What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Is there really no compatible anti ship missile intended for F-16 to carry ? I mean even gripen can hold like 4xRBS-15 , why not with the f-16 ?
Theoretically they can be armed with air launched Harpoon however even in US itself maritime strike capabillity is reserved primarily for F/A-18 not F-16

Historically the AGM-84 Harpoon was designed to be able to be carried by F-16's in an interdiction role.

However, the F-16's lower range prevented it from seeing much use as a maritime strike fighter.

However, the Kongsberg NSM/JSM is designed to alleviate that issue. This is part of the reason why I think we should replace the Exocet with NSM's/JSM's

So which fighter will bring anti ship role? I thought sukhoi's will be the one that become air superiority function,so F16 intended to bring AAM and AGM only? I sti dont understand why tni doesn't consider F15/F18 super hornet for our heavy fighter armada F18 with full armament would be sukhoi killer in bvr battle F18 have many external hadrpoints and cheap operational cost and spare parts bejibun
Typical main Striker fighter with anti ship capability imho is on Sukhoi fleet. Long range striker/multi role with dual seating (SU30) is a perfect for this role where the smaller fighters can act as sweeper. SU27 was made for air superiority where SU30 is more balanced and lean more to striker (dual seating). SU35 is combination of both with the role of 2nd pilot being taking over/helped by more sophisticated firing systems and radar, tho still SU35 lean more toward air superiority. As for what kind of missiles our sukhois have for anti ship role? Idk, but with the declasified information about our ownership of KH31P couple years back who knows that we might have KH31A, KH41 or even KH59MK. :D

Typical main Striker fighter with anti ship capability imho is on Sukhoi fleet. Long range striker/multi role with dual seating (SU30) is a perfect for this role where the smaller fighters can act as sweeper. SU27 was made for air superiority where SU30 is more balanced and lean more to striker (dual seating). SU35 is combination of both with the role of 2nd pilot being taking over/helped by more sophisticated firing systems and radar, tho still SU35 lean more toward air superiority. As for what kind of missiles our sukhois have for anti ship role? Idk, but with the declasified information about our ownership of KH31P couple years back who knows that we might have KH31A, KH41 or even KH59MK. :D
And our T-50/FA-50 in future :) can bring korean seasoned Taurus KEPD-350 .
68476428_2287688131329561_3507171982112194560_n.jpg

Sometimes i really think we should gave SAAB a chance.
Saab offers are actually interesting though the chance for Gripen is very low however other products like RBS-70, AT-4, Carl Gustav & NLAW ATGM, Girraffe radar, and Erieye AEWC they are more or less competitive to our needs.
Btw what's the preference for the fighters
FB_IMG_15491866601046862.jpg

Preference on tankers
FB_IMG_15472158518269480.jpg

Preference on heavy lift helicopters
FB_IMG_15472158162979002.jpg

Preference on AEWC ( add Wedgetail since they officially offer us now in their web page )
FB_IMG_15472158088389194.jpg

I think we already have winner on this
51865944_538585679968908_8207601752975867904_o.jpg

Credit to Angkasa Review

Saab offers are actually interesting though the chance for Gripen is very low however other products like RBS-70, AT-4, Carl Gustav & NLAW ATGM, Girraffe radar, and Erieye AEWC they are more or less competitive to our needs.
View attachment 579141
Preference on tankers
View attachment 579142
View attachment 579143
Preference on AEWC ( add Wedgetail since they officially offer us now in their web page )
View attachment 579144
View attachment 579145
Credit to Angkasa Review
F-16V, KC-46 Pegasus, CH-47F Chinook,Wedgetail lol.

View attachment 579141
Preference on tankers
View attachment 579142
View attachment 579143
View attachment 579144
View attachment 579145
Credit to Angkasa Review
We know it already
-F16V because commonality purpose and politics
-A330MRTT (because airbus/PT DI strategic partnership
-chinook because our army staff had tested it already and politics
C295 AWACS because airbus prtnership,and commonality

View attachment 579141
Preference on tankers
View attachment 579142
View attachment 579143
View attachment 579144
View attachment 579145
Credit to Angkasa Review
- Viper (to make us one step closer for F35, advance technology, commonality)
- Pegasus (that Palm oil issue)
- chinook (bandel, if you need super heavy load capability just use fix wing aircraft like c130)
- wedgetail or Saab (but with jet) (kok ga ada gambarnya, ga Masuk ya )
- UAV we already got the winner

Seems alike we can conclude the battle will be between Airbus & Boeing on who can give us more offset.

View attachment 579141
Preference on tankers
View attachment 579142
View attachment 579143
View attachment 579144
View attachment 579145
Credit to Angkasa Review

Viper, for commonality and geopolitics
Pegasus, for palm oil
Chinook, it's the only viable option, and geopolitics as bonus
Saab 340, for palm oil
CH-4, because it's already the winner

View attachment 579141
Preference on tankers
View attachment 579142
View attachment 579143
View attachment 579144
View attachment 579145
Credit to Angkasa Review

Disclaimer: Base on "Yang ada di Hati" (as picture showed)

Gripen
Boeing KC-46 Pegasus
CH-47F Chinook
Saab 340

:D

We know it already
-F16V because commonality purpose and politics
-A330MRTT (because airbus/PT DI strategic partnership
-chinook because our army staff had tested it already and politics
C295 AWACS because airbus prtnership,and commonality
Actually there's an equal chance Boeing might snag the orders.

They also do work with PTDI along with the fact that Boeing's business pitch is bulk orders (Buying more stuff from them = cheaper prices and more benefits in the long run).

Remember that the Chinooks are made by Boeing, and if you order that with the Pegasus and the Wedgetail you can guarantee that the end price and FSR service will be heaps better than what EADS/Airbus has to offer.

Back
Top Bottom