083527a479e05a198e5986cd32ae07dc.jpg

*) Credit to their respective owners.

2 HARIMAU MEDIUM TANK PROTOTYPES JOINTLY PRESENT:

at Bandung, PT PINDAD ANNIVERSARY

Chief of Armed Forces

Army Chief of Staff

at Istanbul, IDEF 2019 Turkey

Last edited:
Looking at this PULAT APS tests video looks like explosive. I could be wrong though.

Hmm..too unclear of a footage to make sure.

Listen how this outlet narrating the video with clear, well researched, points with no confusion, such as the way they said APS-3 Anoa and not just 'Panser'.

Army Chief of Staff

Chief of Armed Forces

Army Chief of Staff

at Istanbul, IDEF 2019 Turkey

Speaking of the camo uniform discussion few days ago, i think it's all answered in the Andika's video, Andika and the soldiers all wears the new NKRI camo, in the Army's HQ, pretty much "confirmed" that the standardization of NKRI camo is indeed a part of Andika's agenda as the Army Chief of Staff.

Reminds of ERA, the principle is very similar, so what's the key difference between them? how PULAT works as an APS and not ERA?

ERA just sits there waiting for the beating. APS actively SEEKS the incoming projectile.

ERA is passive protection, PULAT is active protection

From the video, I think the tube contains explosive material that will detonate when the tank detects incoming rocket/missile. It's more similar to Russian Arena APS. I think it's inferior compared to trophy/arena since it adds considerable width to the hull thus limiting the tank's maneuverability and somehow it looks fragile (kyknya kalau nyerempet tembok/kendaraan lain bakal copot)

ERA is passive protection, PULAT is active protection

From the video, I think the tube contains explosive material that will detonate when the tank detects incoming rocket/missile. It's more similar to Russian Arena APS. I think it's inferior compared to trophy/arena since it adds considerable width to the hull thus limiting the tank's maneuverability and somehow it looks fragile (kyknya kalau nyerempet tembok/kendaraan lain bakal copot)
Ok i get it, and i agree with the fact that the modules add to the hull's width, it kinda eliminate the advantage of the MT's smaller stature and the PULAT looks like a fragile target. The Turks have other APS from Akkor that functions like the Trophy, with launchers in several points on the tank that could fire grenades that will detonates near the incoming projectile, i think this kind of APS is overall better than the PULAT module, so why wont we just pick that one instead? Well, PULAT is still an APS, so at least there's some improvement lol.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom