What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Indonesia is currently marketing 2.1 billion USD global bond denominated in USD and Euro, I wonder whether some of it will be used to finance KFX/IFX project. The interest rate is reported to be low and Sri Mulyani wants to take advantage of it. The project can also be financed using foreign bank just like how we finance our submarine program. If the government commitment is strong on the program, I dont think there is any difficulty to finance the program despite weak Rupiah and trade deficit problem.

A reporter has already asked Prabowo about KFX/IFX program and he said he will try to find the best solution.

Previous cabinet actually wants to decrease the number of plane to be acquired from 50 into 16, this decision can destroy our partnership in the program. I hope with the coming of Prabowo, who is ambitious to see strong Indonesian defense, the decision will be reverted into the first commitment to buy 50 planes.

I don't think Prabowo's criticism of previous cabinet's defense programs was just an empty rhetorics to play a card against Jokowi, cause if that so, he would not offer himself to be the Defense Minister, so i guess he genuinely cares about Indonesia's defense capability (but i'm still skeptical whether he could catch up with today's defense trend).

I don't think Prabowo's criticism of previous cabinet's defense programs was just an empty rhetorics to play a card against Jokowi, cause if that so, he would not offer himself to be the Defense Minister, so i guess he genuinely cares about Indonesia's defense capability (but i'm still skeptical whether he could catch up with today's defense trend).

Prabowo is the one who approach Singapore to made them lend some of their IAI searcher during Mapenduma operation. And his willingness to shipment several of helicopter units by C130 and using unmarked civilian helicopter as bait to unsuspected rebels, Albeit his method is quite harsh in the field, but he is genuinely one of the brightest minds during his era and able to grasp new technology to achieve his goals.

http://defense-studies.blogspot.com/2019/10/indonesia-seeks-c-130j-deals-with-us.html
Indonesia Seeks C-130J Deals with US

24 Oktober 2019

The Indonesian Air Force has identified a requirement to procure Lockheed Martin C-130J Hercules transport aircraft (pictured) (photo : Roy C)

Indonesia is looking to secure deals with the United States government to procure Lockheed Martin C-130J Hercules transport aircraft and to facilitate industrial co-operation in relation to the platform, the Indonesian Ministry of Defence (MoD) has stated.

The MoD said in a press release that it had advanced both topics in meetings in Jakarta on 22 October between the MoD's secretary general Agus Setiadji and the US' acting deputy assistant secretary of defence for South and Southeast Asia, Christopher Johnston.

"The meeting discussed defence industry co-operation, particularly in the procurement of the C130J Hercules," said the MoD. "In addition, the [MoD] hopes that in the future the US can help accelerate the process of procuring the C130J Hercules."

Jane's understands that Lockheed Martin responded to a request for information issued by the MoD in mid-2018 in support of a plan to procure transport aircraft for the Indonesian Air Force (Tentara Nasional Indonesia - Angkatan Udara: TNI-AU).

Air Commodore Novyan Samyoga, the chief of information in the TNI-AU, had previously confirmed to Jane's that the service has identified the platform as a priority procurement given the age of some of the service's existing transport aircraft. In the first phase of the procurement, the TNI-AU is expected to procure five platforms if sufficient funding is available.

The TNI-AU currently operates about 20 legacy C-130 models, with some dating back to the 1960s.

In late 2018 Richard Johnston, Lockheed Martin's director for international business development within the corporation's air mobility and maritime missions unit, told Jane's that the US corporation is engaged with the TNI-AU about the requirement through a planned "roadmap".

(Jane's)
Is it another procurement or related with this one bro?

https://www.airspace-review.com/201...n-udara-31-bakal-diisi-c-130j-super-hercules/

Indonesia is currently marketing 2.1 billion USD global bond denominated in USD and Euro, I wonder whether some of it will be used to finance KFX/IFX project. The interest rate is reported to be low and Sri Mulyani wants to take advantage of it. The project can also be financed using foreign bank just like how we finance our submarine program. If the government commitment is strong on the program, I dont think there is any difficulty to finance the program despite weak Rupiah and trade deficit problem.

