelled 30 mm DEFA 553 aircraft cannon on the portside aft of its fuselage.

The weapon was salvaged from a retired Douglas A-4H Skyhawk that was formerly in service with the Indonesian Air Force (Tentara Nasional Indonesia - Angkatan Udara: TNI-AU).

The FTB was formerly in service with the now defunct domestic flight operator, Merpati Nusantara Airlines. PTDI acquired the airframe as a platform from which it can prove out experimental concepts, such as the gunship variant.

It is equipped with General Electric (GE) CT7-9 turboprop engines and has been structurally enhanced to withstand the weight of its 30 mm cannon. The airframe has also been retrofitted with storage compartments to store equipment and munitions related to the weapon.

There are plans to incorporate hardpoints on the aircraft's wings and fuselage so it can carry additional weapons but this is not a priority at the moment, said the company.

"Now that ground-based firings from the aircraft have been completed, we are focused on preparing the parameters to test the aircraft and its [30 mm] weapon while it is in the air," sad Igan, adding that the company is aiming to conduct the flight trials by 2020.

https://www.janes.com/article/94279...pares-cn-235-gunship-for-first-aerial-firings

Ok2 tq brader
https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkey-indonesia-agree-to-develop-medium-weight-tank------82091
Turkish FNSS Defense Systems, the leading land combat systems company in Turkey, will provide job training to Indonesia’s state-owned PT Pindad for the medium-weight tank’s design and production.

The first prototype will be produced in Turkey with the participation of PT Pindand’s engineers and the second prototype will be produced in Indonesia by PT Pindad.
written like that. how you interpret is up to you
like other forumer here said , ask the Windu Pramarta the guy who design the finalized Kaplan schematic (some of the forumer here already post his IG account) , he would lovely tell you what work share does indonesian engineer got , it's quite funny , i still remember when he actually gone mad in some indonesian defense FB page when someone criticized his medium tank design have a bulky and wide front hull characteristic .

The FTB was formerly in service with the now defunct domestic flight operator, Merpati Nusantara Airlines. PTDI acquired the airframe as a platform from which it can prove out experimental concepts, such as the gunship variant.

https://www.janes.com/article/94279...pares-cn-235-gunship-for-first-aerial-firings
Afaik the FTB is a newly build platform and made its maiden flight last year. Again Janes made a mistake in its article.

like other forumer here said , ask the Windu Pramarta the guy who design the finalized Kaplan schematic (some of the forumer here already post his IG account) , he would lovely tell you what work share does indonesian engineer got , it's quite funny , i still remember when he actually gone mad in some indonesian defense FB page when someone criticized his medium tank design have a bulky and wide front hull characteristic .
Yup saw that too. Lol.

I once posted a screenshot here of his comment on what TNI-AD requirement for the Medium Tank.

Afaik the FTB is a newly build platform and made its maiden flight last year. Again Janes made a mistake in its article.

Yup saw that too. Lol.

I once posted a screenshot here of his comment on what TNI-AD requirement for the Medium Tank.

Yup saw that too. Lol.

I have replied to your comment, sir. just ask Mr. Windupramarta. if screenshots / answers from mr. windu can be shared here it will be very good. and can embarrass me :) and deny my source. from that source I made an interpretation.

I have replied to your comment, sir. just ask Mr. Windupramarta. if screenshots / answers from mr. windu can be shared here it will be very good. and can embarrass me :) and deny my source. from that source I made an interpretation.
You haven't even answered my question.

This is what you wrote:

"Before there was an agreement, the Kaplan was already formed in such a form."

Where in the Janes or Hurriyet article said that?

7077156_201808251108230478.png

https://m.facebook.com/groups/114049391991666?view=permalink&id=1610163132380277&refid=18&_ft_=qid.6594393307944024505:mf_story_key.1610163132380277:top_level_post_id.1610163132380277:tl_objid.1610163132380277:src.22:photo_id.10210728720482912&__tn__=*W-R&refsrc=https://m.facebook.com/login.php?ref=104&ref=104&_rdr

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200213-192658~01.jpg
1. There is spec requirements that need to be fulfilled, and thus need to develop the tank not just get license from existing tank and build it, though existing tank can be used as base model.
2. Feel free to discuss with the dude himself.

Are this is the design of Indonesian Medium Tank?

10707162_829063883800102_1763179505_n.jpg

credit to Windu Paramarta Instagram photo by @winduparamarta (windu paramarta) | Iconosquare

10665621_1540450226192835_113234454_n.jpg
Do you still remember what pic you posted here? Is it sbs tank?
Link dead

"Developed by Turkish defense contractor FNSS and Indonesian Pt Pindad" by anadolu agency
Information from Windu Paramarta (Designer & Sales Engineer PT Pindad) comment regarding the Pindad Medium Tank specification:

> STANAG 5
> Anti Mine Protection Level 3B & 4

https://m.facebook.com/groups/114049391991666?view=permalink&id=1386057498124176
I was a few hundreds pages back looking for your post. Lol

"Developed by Turkish defense contractor FNSS and Indonesian Pt Pindad" by anadolu agency

I was a few hundreds pages back looking for your post. Lol
Lol. I was lazy to search here so i search the screenshot in Formil thread.

Scroll up sir.
What? This?

"Turkish FNSS Defense Systems, the leading land combat systems company in Turkey, will provide job training to Indonesia’s state-owned PT Pindad for the medium-weight tank’s design and production."

^^ Lol. You said clearly that the design was already done before the Pindad & FNSS agreement. Where in the article? Providing a job training does not the mean the design is already done. The Kaplan MT was tailored design to meet specific TNI-AD requirement.

Did you even bother to look at the Windu Paramarta screenshot posted by me and Neko?

@Chaplin009x

Of course there is a job training for Pindad worker in order to build the second prototype in Pindad facility. And if FNSS also give job training for some Pindad personnel for design work it is also quite understandable as it may be part of the TOT since FNSS is partly owned by BAE system which has tremendous design capability.

Giving a job training on design work also doesnt suggest that the design is made entirely by Turkish. It is two different thing as job training IMO is on the TOT scheme. And it is clearly stated in any sources that the development is conducted by both Turkish and Indonesia. It is also very clear from the report that show the intellectual property is equal for both Indonesia and Turkish that suggests both parties are working together on the project.

What? This?

"Turkish FNSS Defense Systems, the leading land combat systems company in Turkey, will provide job training to Indonesia’s state-owned PT Pindad for the medium-weight tank’s design and production."

^^ Lol. You said clearly that the design was already done before the Pindad & FNSS agreement. Where in the article? Providing a job training does not the mean the design is already done. The Kaplan MT was tailored design to meet specific TNI-AD requirement.

Did you even bother to look at the Windu Paramarta screenshot posted by me and Neko?

What? This?

they already have a design and offer :). Indonesian side give "requirements", technical specifications etc. and they just adjust it. they "provide" job training and Indonesian engineers are sent to Turkey for the next stage which is my interpretation. I will not force you to agree with my opinion :) LOL LOL LOL seems I am a clown huh?

@Chaplin009x

Of course there is a job training for Pindad worker in order to build the second prototype in Pindad facility. And if FNSS also give job training for some Pindad personnel for design work it is also quite understandable as it may be part of the TOT since FNSS is partly owned by BAE system which has tremendous design capability.

Giving a job training on design work also doesnt suggest that the design is made entirely by Turkish. It is two different thing as job training IMO is on the TOT scheme. And it is clearly stated in any sources that the development is conducted by both Turkish and Indonesia. It is also very clear from the report that show the intellectual property is equal for both Indonesia and Turkish that suggests both parties are working together on the project.
Ok tq sir

Back
Top Bottom