What's new

India's Top Five Achievements Since Independence ( 1947 )

One of our Major Achievement is Golden Quadrilateral.

Numbers of Special Economic Zone has come up long it.

It is also one of the major reason of our Economic growth.

Golden Quadrilateral - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

290px-Golden_Quadrilateral.svg.png

250px-HIghway_Chennai_Bangalore.jpg

golden-quad.jpg

No offence to XiniX..but MNREGA ? Are you kidding me?

That scheme has wreaked havoc with agriculture down here..

@Contract Killer Brain Child of AB Vajpayee....I think its correct.

No offence to XiniX..but MNREGA ? Are you kidding me?
That scheme has wreaked havoc with agriculture down here..
Not to forget fueling corruption even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx Buddy....

Dear @XiNiX..........

A Very Refreshing Thread.

Far from D Contest and hatred.

Far from those negative feeling for our Law & order situation.

You have brought so much of positive vibes for all of us.

Thanku so much.

Maintaining unity, despite having by far the most diverse population amongst the major countries.

Every other major country has one majority ethnicity+culture that is clearly dominant in the demographics.

China - 92% Han Chinese
Britain - 85% White British
Japan - 98% Ethnic Japanese
America - 75% White American
Russia - 81% Ethnic Russian

India - No majority Ethnic+cultural grouping

Some may not agree with me - but our unity has been for a major reason due to this - http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/189327-india-sacred-geography-bound-dharma.html

For this i would like to THANK the Britishers, they made us feel that we are actually ONE COUNTRY,

Nahh....when British left we had still 500 odd independent princely states. British did didly squat in doing anything. First we have to move over certain colonial narratives. We dont owe them anything. Please read the link in the first part of the post to understand why the "idea" of India was always there, atleast subconsciously, in us for millenia.

I'm surprised no one mentioned about the increased literacy rate which was somewhere below 20% when we achieved independence to about 75% today..all in just 65 years. This is the single most important achievement..by far important than anything else.

And I dont consider us maintaining our unity as an achievement..that is something new, artificially created countries should be proud of..we are a civilizational state with a history of over 5000 years and we are destined to be like this.

A country with 4/5th Hindu population which has

1. Present Prime Minister : sikh
2. Present Army General : Sikh
3. Present Defence-Minister: Christian/Atheist
4. Missile-man : Muslim
5. Leader of the majority party : Christian/Italian
6. Missile Woman : Christian ( Tessy thomas )
7. Chief Election Commissioner : Muslim

The real achievement would be when we stop seeing religion in everything like for example above. Frankly even I see religion sometimes. But I hope that would stop somewhere in the future and everybody could just be a loyal Indian.

I'm surprised no one mentioned about the increased literacy rate which was somewhere below 20% when we achieved independence to about 75% today..all in just 65 years. This is the single most important achievement..by far important than anything else.

And I dont consider us maintaining our unity as an achievement..that is something new, artificially created countries should be proud of..we are a civilizational state with a history of over 5000 years and we are destined to be like this.

The real achievement would be when we stop seeing religion in everything like for example above. Frankly even I see religion sometimes. But I hope that would stop somewhere in the future and everybody could just be a loyal Indian.

Bro.. its there on Page #1.

Penetration of Telecom in every part of India and implementation of One India plan should be there. What's your thought? @XiNiX

Nobody is looking everything through religious angle. I am just quoting it for our neighbours !!

Penetration of Telecom in every part of India and implementation of One India plan should be there. What's your thought? @XiNiX

I second That. That makes me Remember what the former NASSCOM Chief (Late) Mr. Devang Mehta Once Said.. Roti Kapda Makan aur BANDWIDTH !! is the Need of India .

images

1. Functional Democracy: Despite of having many differences among the political parties, change in govt is peaceful. No party tries to stay in power after loosing elections.

2. Unity in Diversity: Some scholar of Yugoslavia made a statement on Indian Independence that India as a Country will not stand for more than 25 years.

3. Literacy Rate: Now Close to 75% and more than 80% among population below 25 years.

4. Green Revolution and Operation Flood: Made India a surplus nation in grains and Milk.

5. Smiling Buddha/ISRO: Made India a Nuclear Power/ Many achievements in space technology

-- Green Revolution
-- White Revolution ( Operation Flood )
-- Telecom Revolution
-- Space / Missile programmes
-- Economic Liberalisation

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom