What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Well idk but why does they mention lacm over sam tho? Riddle right there

Yeah MTCR, but im not sure if Tomahawk has export variant like what russian have limiting its range only at 300 km but enough to increase our naval fire support capabilities

Old Photos, at 2010-2011 Indonesia Army had evaluated two type MBT from eastern block T 72 and T 90.
This picture seems Indonesia Army evaluated India owned tank
View attachment 587618
Sc:https://t.co/5Twq1mWJAi

Yeah MTCR, but im not sure if Tomahawk has export variant like what russian have limiting its range only at 300 km but enough to increase our naval fire support capabilities

Old Photos, at 2010-2011 Indonesia Army had evaluated two type MBT from eastern block T 72 and T 90.
View attachment 587618

thankfully , we got the leo instead of T-90 or arjun .

http://en.c4defence.com/Magazine/ıssue-77/89/48-49

For those of you who like reading, this article of China White Paper published July 2019 can be an interesting reading material. We can also relate on how ASEAN regional security and balance of power are going to be played out in a future (South China Sea). Its clear that China is not going anywhere from SCS and they are still expanding the force to protect its energy/trade/economic shipping line from Indian Ocean-Malaka Straight-SCS. We already know the One Belt One Road project scope. Their Air Force and Navy is to be build for this particular project, no wonder they keep building Carrier. Its not just that, they also building overseas port city to facilitate oil supply such as Future one at Gwadar that is close to Iranian border. So they have to maintain good relation with Iran which would make US uncomfortable.

For Indonesia, the east line of their shipping lane from Indian ocean to malaka straight can be balance out with Indian military force. I know we have proposed the security agreemant to "patrol" the area with trilateral force (India-Indonesia-Malaysia) to balance out the China power from east side. I am not sure how it went out, the last information I got Malaysian Government has not yet responded (It needs Malaysia approval as malaka straight is part of Malaysia security interest as well). I bet they have pressure from China to reject it, and we know how our Jiran Neighbor current military and economy condition. They cant even do anything with all those CCG roaming around their EEZ. I personally skeptical that Malaysia would be joining the security patrol plan with India, they just simply dont have the balls against the high tide.

SCS tension can escalate as the tension in middle east is also rising. Middle east oil is too important for the world, powerfull country trying to protect their oil supply line where the stronger one simply occupy it like US, Rusia do in Syria for example. This put a huge pressure to Indonesia to balance it out in SCS (ASEAN) as the shipping line is coming thru our Nation. Diplomatic/political steps has been taking place for us as the investment and economic cooperation increase between us and China. But it wont be enough if we dont have the military muscle to leverage our move. The increase of our military budget to around 5% of our APBN (and the highest nation budget allocation) shown that we are serious in facing this Indian Ocen-Malaka-SCS situation. But what about other ASEAN members? Hard to tell as most of them under heavy influence of China economically and politically. How about US? Well how about this news on recent ASEAN Summit in Bangkok

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-u-s-summit-after-trump-skips-bangkok-meeting

I dont know what the future will bring, all I know that from this day onward we have serious inbalance of power in ASEAN. I do hope that this second term of Jokowi get really serious in building our military muscle capacity and capability. More reason to get that Iver Project rolling dont you think? :D

http://en.c4defence.com/Magazine/ıssue-77/89/48-49

For those of you who like reading, this article of China White Paper published July 2019 can be an interesting reading material. We can also relate on how ASEAN regional security and balance of power are going to be played out in a future (South China Sea). Its clear that China is not going anywhere from SCS and they are still expanding the force to protect its energy/trade/economic shipping line from Indian Ocean-Malaka Straight-SCS. We already know the One Belt One Road project scope. Their Air Force and Navy is to be build for this particular project, no wonder they keep building Carrier. Its not just that, they also building overseas port city to facilitate oil supply such as Future one at Gwadar that is close to Iranian border. So they have to maintain good relation with Iran which would make US uncomfortable.

For Indonesia, the east line of their shipping lane from Indian ocean to malaka straight can be balance out with Indian military force. I know we have proposed the security agreemant to "patrol" the area with trilateral force (India-Indonesia-Malaysia) to balance out the China power from east side. I am not sure how it went out, the last information I got Malaysian Government has not yet responded (It needs Malaysia approval as malaka straight is part of Malaysia security interest as well). I bet they have pressure from China to reject it, and we know how our Jiran Neighbor current military and economy condition. They cant even do anything with all those CCG roaming around their EEZ. I personally skeptical that Malaysia would be joining the security patrol plan with India, they just simply dont have the balls against the high tide.

SCS tension can escalate as the tension in middle east is also rising. Middle east oil is too important for the world, powerfull country trying to protect their oil supply line where the stronger one simply occupy it like US, Rusia do in Syria for example. This put a huge pressure to Indonesia to balance it out in SCS (ASEAN) as the shipping line is coming thru our Nation. Diplomatic/political steps has been taking place for us as the investment and economic cooperation increase between us and China. But it wont be enough if we dont have the military muscle to leverage our move. The increase of our military budget to around 5% of our APBN (and the highest nation budget allocation) shown that we are serious in facing this Indian Ocen-Malaka-SCS situation. But what about other ASEAN members? Hard to tell as most of them under heavy influence of China economically and politically. How about US? Well how about this news on recent ASEAN Summit in Bangkok

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-u-s-summit-after-trump-skips-bangkok-meeting

I dont know what the future will bring, all I know that from this day onward we have serious inbalance of power in ASEAN. I do hope that this second term of Jokowi get really serious in building our military muscle capacity and capability. More reason to get that Iver Project rolling dont you think? :D
The trilateral patrol in malacca strait only involved ID-MY-TH, it actually just a coordinated patrol which ID-MY-TH patrol their own waters, ID refused India desire to join the patrol. CMIIW.

Yes you are right. I cant find the old link source, but there was a talk about India-MY-INA cooperation to secure the Malacca straight from Andaman sea (the Malacca gate) to the straight. I was just interested to see the MY respond to that idea before, but the result is as expected. That was before we sidelined the idea of India joining in but instead giving India access to Sabang port

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...t-of-sabang/story-KPXWKy7PGAHFUi0jCL26yJ.html

So Im not sure if it was a serious proposal or just "test the water kinda thing". Anyway I was hoping Russia play a bigger role to balance it but somehow our former/current govt show less interest on it.

Selasa 05 November 2019, 12:40 WIB

Persiapkan Arah Industri Pertahanan, Prabowo Kunjungi Pindad Besok
Lisye Sri Rahayu - detikNews

deba9af5-1f1e-44bd-8ce0-b2f77d217897.jpeg
Prabowo Subianto (Foto: Rengga Sancaya-detikcom)
Jakarta - Menteri Pertahanan (Menhan) Prabowo Subianto bersama Wamenhan Sakti Wahyu Trenggono bakal mengunjungi PT Pindad besok. Trenggono mengatakan dirinya dan Prabowo ingin menentukan arah industri pertahanan secara menyeluruh.

"Rencana hari Rabu (6/11) baru mau ke Pindad," ujar Trenggono, Selasa (5/11/2019).

Baca juga: Prabowo Pimpin Rapat Koordinasi Kemhan Hari Ini

bc59e72f-c9a8-4204-a2c3-30249dd4ff11.jpeg
Foto: Sakti Wahyu Trenggono (Andhika Prasetia/detikcom)

Trenggono enggan membocorkan apa saja yang bakal dicek oleh dirinya dan Prabowo dalam kunjungan itu. Namun, Trenggono mengatakan kunjungan ke Pindad ditujukan sebagai bahan persiapan menentukan arah industri pertahanan.

"Setelah hari Rabu baru bisa menentukan arah industri pertahanan secara menyeluruh," kata Trenggono.

Baca juga: Fadli Zon: Saya yang Pertama Kali Usulkan Prabowo Jadi Menhan

Dia mengatakan Prabowo dan dirinya terus melakukan koordinasi dengan lembaga yang terkait dengan kinerja Kemhan. PT Pindad sendiri merupakan perusahaan BUMN yang bergerak dalam bidang Alutsista (Alat Utama Sistem Persenjataan).

"Sejak pelantikan terus mendampingi Menhan koordinasi dengan lembaga terkait di bawah Kementerian Pertahanan," tuturnya.

Yes you are right. I cant find the old link source, but there was a talk about India-MY-INA cooperation to secure the Malacca straight from Andaman sea (the Malacca gate) to the straight. I was just interested to see the MY respond to that idea before, but the result is as expected. That was before we sidelined the idea of India joining in but instead giving India access to Sabang port

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...t-of-sabang/story-KPXWKy7PGAHFUi0jCL26yJ.html

So Im not sure if it was a serious proposal or just "test the water kinda thing". Anyway I was hoping Russia play a bigger role to balance it but somehow our former/current govt show less interest on it.

We dont give them access to Sabang ports militarily, we just accepting their propose to co developt sabang commercially. This Indian media is far worse compared to what we had

it actually just a coordinated patrol which ID-MY-TH patrol their own waters, ID refused India desire to join the patrol. CMIIW.

Wait the sec there, lets not spinning things beyond it's context!

As you had stated yourself, the so-called joint patrol is merely coordinated patrol rather than actual joint patrol.
And there is no refusal from Indonesia toward India either, because the nature of the patrol mean India merely limited within Andaman Sea while making port of call at Sabang. However exchange of information and other cooperation can always be done without the need of physical presence.

We dont give them access to Sabang ports militarily, we just accepting their propose to co developt sabang commercially. This Indian media is far worse compared to what we had

If you think that bad, you should see the Indian posters at IDF forum. Most of them hate us (Indonesian) and using religion hatred narrative to do so.

Anyway I was hoping Russia play a bigger role to balance it but somehow our former/current govt show less interest on it.

The Russian is just too pricky. And their main interest is at Biak due to it strategic geographic for orbital launch. And got to admit compare to any other place on Earth, Biak is the MOST strategically placed for orbital launch.

As you had stated yourself, the so-called joint patrol is merely coordinated patrol rather than actual joint patrol.
And there is no refusal from Indonesia toward India either, because the nature of the patrol mean India merely limited within Andaman Sea while making port of call at Sabang. However exchange of information and other cooperation can always be done without the need of physical presence.
Yes its actually not a joint patrol, i think the politicians like how 'joint patrol' sounds ( maybe).
I am a bit wrong, it was actually quadrilateral between ID-SG-TH-MY. ( i only remember the news is about how india is 'misunderstand' about the extent of the patrol and that its not possible for them to patrol malacca).

Indonesia Told India Its Quest to Join Malacca Strait Patrols Isn't Feasible
New Delhi: About three weeks before Indian and Indonesian leaders sat down for talks in Jakarta on Tuesday, Indonesian experts had explained to their Indian counterparts that New Delhi’s quest to join the Malacca Strait Patrol (MSP) was “not feasible

Established in 2004, the MSP is a quadrilateral arrangement between Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand for intelligence exchange, coordinated air (eye-in-the-sky) and sea patrol through the vital straits.

A highly-placed diplomatic source said that whenever India had brought up the issue of joining the MSP with Indonesia in the past, Jakarta had stated New Delhi did not either understand or delineate its role clearly.

Constructed as a “loose mechanism”, MSP members do not even conduct joint patrols. Instead, they take part in “coordinated patrols”, with each country staying in their own territorial waters.

When the Indian experts indicated that the Indian Navy expected to hold patrols inside the straits, the Indonesians pointed out that they never ventured into Malaysian or Singaporean waters.
https://thewire.in/diplomacy/india-indonesia-malacca-strait-patrol

The Russian is just too pricky. And their main interest is at Biak due to it strategic geographic for orbital launch. And got to admit compare to any other place on Earth, Biak is the MOST strategically placed for orbital launch.
I prefer Central Sulawesi (just a little bit) than biak(maybe Russia interested with biak but for Indonesia i prefer we choose Sulawesi), its just that biak kinda remote place, meanwhile in Sulawesi there is huge population and have industrial capabilities even tho can't be compared with java, for long term it will be better for space launch from there(equator area) and also to build space industries(satellite, rocket fuel, rocket parts factory etc) to support it, and also it have sea in the eastern part of it, albeit its more crowded than the water around biak.

I prefer Central Sulawesi (just a little bit) than biak(maybe Russia interested with biak but for Indonesia i prefer we choose Sulawesi), its just that biak kinda remote place, meanwhile in Sulawesi there is huge population and have industrial capabilities even tho can't be compared with java, for long term it will be better for space launch from there(equator area) and also to build space industries(satellite, rocket fuel, rocket parts factory etc) to support it, and also it have sea in the eastern part of it, albeit its more crowded than the water around biak.

The basin area of Gulf of Tomini is pledge by earthquakes, not to mention there are populated area under the possible flight path. While at Biak it's a clear flight path with only the Pacific Ocean below. So far the most strategic spaceport in term of geographic position is the Centre Spatial Guyanais (Guiana Space Centre) and it has no competitor in term of better geographic position.

A spaceport doesn't need to have industrial complex nearby (although it would be preferable), however every pieces of equipment's could be ferried by ships and assemble on site.

View attachment 587618

nice T-72

Back
Top Bottom