What's new

India's Top Five Achievements Since Independence ( 1947 )

In my opinion the biggest achievment is General Elections

The worst failur is prevailing of cast based system mentality

I'd consider Election reforms as part of sustainable democracy not a achievement of it's own.

Regarding cast system where do you see failure. You are trying to be very pessimistic. We'll call it a failure if there is no or negative progress. You should look at brighter side... the gap has been narrowed in past 65 years, though, there is a room for improvement but we cannot call it as a failure but under-achievement. Eventually it will be gone!!

drunkards and idiots pulled us into the democratic fold when it was endangered in '78 by Indira :)

and most importantly,

A country with 4/5th Hindu population which has

1. Present Prime Minister : sikh
2. Present Army General : Sikh
3. Present Defence-Minister: Christian/Atheist
4. Missile-man : Muslim
5. Leader of the majority party : Christian/Italian :lol:
6. Missile Woman : Christian ( Tessy thomas )
7. Chief Election Commissioner : Muslim

8.Indian icon Abdul kalam is a muslim.

Another achievement is 1984 Operation Blue Star authorized by Indira Gandhi which succesfully crushed Sikh insurgency by attacking Amritsar.

Killing Innocents My be "An Achievement" ( So Can be 26/11 and 1971 Massacres ) in ur View But Not in India and for Indians.

I Guess Thats the Reason why American Drones Create "Achievements" in Pakistan !

GUYS ARE WE FORGETTING:

DELHI METRO

It has made our Capital, a city of modern 21st century.

One of the two Metros which are in Operational Profit.

Predicted to become world's largest network of Metro by 2020-25.

Thanks to effort of One man - E SHRIDHARAN.

Killing Innocents My be "An Achievement" ( So Can be 26/11 and 1971 Massacres ) in ur View But Not in India and for Indians.

I Guess Thats the Reason why American Drones Create "Achievements" in Pakistan !

Well he did not even mention the word innocent, just the fact that an insurgent movement within our country has been stopped an completely destroyed, which is definitely an achievement.

1) IITs/IIMs
2) ISRO
3) Green Revolution
4) Economic Reforms 1991
5) Unity in Diversity
6) Russian Friendship :)

Dear @XiNiX..........

A Very Refreshing Thread.

Far from D Contest and hatred.

Far from those negative feeling for our Law & order situation.

You have brought so much of positive vibes for all of us.

Thanku so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
The number 1 on the list is indeed the number 1 IMHO. Post 1947 the odds were massively stacked against India the West beloved India would break up within months but 60+ years down the road India is still going strong! It is hard to comprehend the scale of this achievement and it is even harder to imagine such an achievement in any other nation. Yes there are problems, in a country as populous with as many challenges as India there will ALWAYS be problems but the trajectory is straight up for India year by year things are definitely improving- a statement few nations on earth can utter.

+ I'm surprised he UDAI/ADHAAR project is not on the list- when completed this will have been one hell of an achievement. Even at today's level with 200 million+ already processed it is the largest scale project of its kind in human history! When implemented this project will bring prosperity and prospects to those who need it the most. This project will add serious percentage points to India's economic growth within the decade, mark my words!

The number 1 on the list is indeed the number 1 IMHO. Post 1947 the odds were massively stacked against India the West beloved India would break up within months but 60+ years down the road India is still going strong! It is hard to comprehend the scale of this achievement and it is even harder to imagine such an achievement in any other nation. Yes there are problems, in a country as populous with as many challenges as India there will ALWAYS be problems but the trajectory is straight up for India year by year things are definitely improving- a statement few nations on earth can utter.

+ I'm surprised he UDAI/ADHAAR project is not on the list- when completed this will have been one hell of an achievement. Even at today's level with 200 million+ already processed it is the largest scale project of its kind in human history! When implemented this project will bring prosperity and prospects to those who need it the most. This project will add serious percentage points to India's economic growth within the decade, mark my words!

I watch AADHAAR enrolments everyday at https://data.uidai.gov.in/uiddatacatalog/dataCatalogHome.do
(much like some people keep track of number of flights of LCA Tejas :laugh:)

As of date total enrolments are 249.5 million; a shade short of 250 million.

But it's still a long way to go ... and still not beyond the possibility of ending up a failure.

Hence, not yet an achievement. Enrolments aren't the victory, in themselves.

The tranformation that comes with direct cash transfers, bank accounts, "zero corruption in benefits delivery" etc. ... those are big things .. but as of date, not realized.

I am still keeping my fingers crossed on this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom