What's new

Indira Gandhi planned a mass invasion of Pakistan | CIA Records

I dont think a mass invasion of west pakistan in 1972 would have been successful. Situation here was completly different from east pakistan where 90000 surrounded troops had no other option than to give up or die and local population was against them as well. West pakistan's population back then was 70,000,000. With a generous supply of weapons and oil probably from china/US and iran it could have turned into a very hard fight for indian army. They might have ended up with only enough land to bury their dead in.

don't talk what could have happened please talk what happened in 71 was the worst humiliating defeat in history of war (no other country was divided permanently in to two separate countries) and what happened after war was that pakistan understood that its impossible for pakistan to defeat india in direct war so pakistan started proxy war in punjab in name of khalistan (which has been sorted out very well) and in kashmir on the name UN referendum nice tried in kashmir but my good friend let me remind you one fact total army of pakistan == indian army in kashmir.

bottom line the "K" will be missing from pakistan forever:sniper:

don't talk what could have happened please talk what happened in 71 was the worst humiliating defeat in history of war (no other country was divided permanently in to two separate countries) and what happened after war was that pakistan understood that its impossible for pakistan to defeat india in direct war so pakistan started proxy war in punjab in name of khalistan (which has been sorted out very well) and in kashmir on the name UN referendum nice tried in kashmir but my good friend let me remind you one fact total army of pakistan == indian army in kashmir.

First try to control your Kashmir before dreaming of the other :lol:

Thanks for calling it "yours". At last, one Pakistani saw the light.

Oh I missed the word occupied :D and never the less I believe that Kashmir is for Kashmir’s both Nation should leave them alone so that They can be good neighbor's of China :D :china:

Last edited:

Actually i thought given the title of the thread people here would be discussing the finer points of the possible scenarios that would arise had india attacked, considering this is a military forum. But now i am reminded by your post that some here are just to tell others how super they are and how weak others are. South asian way of satisfying egos i guess.

Oh I missed the word occupied :D and never the less I believe that Kashmir is for Kashmir’s both Nation should leave them alone so that They can be good neighbor's of China :D :china:

LOL - I know you missed it; I just couldn't resist though.

One thing is for certain, in the 63 years, India's hegemonic foreign policy is so consistent and evident. Whether it was supporting the Tamil tigers to subjugate a smaller neighbor or plan a shameless assassination of the Nepal’s royal family to exercise Indian authority, its all there... Back in 47-48, it was Nehru who is on record to have sent Indian troops in an act of gross violation of UN agendas and in 71 it was his progeny having the same aspirations... TO SPLIT UP THE ONLY NATION IN THE REGION THAT HAS ENOUGH GUTTS TO LOOK INDIA IN THE EYES AND REFUSE TO BE AFRAID OF HER MIGHT!:sniper:

And yet India denies of having any malicious intent towards Pakistan. The open letter of Z A Bhutto was a true mirror of India's ulterior intentions. Indhra acting to be the moral Indian tried to appease the Pakistanis by saying that the indian Nuclear programme is not hostile, which was incessantly used for a policy of intimidation until the Nuclear tests conducted in Pakistan gave india a final and conclusive shut up call.

India or Indra may take pride in the fact that they split us up (at least in 30 years they have developed some moral fiber to accept and not repudiate their suruptious activities which led to the Dhaka debacle.) But the real point is that India is nothing but A BIG BULLY, who only capitalizes on its weaker neighbors and bends over backwards down in front of anybody remotely powerful. Pakistan was under sanctions in 71, other wise India would have not dared to play ‘Hero of the Oppressed’ in Bangladesh. Here, it is noteworthy, that Mujeeb himself was groomed in accordance to pro-india political stance since his college days, and while we are discussing ‘balls’ may I say that india should not use the nomenclature, after all what knowledge would a eunuch have of the male genital organs. Since India never had, nor will have enough courage to confront a REAL LION, she always used treacherous and immoral Chanakia ideology. It seems that resorting to unscrupulous means is the only method india knows, be it in a martial or diplomatic front.

The Lions Of Asoka, the state symbol of this mighty nation reminds me of the lions of the Hollywood Film “the Ghost and the Darkness” whereby the two lions enjoyed preying on helpless citizens but ran away and hid (and ultimately sorted out) when they realized that the hunters have come to make trophies out of them! That’s whats going to happen to India!:hang2:

All this and India STILL blatantly denies that it has nefarious plans for Pakistan! :lol:

As far as balls are concerned, don’t worry, we’ll give you an opportunity to see a set of real functional BALLS soon enough… :victory::yahoo::bounce::agree::pakistan:

INDRA IN THE WORDS OF KHUSHWANTH SINGH

There is nothing spectacular about her rule.

She was incapable of tolerating any criticism and she picked up an aversion to some persons because she thought they were challenging her, among them Jayaprakash Narayan, a good, honest man. She couldn’t stand him because he was a challenge to her as the leader of the country, especially as people grew disillusioned with her rule. There were problems, droughts, challenges and Jayaprakash Narayan had emerged as a leader.

During her reign, corruption increased to enormous levels. She was really very tolerant of corruption, which was another negative mark against her. She knew perfectly well that some of her ministers were extremely corrupt, yet she took no steps against them till it suited her.

Also, she felt uncomfortable with educated, sophisticated people. So you have the rise of people like Yashpal Kapoor, R K Dhawan, who was a stenographer who worked in her office, Mohammad Yunus, who just hung around her.

I believe this was because she had no real education, as also pointed out by her Pakistani counter part and ex fellow scholar in a UK ivy leage university.

She went to Shanti Niketan, then she went to Badminton School abroad, then to Oxford. Nowhere did she pass an exam or acquire a degree.

I think that bred a sort of inferiority complex of not being recognised as an educated person. She would pretend to have read a lot of books. She spoke French, which she picked up when she accompanied her ailing mother Kamala to Switzerland, which went in her favour.

How did her insecurities, about which much has been written, affect India?

In her insecurity, she destroyed the institutions of democracy. She packed Parliament with her supporters with loyalty being more important than ability; she superseded judges; she corrupted the civil service. Favouritism became a great sport with her.

In the long run it was not good for the country to play such games as she did.

And had it not been to the constant pocket money provided to India by the then communist Bear, India would have surely suffured the same fate as west and east Pakistan
:agree:

:pakistan:

One thing is for certain, in the 63 years, India's hegemonic foreign policy is so consistent and evident. Whether it was supporting the Tamil tigers to subjugate a smaller neighbor or plan a shameless assassination of the Nepal’s royal family to exercise Indian authority, its all there... Back in 47-48, it was Nehru who is on record to have sent Indian troops in an act of gross violation of UN agendas and in 71 it was his progeny having the same aspirations... TO SPLIT UP THE ONLY NATION IN THE REGION THAT HAS ENOUGH GUTTS TO LOOK INDIA IN THE EYES AND REFUSE TO BE AFRAID OF HER MIGHT!:sniper:

And yet India denies of having any malicious intent towards Pakistan. The open letter of Z A Bhutto was a true mirror of India's ulterior intentions. Indhra acting to be the moral Indian tried to appease the Pakistanis by saying that the indian Nuclear programme is not hostile, which was incessantly used for a policy of intimidation until the Nuclear tests conducted in Pakistan gave india a final and conclusive shut up call.

India or Indra may take pride in the fact that they split us up (at least in 30 years they have developed some moral fiber to accept and not repudiate their suruptious activities which led to the Dhaka debacle.) But the real point is that India is nothing but A BIG BULLY, who only capitalizes on its weaker neighbors and bends over backwards down in front of anybody remotely powerful. Pakistan was under sanctions in 71, other wise India would have not dared to play ‘Hero of the Oppressed’ in Bangladesh. Here, it is noteworthy, that Mujeeb himself was groomed in accordance to pro-india political stance since his college days, and while we are discussing ‘balls’ may I say that india should not use the nomenclature, after all what knowledge would a eunuch have of the male genital organs. Since India never had, nor will have enough courage to confront a REAL LION, she always used treacherous and immoral Chanakia ideology. It seems that resorting to unscrupulous means is the only method india knows, be it in a martial or diplomatic front.

The Lions Of Asoka, the state symbol of this mighty nation reminds me of the lions of the Hollywood Film “the Ghost and the Darkness” whereby the two lions enjoyed preying on helpless citizens but ran away and hid (and ultimately sorted out) when they realized that the hunters have come to make trophies out of them! That’s whats going to happen to India!:hang2:

All this and India STILL blatantly denies that it has nefarious plans for Pakistan! :lol:

As far as balls are concerned, don’t worry, we’ll give you an opportunity to see a set of real functional BALLS soon enough… :victory::yahoo::bounce::agree::pakistan:

We did see those in Dhaka when 91,000 of your troops surrendered without putting up a fight. We saw them in Kargil when Nawaz Sharif ran to Clinton to bail him out and Clinton even refused to see him in the White House. We also saw in that spectacular dud called Operation Grand Slam in 1965 when Pakistan set out to conquer Kashmir and ended up defending Lahore.

As far as insulting our national emblem - The Lions of Sarnath - which is deeply connected to our ethos and our religious roots is concerned, your comments say a lot more about you than they do about us.

^^^^^^ :blah::blah::blah:

dont talk of belittling religiuos ethos, it doesnt suit a nation involved in mass govt sponsored genocide, and it so intollerent towars its own lower class leave alone other religious ideologies! stop ur rambling!

dont talk of belittling religiuos ethos, it doesnt suit a nation involved in mass govt sponsored genocide, and it so intollerent towars its own lower class leave alone other religious ideologies! stop ur rambling!

All I have to say to people like you is: put up pr shut up.

Attack India, make 'trophies out of the metaphorical lions' if you can. What's stopping you? I'll tell you what - your own regime's understanding of the fact that you will be pulverized and put back by 20 years if you try such stunts.

All you can do is to try to fire off China's back but trust me - if you try actual adventurism, China is not going to sacrifice its economic development and progress for your useless warmongering - they will stay well away.

Understand that, and embed it into your psyche. Constantly "threatening" a vastly more powerful and superior force will only earn you ridicule.

Speaking of rambling, are you referring to the genocide of East Pakistanis? You have your history and your geography mixed up.

Easy Bro.Watch some Simpsons or go watch a movie.

That was past.Intentions on your side towards India have not been great either.Its just that only we did the execution part.We have moved on since 1971 cos that generation is no more commanding the thought process or direction of India.

Life is good.

All I have to say to people like you is: put up pr shut up.

Attack India, make 'trophies out of the metaphorical lions' if you can. What's stopping you? I'll tell you what - your own regime's understanding of the fact that you will be pulverized and put back by 20 years if you try such stunts.

All you can do is to try to fire off China's back but trust me - if you try actual adventurism, China is not going to sacrifice its economic development and progress for your useless warmongering - they will stay well away.

Understand that, and embed it into your psyche. Constantly "threatening" a vastly more powerful and superior force will only earn you ridicule.

Man... am i supposed to be scared? stupidified? shuld i bow down to u? please dont send ur BLACK(*****)CATS after me!!:chilli: and dont fire your Akash or Agni (duds) at my country. I beg of youuuuuu :rofl:

When did i say that we're coming to sort u out?? the last time i checked it was some guy called KAPOOR(AA) who was taking big on how he can take Pakistan and China simultaneously... thats exactky my point, u guys should stop playing thaneydaar of the region. yes, if push comes to shove then we wont exactly wait for an invitation card to become THE LION HUNTER !:smitten:

Man... history 302, dont take too much pride in your (so-called)might and superiority! and if u need to be further convinced, call 9251-111-111-DAVID. boast them of your superiority, dont forget to mention you name, Goliath!

Man... am i supposed to be scared? stupidified? shuld i bow down to u? please dont send ur BLACK(*****)CATS after me!!:chilli: and dont fire your Akash or Agni (duds) at my country. I beg of youuuuuu :rofl:

When did i say that we're coming to sort u out?? the last time i checked it was some guy called KAPOOR(AA) who was taking big on how he can take Pakistan and China simultaneously... thats exactky my point, u guys should stop playing thaneydaar of the region. yes, if push comes to shove then we wont exactly wait for an invitation card to become THE LION HUNTER !:smitten:

Man... history 302, dont take too much pride in your (so-called)might and superiority! and if u need to be further convinced, call 9251-111-111-DAVID. boast them of your superiority, dont forget to mention you name, Goliath!

istockphoto_3868327-big-yawn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom