What's new

Indigenous Shahed-216 attack Helicopter Project revealed for first time

Same platform = same helicopter

Differences in capability between F-14A vs F-14D are like night and day but at the end of the day it's the same platform so they are both F-14's

Iran is fully free to designate it's helicopters what ever it wants but if you haven't completely redesigned and built a new platform at the end of the day it's the same platform now you can call it what you want but the platform is the same and honestly if Iran is building the Touphon-3 exactly what capability does this new helo bring with it that can't be added on to our current platform?

This is the type of helicopter Iran needs to be working towards building!
People here keep forgetting where Iran was 30 years ago. Most of the people here probably are not old enough to remember but back then and during the sanctions and Iraq invasion, we didn't even know how to build mortar shell. My uncle was a metallurgy engineering student back then and I remember his instructor had been asked by the defense ministry to try to find the proper alloy combination for the mortar shell!

Building a car engine was like a dream. Copying one of the existing airplanes and choppers was simply unthinkable.

West has been building airplanes for 100 years. Iran's oldest university is a little older than 100 years. Don't expect Iran to jump from zero to designing a state of the art, industry disrupting chopper. Best way to close the gap and learn, is to take the existing platform and do minor changes and study how each change will increase or decrease its performance. That's the only way our engineers can learn the things that are not written in any book or are not taught in universities.

After a while they will come to the point where they know the existing platform in and out and then they can start to renovate. Just like what happened in Iran's missile productions. So don't look for revolutionary changes in Iran's aviation industry anytime soon. We are still very young in this segment.

People here keep forgetting where Iran was 30 years ago. Most of the people here probably are not old enough to remember but back then and during the sanctions and Iraq invasion, we didn't even know how to build mortar shell. My uncle was a metallurgy engineering student back then and I remember his instructor had been asked by the defense ministry to try to find the proper alloy combination for the mortar shell!

Building a car engine was like a dream. Copying one of the existing airplanes and choppers was simply unthinkable.

West has been building airplanes for 100 years. Iran's oldest university is a little older than 100 years. Don't expect Iran to jump from zero to designing a state of the art, industry disrupting chopper. Best way to close the gap and learn, is to take the existing platform and do minor changes and study how each change will increase or decrease its performance. That's the only way our engineers can learn the things that are not written in any book or are not taught in universities.

After a while they will come to the point where they know the existing platform in and out and then they can start to renovate. Just like what happened in Iran's missile productions. So don't look for revolutionary changes in Iran's aviation industry anytime soon. We are still very young in this segment.

and we can't print 80 billion dollar in month so , we can't spend like westerns as well ...

IMG_20151128_140114.jpg

حالم از آدمایی که تو یه فروم بین المللی از خودمون بد میگن بهم میخوره.

Kudos. I hope they start mass production.

Light, cheap and effective choppers are needed for Iran when Iran doesn't have massive defence budget.

R u sure the dimensions are right soheil? The rear rotor most be around 3 meters (2.95 meters I guess)... The gun is not in a right place becoz it deprives the tracking and fire control module to have downward view.... the engines are bigger in this new chopper... the wheels are also short in a way that the gun touches the ground... I don't know but I think the dimensions is not right... it is a huge chopper comparing to the cobras..what do you think?

btw, any front view?

i'm dying to see muharram machine gun in helicopter designs. does anyone know exactly why no one is using muharram in their designs? at least we could send some to syria with those safirs. combination of that and a well built attack helicopter would make a bada$$ equipment for urban warfare
I guess they already installed semi-heavy Gatling on chopper in Iran...not on attack ones though

IRan pasraft karde too tajhizate nezami? come on bro... Military hardware involves a huge range of different weaponry which either need tens of billions of dollar every year or patience...

When there is shortage of budget and thousands of projects a sane commander prioritize projects in way to secure current security of the nation first and then looks a head for competitive oness...

R u sure the dimensions are right soheil? The rear rotor most be around 3 meters (2.95 meters I guess)... The gun is not in a right place becoz it deprives the tracking and fire control module to have downward view.... the engines are bigger in this new chopper... the wheels are also short in a way that the gun touches the ground... I don't know but I think the dimensions is not right... it is a huge chopper comparing to the cobras..what do you think?

btw, any front view?

I'm not sure about anything !

I just have some informations ...

I guess they already installed semi-heavy Gatling on chopper in Iran...not on attack ones though

IRan pasraft karde too tajhizate nezami? come on bro... Military hardware involves a huge range of different weaponry which either need tens of billions of dollar every year or patience...

When there is shortage of budget and thousands of projects a sane commander prioritize projects in way to secure current security of the nation first and then looks a head for competitive oness...
I don't think they install any Gatling gun on it, It's useless extra weight, even apache doesn't have it.

But useful in air support missions !
only if it was a few decade ago and your opponents didn't have any man pads. except some light armed terrorists like south east groups, I can't think of any other use. and I yet to see any air born operations against them!

Iranians need to stop posting photoshop pictures it's embarrassing...

And changing the platform has to make sense!

Are we changing the platform because Iranian leader envision better relations with the U.S. and due to US copy right laws we wont be able to produce the same platform without legal ramifications if we normalize ties with the U.S.?
Are we changing the platform to build a more powerful helicopter with higher speed or caring capacity?
or is it simply nothing more than research project(porojeh tahgeegati) and a tech demonstrator

Back
Top Bottom