A reporter has already asked Prabowo about KFX/IFX program and he said he will try to find the best solution.

Previous cabinet actually wants to decrease the number of plane to be acquired from 50 into 16, this decision can destroy our partnership in the program. I hope with the coming of Prabowo, who is ambitious to see strong Indonesian defense, the decision will be reverted into the first commitment to buy 50 planes.
If she does then in my personal oppinion she should be fired. Its a big no no in finance if you release a bond/loan to finance something like IFX project. A loan should be issued to acquire assets, finance project with economical effects, working capital, etc. R&D can be financed with loan as long as it has high possibility to produce things that you can sell to repay the loan, that is not the case with IFX. The correct source of funds for IFX project is state income up until its ready for mass production. By then getting loan for example PT.DI IFX production line, CAPEX, infrastructure shouldnt be a problem for state bond or some loan backed up by state as it will bring economic effects like jobs and stuff. Just like what we did to PT.PAL prior to first batch of changbogo while in this case we do penyertaan modal negara.

I think its the same. It confuses me as well seeing some news about this hercules project, I dont recall we officially announce the contract signing. Seeing how this hercules news, sukhoi news, boeing news and the news about 16 Viper purchase using new "ibu kota" budget that came out really close to the inaguration of new cabinet makes me wonder. Are these news related? Is it part of the efforts to smooth the sukro projects by showing our intention to get more from US? Only time will tell :D

Last edited:
I think its the same. It confuses me as well seeing some news about this hercules project, I dont recall we officially announce the contract signing. Seeing how this hercules news, sukhoi news, boeing news and the news about 16 Viper purchase using new "ibu kota" budget that came out really close the inaguration of new cabinet makes me wonder. Are these news related? Is it part of the efforts to smooth the sukro projects by showing our intention to get more from US? Only time will tell :D

I'm incline to thinking the same thing

Is it my eyes or ms. Connie gained significant weight (as in body weight)? On the second thought that most likely my eyes :unsure: (I got strong feeling ms. Connie is also here in this forum)

Last edited:
Pekerjaan Rumah Sudah Menanti Menhan Baru

23 Oktober 2019

Pencapaian 3 Menhan periode sebelumnya yang telah dinilai sukses (graphic : Defense Studies)

Ini 3 PR Besar Prabowo sebagai Menhan

Jakarta - Prabowo Subianto resmi dilantik sebagai Menteri Pertahanan periode 2019-2024. Eks Danjen Kopassus itu punya tiga pekerjaan rumah (PR) sebagai menhan.

Anggota Fraksi Golkar yang kembali bertugas di Komisi I DPR, Meutya Hafid, mengungkap tugas-tugas bagi Prabowo itu.

Pertama, Prabowo harus segera memenuhi Minimum Essential Force (MEF) atau kekuatan pokok minum yang merupakan proses untuk modernisasi alat utama sistem pertahanan (alusista) Indonesia.

"Target MEF alutsista Indonesia 100 persen tahun 2024 merupakan tugas utama Pak Prabowo. Hingga tahun 2019, MEF sudah mencapai progress 74 persen. Pemenuhan MEF 100 persen penting karena untuk memenuhi syarat minimal angkatan bersenjata kita bisa bertempur dan agar pertahanan Indonesia mempunyai efek deterrent," ujar Meutya kepada wartawan, Rabu (23/10/2019).

MEF sendiri dicanangkan oleh pemerintah Indonesia pada 2017 dan dibagi menjadi tiga rencana strategis (renstra) hingga 2024.

Kemudian PR Prabowo kedua, kata Meutya, soal fokus terhadap industri pertahanan nasional.

"Industri pertahanan dalam negeri harus dikembangkan sehingga negara mampu memproduksi sendiri alutsista tanpa bergantung atau bahkan dikontrol negara lain. Bahkan ide pembentukan holding National Defense and Hightech Industries (NDHI) sudah ada, tinggal kita bahas bersama," ucapnya.

Pekerjaan besar ketiga Prabowo, menurut Meutya, adalah peningkatan sumber daya manusia (SDM) dan kesejahteraan personel TNI.

Apalagi pada HUT TNI lalu, Presiden Jokowi juga sudah berjanji akan meningkatkan tunjangan bagi personel TNI hingga 80 persen pada 2020.

"DPR bersama Kemhan (Kementerian Pertahanan) sudah setuju untuk memberikan bantuan kredit perumahan bagi anggota TNI. Tentu kami harapkan kesejahteraan anggota TNI akan meningkat setiap tahunnya," kata Meutya.

"Selama ini DPR selalu mendukung berbagai langkah Menhan, di bidang legislasi pada akhir periode lalu kami mengesahkan UU Pengelolaan Sumber Daya Nasional (PSDN) yang diajukan Kemhan, bahkan Kemhan tahun anggaran 2020 mendapatkan alokasi anggaran Rp 127,4 Triliun atau yang terbesar dari seluruh kementerian lain. Harapan kami ke depan Menhan dapat bekerja sama dengan baik bersama DPR RI dalam mewujudkan semangat Pertahanan Nasional yang solid," tambah politikus Golkar tersebut.

Terlepas dari itu, Meutya Hafid memberikan selamat atas pelantikan Prabowo sebagai Menhan. Ia menyebut DPR optimis dengan penunjukan Ketum Gerindra itu oleh Jokowi untuk menangani bidang pertahanan.

"Penunjukan Prabowo Subanto sebagai Menhan menjadi kesempatan untuk merealisasikan ide pertahanan Indonesia yang kuat di darat, laut, udara, dan cyber. Beliau kan paham betul masalah pertahanan, jadi kita optimis," sebut Meutya.

Seperti diketahui, Prabowo resmi bergabung dengan kabinet Jokowi-Ma'ruf Amin. Ia menegaskan siap langsung bekerja.

"Baru saja kita selesaikan semua rangkaian pelantikan intinya kita akan segera bekerja," ungkap Prabowo seusai pelantikan Kabinet Indonesia Maju di Istana Negara, Jl Medan Merdeka Utara, Jakarta Pusat, Rabu (23/10). (Detik)

Pencapaian Minimum Essential Force hingga akhir tahun 2018 (graphic : defence.pk)

Jika Prabowo Jadi Menhan, Pengamat: Wajah Pertahanan Lebih Gahar

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Direktur Eksekutif Indobarometer, Muhammad Qodari menilai penempatan Prabowo Subianto sebagai calon Menteri Pertahanan (Menhan) di Kabinet Kerja Jilid II oleh Presiden Joko Widodo atau Jokowi adalah pilihan yang sangat tepat.

"Prabowo pilihan yang sangat tepat. Saya kira enggak ada yang meragukan kalau Prabowo jadi Menhan. Dia pakarnya. Kita menunggu apakah ide gagasan Macan Asia Prabowo akan kita lihat dalam tataran kedaulatan pertahanan," kata Qodari kepada Tempo pada Selasa, 22 Oktober 2019.

Qodari menilai, Prabowo adalah sosok yang sangat kompeten menjadi Menhan karena memiliki latar belakang jenderal militer. Menurutnya, masyarakat Indonesia akan menyaksikan ide dan gagasan kedulatan pertahanan yang selama ini digembar-gemborkan Prabowo.

Ke depan, dia juga memprediksi wajah pertahanan Indonesia akan lebih gahar dan high profile seperti yang sudah dilakukan Prabowo ketika menjadi Komandan Jenderal Kopasus.

"Disitu menariknya. Gimana seorang jenderal militer, rising star pada masanya dan high profile akan mengimplementasikan ide dan gagasan pada tataran operasional," ujarnya.

Ketika ditanya mengenai adanya dugaan Prabowo terlibat pelanggaran HAM berat masa lalu, Qodari menilai pada tataran saat ini, hukum positif lah yang berlaku. Hal ini dikarenakan Prabowo, maupun Wiranto sekalipun, tidak menjadi terpidana dan tak terhambat aturan perundang-undangan.

"Maka kemudian, kecenderungannya ya jalan terus. Apalagi ada dinamika dan kalkulasi politik pada masa itu, dan di masa yang akan datang," katanya.

Ketua Umum Gerindra Prabowo Subianto kemarin datang ke Istana Negara. Ia mengatakan akan membantu di Kabinet Kerja Jilid II.

Prabowo juga spesifik menyebut dia diminta membantu di bidang pertahanan. "Saya diizinkan untuk menyampaikan membantu beliau di bidang pertahanan," ujar Prabowo di Istana Negara pada Senin, 21 Oktober 2019.

Prabowo mengatakan telah mendapatkan arahan dari Jokowi. "Tadi beliau memberikan arahan, saya akan bekerja sekeras mungkin untuk mencapai sasaran dan harapan yang ditentukan," ujar Prabowo.

(Tempo)

Meutya Hafid said MEF starting in 2017?, what I remember MEF is started in 2010 with Perpres No. 5 tahun 2010, and a lot of Transfer of Technology has been starting during the period of SBY was completed in the next president era like PKR and submarine, therefore KFX-IFX still on going development, but the media and politician in this era little mention about this.

what do you guys think about the new wamenhan ??
upload_2019-10-25_10-9-42.png

Last edited:
One of Jokowi sponsor for precidency? Very succesfull businessman, with his backhround in telecom business, hope he can do great colaboration with prabowo give mod inputs in his scopes of experience

Menhan Prabowo Subianto Akan Lanjutkan Program – Program Kemhan
Jumat, 25 Oktober 2019

Jakarta
tmp_5164-IMG-20191024-WA0066-1-576150596.jpg
– Prabowo Subianto selaku Pejabat Menhan pada Periode Kabinet Indonesia Maju Masa Bakti 2019-2014 mengatakan, akan meneruskan langkah – langkah program Kementerian Pertahanan yang sudah dirintis oleh Ryamizard Ryacudu selaku Menteri Pertananan pada Kabinet Kerja Masa Bakti 2014-2019.

“Saya akan meneruskan langkah – langkah yang beliau rintis, saya akan berusaha untuk berbuat yang terbaik”, ucap Menhan Prabowo Subianto usai Upacara Serah Terima Jabatan Menteri Pertahanan, Kamis (24/10) di kantor Kemhan, Jakarta.

Menhan Prabowo Subianto lebih lanjut menyampaikan rasa bangganya dapat melanjutkan tugas dan jejak Ryamizard Ryacudu dan akan berusaha sepenuhnya sekuat tenaga melanjutkan apa yang telah dirintis selama lima tahun ini.

Disamping itu, akan mencari terobosan – terobosan baru untuk kemajuan pembangunan kekuatan pertahanan.“Saya bangga mengikuti jejak beliau dan akan berusaha sekuat tenaga melanjutkan apa yang telah dirintis mencari terobosan terobosan baru”, ungkapnya.

Menhan
tmp_5164-IMG-20191024-WA00481176723755.jpg
Prabowo Subainto mengaku sudah diingatkan oleh pejabat Menhan pendahulunya Ryamizard Ryacudu bahwa tugas – tugas Menhan sangat berat dalam membantu Presiden Republik Indonesia menjaga kedaulatan negara, menjaga keutuhan negara dan menjaga keselamatan bangsa.

“Tugas yang saya terima dari Presiden RI adalah untuk ikut membantu memperkuat TNI supaya kita bisa semuanya menjaga kedualatan dan keutuhan wilayah NKRI”, ungkapnya.

Diungkapkannya, dalam waktu cepat akan segera mempelajari tugas – tugas yang perlu segera diselesaikan dengan bekerjasama Mabes TNI dan juga ketiga Angkatan serta kementerian terkait guna mencari solusi yang terbaik. (BDI)

https://www.kemhan.go.id/2019/10/25...to-akan-lanjutkan-program-program-kemhan.html

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom