What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

That's why, IMO, it's not necessary for an OPV to be equipped AShM/SAM/VLS (kecuali kalau ternyata TNI AL ngeliat OPV sebagai principal surface combatant juga ya)

Keep it simple dan bikin harga per-hull semurah mungkin jadi bisa diproduksi lebih banyak

Kalau sekilas dari senjatanya sih yg design Tesco punya firepower yg lebih gede malah dari DPN-Class
Btw i like your tweets. Interesting infos you've been sharing especially regarding original notes from 2010 on PKR 10514 share of works

Compared to the Navy, it was the Air force who are the weakest link in our armed forces actually. Lack of number, training facilities and even forward operation bases is very lacking along with lack of logistick to sustain prolonged deployment outside of core areas

Btw i like your tweets. Interesting infos you've been sharing especially regarding original notes from 2010 on PKR 10514 share of works

Thanks, unfortunately I am only able to find 2010's notes and we still don't know (officially) what happened after that, especially when the detailed MoU between Damen and PAL is not published

(Well, I only use or share open source info in all my tweets, obviously to spare me from any strange 'Black Avanza' or 'Abang Nasi Goreng' near my house:-):-))

Thanks, unfortunately I am only able to find 2010's notes and we still don't know (officially) what happened after that, especially when the detailed MoU between Damen and PAL is not published

(Well, I only use or share open source info in all my tweets, obviously to spare me from any strange 'Black Avanza' or 'Abang Nasi Goreng' near my house:-):-))

Nah, they recently being an abang gojeg instead , its more easy to blend

Hope there's a photo/video compilation for this.

If you guys pay attention on the left side there's pal LPH design

Screenshot_20200122-230406~2.png
PAL-1.jpg

PT PAL newest 90 meter OPV design. This design seems to be the one that will be proposed on OPV tender since it is the newest PT PAL official video. The ship look like using KCR 60 meter design.

Minute 0.47

Hope there's a photo/video compilation for this.

If you guys pay attention on the left side there's pal LPH design

That LPH design is based on PAL Star 50 ship. PT PAL has already offered that design since some years ago.

That LPH design is based on PAL Star 50 ship. PT PAL has already offered that design since some years ago.
No, it's not. thats the old design, the new design use Makassar class hull instead of star 50 hull.

LPH as a first step to have aircraft carrier.

Last edited:
PT PAL newest 90 meter OPV design. This design seems to be the one that will be proposed on OPV tender since it is the newest PT PAL official video. The ship look like using KCR 60 meter design.

Minute 0.47

Old star 50 based hull
images

RMN 15-to-5 Plan: MRSS Feasibility Studies Reviewed

23 Januari 2020

MRSS for the Royal Malaysian Navy (photo : Malaysian Defence)

The first of long sought Multi Role Support Ship (MRSS) for the Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) is slated to be procured within the 12th Malaysia Plan beginning from 2021.

Under the 15-to-5 Fleet Transformation strategic plan, the Navy is supposed to have three MRSS to replace the two Multi Purpose Command and Support Ship (MPCSS) namely the KD Sri Inderasakti and KD Mahawangsa as well as the two Sri Tiga class Fast Troop Vessel (FTV) namely the KD Sri Tiga and KD Sri Gaya.

In his New Year Speech on January 10, the Chief of the Navy said that the RMN is reviewing feasibility studies to fulfil the need for MRSS.

“MRSS are crucial especially to aid with logistics and support during humanitarian assistance and disaster relief efforts within the country and the region. We are confident that with such assets, we will be able to carry out such operations more effectively,” he said.

The MRSS falls under the Landing Port Dock (LPD) category. Indeed, as seen in recent developments around the region, LPD played vital roles in supporting various military and non military operations.

The Indonesian Navy (TNI-AL) deployed its Makassar class LPD to conduct Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Response (HADR) when tsunami hit Palu Island and the Sumatra was on fire and heavy smog.

The Royal Australian Navy (RAN) also sends in its LPD, the HMAS Choules to bring in supplies and aids as well as evacuating victims from the deadly and massive bush fire disaster.

Following tensions in the Persian Gulf, the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) is readying its Tarlac class SSV (Makassar class LPD) to conduct mass Evacuation of its citizens working in the Gulf.

The RMN has long been eyeing on the Makassar class LPD. In 2016, Boustead Naval Shipyard (BNS) has entered a joint collaboration effort with PT Pal of Indonesia to offer the Navy with modified Makassar class LPD to suit the MRSS requirement. Also part of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed during Defence Service Asia (DSA) 2016 exhibition in Kuala Lumpur, BNS will be building the Indo-Koryo designed LPD in Malaysia.

It is assumed that the BNS-PT PAL offer did attract the RMN interest as the official 15-to-5 Fleet Transformation strategic plan infographic did use the Makassar class LPD silhouette to depict the Navy’s MRSS. In fact, the Navy, when setting up exhibition boot in various related event would always brought a scaled model of the Makassar class LPD (along with models of French Mistral class LPH and Chinese Type 75 LPH to be fair).

LPD 143 meter design of PT PAL (image : PAL)

A picture of RMN representative at PT PAL went viral as it implied that a serious discussion was held between parties involved.

Indonesia is actively promoting its defence platform to various service branches of the Malaysian Armed Forces (MAF). Last March 2019, the Indonesian Aerospace (IAe) offered to sell two brand new CN-235MPA as well as refurbished two existing CN-235-220M as Maritime Patrol Aircraft (MPA) to fulfill the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) requirement set under the Capability 2055 (CAP55) strategic plan.

PT Pindad yet another state owned Indonesian defence firm is also eyeing on the Army’s Kenderaan Jenis A (KJA) 6×6 armoured vehicle program which will replace the remaining half of the Radpanzer Condor 4×4 Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) as the other half has been replaced by 200 plus DEFTECH/FNSS AV-8 Gempita 8×8 Armoured Infantry Fighting Vehicle (AIFV).

Since at least 2014, PT Pindad has been promoting its Rimau 6×6 APC (a “Malaysiansed” Anoa 6×6 APC) as Condor replacement especially for the 33 vehicles deployed to Lebanon under the United Nations mandated UNIFIL peacekeeping mission.

The DEFMIN is seems to be interested on Pindad/FNSS Harimau/KAPLAN medium tank but this might still be a long shot.

Having said that, it will not be a smooth sailing for PT PAL and the Makassar LPD offer as the dynamics of the program have changed significantly. The delay and cost escalation of Maharajalela-class Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) have affected BNS image with MINDEF officials. Already, MINDEF has revised the Keris-class Littoral Mission Ship (LMS) contract which now see BNS as delivery partner to the Chinese shipyard rather than a builder for the remaining two LMS.

The recent KL Summit also saw BNS forging new industrial collaboration with İstanbul Denizcilik AŞ to offer Turkish designed MRSS for the anticipated MRSS tender slated to be issued next year.

While Turkish shipyards are impressive as they supplied the country’s navy with patrol boats, corvettes, frigates, submarines and light aircraft carrier, there has been no known operational LPD ever built by its local shipyards.

(MFH)

I am dont think so, there is plan for LHD though a simple ones

I think LHD is make sense for AL. What I disagree is real aircraft carrier like Nimitz, liaoning, etc
If we really gonna have this LPH the next step would be having Aircraft carrier. (IMO). And also it's either LPH/LHD, no need to have both, untuk jumlah menyesuaikan.
Conventional aircraft carrier with catobar system, like HMS Queen Elizabeth but with catobar system like clemencau.
I wonder if the KFX can be developed into naval version, though it wasn't designed to form the beginning, just like gripen, but there is proposed naval version of gripen. It will be a big challenge tho, strengthening the airframe etc.
While we are still lacking combat vessels and support vessels, current vessels accusitions should take into consideration of the possible accusition of LHD/LPH/AC in the future.
This LPH wont be realized in the near future but at least they already working on it, dan untuk aircraft carrier bisa nyicil dulu konsepnya.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom