What's new

Indonesia Aerospace Forum

three-view-drawing-n245-lci.png

N 245 project will not be pursuit under current administration and need to wait next administration to be executed. This is the project to modify CN 235 to make it more suitable and efficient for civilian use and it targets to compete ATR 42. Many believe that the market under the category will give so much potential for PTDI sales performance. The plane can take of and land under unpaved run way. Very potential to be used for developing countries in Asia and Africa.

According to government, they prefer to develop MALE drone. As covid 19 outbreak effect state budget, so I think it is understandable for government to delay the development of N245 plane. There are three drone related project that will be pursuit that I believe all of them are related to MALE UAV program that has been revealed at the beginning of this year. Beside making several prototypes and testing them, the other 2 drone related project I believe are subsystems development like flight control, mission system, and SAR radar for the same UAV.

Look like PTDI is developing CN 235-220 as civilian plane after budget from government to build N 245 is not given. This is a tweet from Indonesian defense journalist. The development though will also be helpful to build N245 later if next government (beyond 2024) agrees to disburse the fund for N 245 program.

Look like PTDI is developing CN 235-220 as civilian plane after budget from government to build N 245 is not given. This is a tweet from Indonesian defense journalist. The development though will also be helpful to build N245 later if next government (beyond 2024) agrees to disburse the fund for N 245 program.

did you ask him for permission already?? lol

did you ask him for permission already?? lol

No need for that I believe, what it means of his words telling that his tweet should not be quoted without prior consent is about some one who put his quote on the publication like news or something. Twitter is a public area and putting his tweet on this forum or even on FB is similar like retweeting that he seems to be OK with. People can get the link and his twitter can get more popularity and I think it is inline with his interest to be active in twitter.

Thank for your information. Someone has to update that wiki page.

However, according to this news
https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2...gets_new_C_295M_plane_from_Spain#.Xs6GxTr7Q2w

Philippines is acquiring a new C-295 for PHP1.8 billion (USD $35.6m). If this is true, then Indonesia is either paying more money for their C-295 or Philippines is getting a bargain. Plus, C-295 is superior in almost every aspect and I can't see a logical reason to go for a C-235 if the prices were the same.

However, I think you are right. Senegal is happy with their fleet of C-235 and I believe that's the reason why they re-ordered the same aircraft. Indonesia has a compelling aircraft that even the US operates.

I think the price of CN 235 is varied and it will be based on the configuration. CN 235 produced by PTDI and sold to Senegal is priced at 25 million USD which is 10 million dollar cheaper than C 295 sold to Philippine.

Here is the news in Indonesian language (bahasa)

https://www.cnbcindonesia.com/news/...-rp-400-m-pesawat-buatan-ri-mulai-laris-manis

3 Indonesian fighter pilots that are tasked to help KFX/IFX development and are prepared to test Indonesian IFX made prototype have finished studying in Bandung Institute of Technology as aerospace engineer (and also test pilot school at England) and currently help PTDI to test N219 plane. PTDI itself has already had test pilot for N 219 so the additional test pilot for N 219 look like to be used to fasten the certification process. Hopefully this year the certification can be taken so that production for Aceh province order can be started.

Air Force personnel who are helping to test N219 plane.

Pilot-uji-N219-dari-TNI-AU.jpeg

Look on the emblem, it is definately fighter test pilot.

KPK detains former PT DI director over graft case involving fictitious projects
  • Moch. Fiqih Prawira Adjie
    The Jakarta Post
Jakarta / Fri, June 12, 2020 / 08:03 pm

2020_06_12_97586_1591958415._large.jpg

Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) chairman Firli Bahuri (center) speaks during a press briefing on the arrest of former PT Dirgantara Indonesia president director Budi Santoso at the KPK headquarters in Jakarta on June 12. (Courtesy of/KPK)

The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has detained former PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PT DI) president director Budi Santoso and former commerce director Irzal Rinaldi Zailani, naming both of them suspects in a graft case involving apparently fictitious projects at the state-owned aircraft manufacturer between 2007 and 2017.

KPK chairman Firli Bahuri said on Friday that Budi and Irzal would be detained for the next 20 days for further investigation.

Both were charged under Articles 2 and 3 of the 2001 Corruption Law, which prohibit the abuse of power for personal gain resulting in state losses. Each charge carries a potential 20 years of prison and Rp 1 billion (US$70,509) in fines.

Between 2008 and 2011, PT DI entered partnership contracts with trading companies PT Angkasa Mitra Karya, PT Bumiloka Tegar Perkasa, PT Abadi Sentosa Perkasa, PT Niaga Putra Bangsa and PT Selaras Bangun Usaha.

However, none of the parties ever carried out the work stated in their contracts.

Read also: Activists slam KPK for discussing raise for leaders amid declining public faith

PT DI, nevertheless, allegedly paid the companies a total of Rp 205.3 billion and $8.6 million between 2011 and 2018.

The KPK has asserted that these were entirely fictitious projects.

“We will develop the case, and [possibly] connect it with money laundering crimes,” Firli said in the a press conference on Friday, adding that the KPK had seized a total of Rp 18.6 billion in cash and property allegedly involved in the case.

Firli predicted that the state had lost about Rp 330 billion in the case, judging by the payments made by PT DI.

He added that such state losses were sufficient to give approximately 1 million families social aid during the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.thejakartapost.com/news...graft-case-involving-fictitious-projects.html

Good discussion about Indonesian Aerospace Industry future for Indonesian members.

R80 and N245 program are also highly discussed here.

According to PTDI Director statement on that recent video above, N 245 program is still going on without government financial help. PTDI uses 14 % of its internal budget for N245 conceptual design development currently.

CN 235-202 C development for civilian use is also continuing

Research Ministry will try to put N245 and R80 program in National Research Priority Program. So there is huge possibility that we will make prototype of N245 before 2024. It is based on 2 June meeting.

N 219 and N219 Amphibious development are still on track. N 219 test flight got some difficulty to do test flight in Bandung due to lock down measure, so I think it is why test flight seems to be slower despite it has reached 85 % completion in January this year.

According to PTDI Director statement on that recent video above, N 245 program is still going on without government financial help. PTDI uses 14 % of its internal budget for N245 conceptual design development currently.

CN 235-202 C development for civilian use is also continuing

Research Ministry will try to put N245 and R80 program in National Research Priority Program. So there is huge possibility that we will make prototype of N245 before 2024. It is based on 2 June meeting.

N 219 and N219 Amphibious development are still on track. N 219 test flight got some difficulty to do test flight in Bandung due to lock down measure, so I think it is why test flight seems to be slower despite it has reached 85 % completion in January this year.

What I like about Indonesia is that they actually try to build their commerical aircraft industry and their state-backed company is not afraid of investing in the project. Korea is on the other hand has discussed developing a turboprop commercial aircraft over two decades without any result. I believe one point KAI considered partnering up with Indonesia. Now KAI considers to build a Dash 8/Q400 series under the license with an option of buying the entire production line for Asian market. The problems with Korea, Japan and China have been the fact that they try to build a commercial aircraft with 70~100+ seats straight way. They may learn a thing or two from Indonesian commercial aircraft programs.

Back
Top Bottom