What's new

India's Tejas and China's Xiaolong fighters compared

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a matter of fact Indians have learnt many things from Tejas Program as it was bottom-up program. The JF-17 is top-down approach, PAC have learnt to produce an aircraft but the basic technologies involved are still to be mastered. Indians have learnt the basic technologies and this will help them in future. But Pakistani approach is not bad, are replacing the avionics slowly.
The project for avionics of jf-17 is already given to AWC and they made whole department for it last year. And AWC is already working on Air to Air Missile, BVR Missile.

most of air forces in World do not even have a decent 4th Generation air craft. Thunder and Tejas have their place in current decade. They need to be upgraded heavily to compete in skies after 2020

then plz correct me..................................

After 2020 you will see 5th gen aircraft and 5th gen protoypes taking to the skies. Russia is already flying a prototype of the FGFA in which India has invested a lot. IAF has plans for inducting 250-300 of the PAK-FA - it will take a LOOONG time for that - but you can sense in which direction all air forces are moving.

Given geographical demands IAF will need to maintain a 40 squadron fighter force and hence will be forced to use aircraft which are below standard in comparison to modern european fighters.

I don't understand why ''people'' say
China's Xiaolong
not
Pakistan's Thunders

They need to be upgraded heavily to compete in skies after 2020

Your point is valid but it begs the question how many squadrons of Tejas/Thunder will be available by 2020? If say only 60 odd aircraft are available at that point of time would it make sense to invest in producing another 140 odd aircraft of the same when there is an opportunity to buy/invest in modern futuristic fighters?

I don't understand why ''people'' say
China's Xiaolong
not
Pakistan's Thunders

Because it is ultimately a Chinese aircraft just like MKI is a Russian aircraft greatly modified by India for IAF use. MKI is a completely different variant from other Russian Sukhoi-30 models.

The project for avionics of jf-17 is already given to AWC and they made whole department for it last year. And AWC is already working on Air to Air Missile, BVR Missile.
so what is"AWC"

well tejasis already quite good even in MK1 version and a single tejas can do work of one MIG 21(point defnce) and a Mig 27 (strategik bombing) simontainousli and also can carry more feul and wepons as for tejas getting late unlike PAF which induced JF 17 without IOC or FOC and missile firing capability IAF from day one wanted a fully capable and thouroghly tested fighter + the last goverment & IAF top brass was not keen to induce tejas as foriegn fighters also bring heavy "kick backs"and that is the main diffrence

Sir again what all You are quoting is just based on WOULD part as we are still waiting for its ops.Regarding JF-17 being put in service without any weapon carrying capability point, I would like to draw your attention towards Chinese videos of different armament being fired by JF-17 plus live fire power demo videos of it in Pakistan.Also Thunders sqn has been stationed at CCS which only houses fully armed fighters.Nonetheless the FOC issue is for export of the fighter basically as it has cleared all the basic requirements for FOC but just has to be documented. But as long as it serves the purpose of PAF, I think there is no issue for PAF if its FOC not issued as yet (ofcourse not compromising on maintenance and ops requirements).
Another point is that Tejas has so far consumed whooping amount of more than Indian Rs 17,269 crore with total cost estimated as Indian Rs 55,000 crore, i think if IAF had gone for a foreign fighter, still the kick backs would have been quite low.Well India has forex reserves at all time high so i think it can spend lavishly on anything it wants to.

Your point is valid but it begs the question how many squadrons of Tejas/Thunder will be available by 2020? If say only 60 odd aircraft are available at that point of time would it make sense to invest in producing another 140 odd aircraft of the same when there is an opportunity to buy/invest in modern futuristic fighters?
I don't know about IAF requirements of Tejas but I do know that we intend to arm our air force with a fleet of 200 Thunders at least by 2020. also u forgot that these air craft will serve as ''debut 4thG '' air craft so many nations most of them are from Africa which r poor enough that they cannot afford Fulcurms and Falcons. This is where Thunders will play their role........................

Sir again what all You are quoting is just based on WOULD part as we are still waiting for its ops.Regarding JF-17 being put in service without any weapon carrying capability point, I would like to draw your attention towards Chinese videos of different armament being fired by JF-17 plus live fire power demo videos of it in Pakistan.Also Thunders sqn has been stationed at CCS which only houses fully armed fighters.Nonetheless the FOC issue is for export of the fighter basically as it has cleared all the basic requirements for FOC but just has to be documented. But as long as it serves the purpose of PAF, I think there is no issue for PAF if its FOC not issued as yet (ofcourse not compromising on maintenance and ops requirements).
Another point is that Tejas has so far consumed whooping amount of more than Indian Rs 17,269 crore with total cost estimated as Indian Rs 55,000 crore, i think if IAF had gone for a foreign fighter, still the kick backs would have been quite low.Well India has forex reserves at all time high so i think it can spend lavishly on anything it wants to.
when and where did a quoteted on "WOULD" part ?

all types of dump bombs ,LGBs, SR AAMs are EL/M 2032 radar & other avionicks already integrated into Tejas

already 8 prototypes flying and in testing phase

2 more naval variants already made and intesting phase all under 55K corore INR which is very very cheap by international standards

as i said before its a point defnce fighter so its fit enof for its role +two types of AESA based radar are in final stages of R&D which after they are integrated intotejas will fing way towards other fighters of IAF

unlike PAF which has to intigrated a new fighter withowt testing all its parameteres properrli might be obligation but for IAF onli the best& thouroghly tested fighters will do

Because it is ultimately a Chinese aircraft just like MKI is a Russian aircraft greatly modified by India for IAF use. MKI is a completely different variant from other Russian Sukhoi-30 models.
55% Thunder is prepared in Kamra. Pakistan and China have jointly designed and prepared Thunders.more over we will be primary users and we will sell them to friendly nations. so its better to call them Pakistani Thunders instead of labelling it permanently with Chinese label.
Su30MKI case is different. Su30 is Russian project and its MKI variant is prepared by Russians and Indians jointly. so its case is a bit different...........................

India is indeed rich. Most other countries can't spend all these money on fighters and tanks that the arm forces only acquire a token number while India buy mostly foreign.

55% Thunder is prepared in Kamra. Pakistan and China have jointly designed and prepared Thunders.more over we will be primary users and we will sell them to friendly nations. so its better to call them Pakistani Thunders instead of labelling it permanently with Chinese label.
Su30MKI case is different. Su30 is Russian project and its MKI variant is prepared by Russians and Indians jointly. so its case is a bit different...........................
care to explain how ?

India is indeed rich. Most other countries can't spend all these money on fighters and tanks that the arm forces only acquire a token number while India buy mostly foreign.
well owr defence owr tax payers money are we asking for soft loans or militarry aid from you to procure all that if not why so much botherred ?

why so.jpg

Oh thats why LCA is not operational !
wake up buddy looks like been sleeping for way too long

HAL Hands Over Tejas Jets To IAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom