What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Yes but still need even more firepower tho, considering the vast sea territory we have. I wonder if Penerbal would ever operate Jet aircrafts, namely Poseidon or even Naval fighter (IFX Naval version?), but anyway that would be saved for later, getting them in proper quantity and fully equipped first should be the priority obviously.

Penerbal in the past operating this beast

bil28_p_02_l.jpg

I am rather inclined for the Navy to operated something like Poseidon and if they want fighter something like Super Hornet (coupled with growler) is the best choices among all of the possibility , but looking at pitiful state of our Air Forces that still a distant dreams.

The number of Penerbal assets is indeed still at lower side of the Navy requirement even when compared to their peak standard in early 1960's, when they operated vast array of complex assets like ASW helicopter, MPA aircraft, Torpedo bomber fighter, ASW aircraft, utility helicopter and other assets in rather large number.

Penerbal in the past operating this beast

View attachment 589235

I am rather inclined for the Navy to operated something like Poseidon and if they want fighter something like Super Hornet (coupled with growler) is the best choices among all of the possibility , but looking at pitiful state of our Air Forces that still a distant dreams.

The number of Penerbal assets is indeed still at lower side of the Navy requirement even when compared to their peak standard in early 1960's, when they operated vast array of complex assets like ASW helicopter, MPA aircraft, Torpedo bomber fighter, ASW aircraft, utility helicopter and other assets in rather large number.
Wah that's the jet statue i see everytime i went to Surabaya. I think it's more about budget priority regarding the Air assets (well obviously), maybe we could count on Prabowo's ego and dream to take care of that, but idk about his own priority considering he was....literally Orba military manifested (in his track record), Infantry-focused, and he seems to just started to fit in the current era (i feel that he's a bit kudet), as his previous statement indicates that he kind surprised that the defense industry got much better post his era, and i think his statement about we're "always" behind in tech, is kinda off, as technologies can be learned, and we're doing exactly that atm.

I would really support the idea that the Navy would be able to field strong and complete array of assets, espc ASW/Strategic MPA and Naval Fighters, cause that would lift the Air Force's burden on Maritime defense, and will strengthen the Navy's capability in coastal defense and Maritime power projection. Having the Air Force also handling the Sea is too much imo.

o boy , that launcher looks sick, its the previous one from the delimajaya karoseri manufacture

5X3.jpeg

UJI DINAMIS PROTOTIPE KENDARAAN PELUNCUR ROKET R-HAN 122B TAHAP II-II
Thursday, 14 November 2019
Garut, Kamis (14/11/2019). Puslitbang Alpalhan Balitbang Kemhan melaksanakan uji dinamis Prototipe Kendaraan Peluncur Roket R-Han 122B Tahap II-II, TA. 2019 Uji dinamis Kendaraan Peluncur Roket R-Han 122B tahap II-II disaksikan oleh Staf Ahli bidang Politik Kemhan Laksda TNI Ir. A. Budiharja Raden, Ses Balitbang Kemhan Brigjen TNI Abdullah Sani, Kapuslitbang Alpalhan Balitbang Kemhan Brigjen TNI Rosidin, M.Si (Han), M.Sc., Kapuslitbang Iptekhan Balitbang Kemhan Marsma TNI Bambang Wijanarko, S.E.,S.T.,M.Si.(Han), Kabag Datin Set Balitbang Kemhan Kolonel Inf Fatih El Amin, S.IP., M.Si., Kabid Matra Darat Puslitbang Alpalhan Balitbang Kemhan Kolonel Kolonel Kav R. Herdianto Nuringtyas, S.Sos., para pejabat di lingkungan Kemhan, PT. Dahana (Persero), PT. Pindad, LAPAN , PT.DI serta tim uji dinamis Prototipe Kendaraan Peluncur Roket R-Han 122B Tahap II-II.

Uji coba diawali sambutan dari Kepala Energetic Material Center PT. Dahana (Persero) Bapak Ir. Benny Gunawan, sambutan kedua oleh Kabalitbang Kemhan yang diwakili oleh Ses Balitbang Kemhan Brigjen TNI Abdullah Sani, selanjutnya sambutan oleh Staf ahli bidang politik Kemhan Laksda TNI Ir. A. Budiharja Raden, kemudian dilanjutkan pembacaan doa dan pelaksanaan uji coba. Litbang Prototipe Kendaraan Peluncur Roket R-Han 122 B Tahap II-I TA. 2019 merupakan program litbang yang bekerjasama dengan LAPAN, PT. Dahana (Persero) dan PT. Pindad.

Kendaraan Peluncur Roket R-Han 122B adalah Kendaraan peluncur roket laras banyak (multiple rocket launcher system – MRLS) buatan dalam negeri karya anak bangsa. Diharapkan proses peluncuran roket secara otomatis mampu dieksekusi lebih cepat. Mekanisme pengisian roket ke peluncur didesain sedemikian rupa supaya dicapai waktu operasi yang lebih singkat. Sistem peluncur menggunakan Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) WAGO 750-8206/040-000 XTR sebagai pengontrol utama yang dapat diprogram untuk menyimpan rangkaian instruksi yang menjalankan fungsi-fungsi spesifik seperti: logika, sekuen, timing, counting, dan aritmatika.

Pengembangan Kendaraan Peluncur Roket R-Han 122B ini adalah untuk menghasilkan kendaraan peluncur yang dapat berfungsi dengan baik dan stabil sesuai spesifikasi yang diharapkan tanpa adanya kesalahan dan kerusakan baik saat endurance maupun penembakan. Disamping itu diharapkan sistem otomatisasi dan manual dapat dioperasikan oleh operator sesuai prosedur dan operasi penembakan yang dikehendaki. Prototipe peluncur roket ini dibuat dalam rangka memenuhi kebutuhan akan kendaraan peluncur roket R-Han 122B sebagai dukungan dalam program pengembangan Roket Nasional.

51810482_618900925234518_7440365726641004228_n.jpg
51454493_746149212438736_7157148151951117332_n.jpg
61089403_464649477626333_9082584109014839455_n.jpg

To be honest This vehicle can be counted as medium tank

I would really support the idea that the Navy would be able to field strong and complete array of assets, espc ASW/Strategic MPA and Naval Fighters, cause that would lift the Air Force's burden on Maritime defense, and will strengthen the Navy's capability in coastal defense and Maritime power projection. Having the Air Force also handling the Sea is too much imo.
Well they did list strategic MPA for navy and not for airforce probably P8's tho but i can't tell,lets see later

Wah that's the jet statue i see everytime i went to Surabaya. I think it's more about budget priority regarding the Air assets (well obviously), maybe we could count on Prabowo's ego and dream to take care of that, but idk about his own priority considering he was....literally Orba military manifested (in his track record), Infantry-focused, and he seems to just started to fit in the current era (i feel that he's a bit kudet), as his previous statement indicates that he kind surprised that the defense industry got much better post his era, and i think his statement about we're "always" behind in tech, is kinda off, as technologies can be learned, and we're doing exactly that atm.

Dont know much about prabowo as personal, i just happened to met him couple times in the past in some occasion. It just when he is explained for defense matter is all about effort and not only pray, i think i can expect much from him more than the previous one

From the first meeting with 1st Commission. there isn't anything of substance from Prabowo yet. He did however sound as someone with gran plan in mind but he still haven't elaborate further.

Teguh menuturkan, sesuai tema AARM 29/2019 ini, "Together We Can", format lomba AARM yang pada tahun sebelumnya bersifat lomba antarnegara/kontingen, kali ini dibuat berbeda. Yaitu, bersifat eksibisi menjadi empat tim A, B, C, dan D. Masing-masing tim terdiri dari gabungan 10 negara peserta.

“Sesuai arahan Kasad Jenderal TNI Andika Perkasa, perubahan AARM kali ini tidak lagi kompetisi tim antar negara-negara ASEAN, melainkan eksibisi kemahiran dan kerja sama tim dalam menembak. AARM 29/2019 kali ini lebih pada mencari bentuk kerja sama tim gabungan 10 negara ASEAN yang dibagi dalam empat tim," tutur Danpussenif.

https://jabar.sindonews.com/read/12...s-rifle-meet-292019-di-cipatat-kbb-1573715505

AARM 2019 will be held in Indonesia, it will have new format (Team vs Team) participants from 10 ASEAN nation will be divided(maybe random) into 4 team and they will compete against each other.

Indonesia gak bakal jadi juara umum lagi, yang bakal menang adalah tim dari ASEAN.
Panglima TNI berikutnya bakal dari AD yak?

Last edited:
I like his statement more then Prabowo last statement. Once we can setup the base system then all others will follow. This will automatically reject any future non-integrated item purchase, and this system should be build on kemenhan political power to stand in the middle and accomodate all the branches need thus creating a platform that can be use by them. I believe it will speed up the process of network centric program.

D&S 2019: Indonesia eyes US and Russian fighters
13th November 2019 - 12:07 GMT | by Gordon Arthur in Hong Kong

RSS
SAVE THIS FOR LATER

The Indonesian Air Force is ogling new Lockheed Martin F-16V Block 72 fighters from the US to boost its aerial capability as part of the nation’s 2020-24 strategic plan.

ACM Yuyu Sutisna, Chief of Staff of the service, stated when visiting Roesmin Nurjadin Air Base in Pekanbaru on 28 October that the country’s MoD was planning to lodge a request with Washington before 1 January 2020 for two squadrons’ worth of aircraft.

No specific number was mentioned, but two squadrons could represent around 32 F-16Vs.

‘We will buy two squadrons in the next strategic plan 2020-24. We will purchase the newest type of Block 72 Viper,’ reported the state-run Antara news agency. Sutisna added, ‘[They] will increase our strength. If we have them, we will be among those having sophisticated F-16s.’

The proposed acquisition comes under the third and final phase of Indonesia’s Minimum Essential Force strategic plan, with new aircraft needed to replace the Hawk 109/209 trainer/light attack fleet.

Indonesia’s air force already possesses up to nine F-16A/B Block 15, 18 single-seat F-16C and five twin-seat F-16D fighters. The former are the oldest, having been obtained in the 1980s, while the latter two Block 25 types were ex-US aircraft acquired as Excess Defense Articles from the US after they were offered in 2011.

A total of 24 TNI-AU F-16C/Ds were upgraded with Link 16, self-protection suites and modular mission computers under a FMS package laid out by the USAF and amounting to $750 million. This work was completed in late 2017, and the aircraft are flown by Aviation Squadrons 16 and 3 in Pekanbaru and Iswahyudi respectively.

In a separate fighter acquisition, it was reported in February 2018 that Jakarta had ordered 11 Sukhoi Su-35S fighters in a $1.1 billion deal, but a contract is still yet to be signed with Russia.

The Su-35s are supposed to replace now retired F-5E/F Tiger II interceptors, and the Russian platform was competing against the likes of the Eurofighter Typhoon, F-16 and Saab Gripen.

One issue delaying the project is the threat of Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA) penalties by the US if Indonesia goes ahead with the acquisition from Moscow.

Jakarta would prefer to pay for these aircraft by bartering local commodities (e.g palm oil, rubber, coffee and tea) as well as by cash. The government also stipulates an offset package worth 35% of the contract value.

The Indonesian Air Force already flies five Su-27SK and 11 Su-30MK2 fighters obtained from Russia, with the last handed over in 2013. Some of these have recently been upgraded in Belarus.

Indonesia also has a financial interest in South Korea’s KF-X fighter programme, of which a mock-up was unveiled last month at the Seoul ADEX exhibition. Jakarta has been attempting to offer PT Dirgantara Indonesia-built CN-235 transport aircraft to Seoul to help defray expenses there, of which its payments are running behind schedule.

In October 2018, Jakarta stated that it would renegotiate its stake in the KF-X programme with South Korea because of ‘national economic conditions’. No new arrangements have been agreed upon yet, as far as Shephard understands.

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/defence-notes/ds-2019-indonesia-eyes-american-and-russian-fighte/

Kakor Brimob, Kepala RSPAD dan Danpuspom TNI Bakal Diisi Jenderal Bintang 3
kakor-brimob-kepala-rspad-dan-danpuspom-tni-bakal-diisi-jenderal-bintang-3.jpg

MenPAN Tjahjo Kumolo. ©2018 Merdeka.com

PERISTIWA | Rabu, 13 November 2019 19:12:36
Reporter : Merdeka
Merdeka.com - Menteri Pendayagunaan Aparatur Negara dan Reformasi Birokrasi Republik Indonesia (Men PAN RB) Tjahjo Kumolo tengah menggodok jabatan perwira tinggi di tubuh TNI dan Polri. Menurutnya, akan ada penambahan posisi bintang tiga. Dari yang sebelumnya dijabat oleh mereka yang berbintang dua, kini akan diisi pangkat bintang tiga.

"Misal Dokter Terawan kepala RSPAD kan bintang 3, Puspom juga bintang 3," kata Tjahjo saat ditemui saat panel Forkopimda Kemendagri di Sentul, Bogor, Jawa Barat, Rabu (13/11).

Advertisement

Untuk di Kepolisian sendiri, posisi dipertimbangkan untuk dijabat satu tingkat lebih tinggi adalah Korps Brimob. Sebab Brimob akan ada penambahan anggota yang awalnya 48 ribu menjadi 60 ribu personel,

"Itu kalau dipimpin bintang 2 kan tidak pas, harus bintang 3," jelas Tjahjo.

1 dari 1 halaman
Reformasi Terus Berjalan
Tjahjo mengatakan reformasi di di tubuh TNI-Polri harus terus berjalan. Untuk TNI, Tjahjo mengaku telah menuntaskannya saat mendisposisi Yasonna Laoly sebagai Menkum HAM. Namun untuk Kepolisian, Tjahjo masih mengkajinya lebih dalam.

"TNI, bintang 3 tambah, bintang 2 tambah, saya sekarang kaji bagaimana untuk Kopassus, Marinir, Phaskas, yang jumlahnya (anggota) di bawah Kostrad, kalau di Kepolisian nanti akan menambah 1 (posisi) untuk bintang 3, dan untuk 4 posisi bintang 2, tetapi itu sedang kami bahas dan kaji," Tjahjo menandasi.

Reporter: Muhammad Radityo

Sumber: Liputan6.com

https://m.merdeka.com/amp/peristiwa...uspom-tni-bakal-diisi-jenderal-bintang-3.html

Number of Brimob paramilitary unit will be increased into 60,000 personnel , there is adjustment into Marines and Air Force special units

You up?: Jokowi the midnight caller
  • Marchio Irfan Gorbiano
    The Jakarta Post
Jakarta / Thu, November 14, 2019 / 05:34 pm
2019_11_14_82389_1573728833._large.jpg
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo makes a call on a mobile phone. (Twitter/@jokowi)
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo opened up about the ups and downs of being president at a forum with journalists in Central Jakarta on Thursday.

At the discussion, which focused on infrastructure and human resource development, the President said that he often called his ministers in the middle of the night to discuss infrastructure and other matters.

When asked how late he would call the ministers, Jokowi said it depended on the day.

“It can be at 1:00 a.m, midnight, 2:30 a.m.,” he said. “If it is difficult [to reach] the minister, I’ll tell their aide to wake them up. It’s common for me to do that, just ask the ministers, the [Indonesian Military] commander, the National Police chief. The most recent is the Army chief of staff, whom I called at 12:30 a.m.”

He said that he often worked late into the night and would remember some important matter and call the relevant minister or official to ensure that the issue was handled quickly.

Jokowi said the long hours he kept caused him to sleep less than he did before becoming president.

“I often sleep in the car. [On the trip] between Jakarta and Bogor [Presidential Palace] I can get some sleep. On the plane I can sleep around 30 minutes. I can also sleep on helicopters. Others can’t,” he said. “At night, it’s true I sleep less, but alhamdulilllah [thank God] I am given the pleasure of being able to sleep anywhere.”

When asked if he enjoyed the country’s top job, the President joked, “I enjoy it. I enjoy the headaches.” (kmt)

https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2019/11/14/you-up-jokowi-the-midnight-caller.html

I would switch off my phone and home phone line if i want to sleep if this guy getting my phone number

Teguh menuturkan, sesuai tema AARM 29/2019 ini, "Together We Can", format lomba AARM yang pada tahun sebelumnya bersifat lomba antarnegara/kontingen, kali ini dibuat berbeda. Yaitu, bersifat eksibisi menjadi empat tim A, B, C, dan D. Masing-masing tim terdiri dari gabungan 10 negara peserta.

“Sesuai arahan Kasad Jenderal TNI Andika Perkasa, perubahan AARM kali ini tidak lagi kompetisi tim antar negara-negara ASEAN, melainkan eksibisi kemahiran dan kerja sama tim dalam menembak. AARM 29/2019 kali ini lebih pada mencari bentuk kerja sama tim gabungan 10 negara ASEAN yang dibagi dalam empat tim," tutur Danpussenif.

https://jabar.sindonews.com/read/12...s-rifle-meet-292019-di-cipatat-kbb-1573715505

AARM 2019 will be held in Indonesia, it will have new format (Team vs Team) participants from 10 ASEAN nation will be divided(maybe random) into 4 team and they will compete against each other.

Indonesia gak bakal jadi juara umum lagi, yang bakal menang adalah tim dari ASEAN.
Panglima TNI berikutnya bakal dari AD yak?

They are getting tired and feel hopeless of seeing Indonesia as overall champion again and again, so changing the format is the answer, maybe. LOL :D

Perhaps they're hoping to able to "steal" Indonesia's winning secret by mixing together with. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom